Refueling oom not tracking F-15 receptacle correctly

Ranbi2Delta

Hi there,

It seems to me that with the latest update 1.5.1, the boom operator does not track the F-15's fuel port correctly. Now I normally am able to get a contact first time with the refueling probe 99% of the time, but after the patch to 1.5.1 I seem to have found myself struggling to make contact.

I have attached a few screenshots showing the boom position in relation to the F-15 and the corresponding guide light indications underneath the tanker. Now even though I was holding this position for about five to seven seconds to give the boom time to align, the operator simply would not make contact.

Further, I am sometimes able to make contact, but these seem to be in very specific positions that are slightly out of line with the guide lights. This problem seems to be specific to the F-15, as I tried this with the A-10 and there were no issues.

Could this possibly be looked at? I have also attached the mission file I used for testing this.

Edit: Excuse the typo in the thread title

Screen_151109_231917.thumb.jpg.6010e84748aa77a8890a29188ec2f1dd.jpg

Screen_151109_231925.thumb.jpg.cb70417566855dd74dcae2df2eb5c6ff.jpg

Refuelling Practice.miz

Edited by Ranbi2Delta
typo

"What's that goat doing up here in the clouds?"

I confirm this bug. The boom operator does not extend the boom when the aircraft is in the correct position and when you get closer, the boom starts to shake and moves away. Track attached.

I chose a bad day to make first A2A refuelling attempts in DCS. Spent 2 hours thinking WTF I'm doing wrong... Ah well, back to BMS 4.33, at least there it works.

refuellingFail.trk

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

I confirm this bug. The boom operator does not extend the boom when the aircraft is in the correct position and when you get closer, the boom starts to shake and moves away. Track attached.

I chose a bad day to make first A2A refuelling attempts in DCS. Spent 2 hours thinking WTF I'm doing wrong... Ah well, back to BMS 4.33, at least there it works.

Oh snap, first time I had tried AAR with the F-15c also, managed to connect a couple of times so far, but no lengthy refuelling yet.

Was worse than I remembered when I use to AAR with the A-10c, so I thought it was bugged.

Asus p877v-pro, Intel I7 3770k 4.2ghz, 32gb Ripjaw X ram, Nvidia RTX-2070 Super, Samsung 32" TV, Saitek x52 pro Joystick and Combat rudder pedals, TrackIR 5, Win8.1 x64 with SSD and SSHD protected by (Avast AV).

DCS Tech Support.

Oh snap, first time I had tried AAR with the F-15c also, managed to connect a couple of times so far, but no lengthy refuelling yet.

Was worse than I remembered when I use to AAR with the A-10c, so I thought it was bugged.

I just assumed I was terribad at it.

Reformers hate him! This one weird trick found by a bush pilot will make gunfighter obsessed old farts angry at your multi-role carrier deck line up!

Odd, I just did a 10,000lb AAR on 104th last night, had maybe 3 disconnects and didn't even notice the boom position... :noexpression:

And that's probably because I zoom all the way in on the belly lights and my horizon indicator on the HUD, even when I want to check my fuel state! :megalol:

Lord of Salt

• 3 months later...

I'm not sure if what I'm experiencing is part of this same issue or not...

When I try to refuel in the F-15C, I go through the steps: contact the tanker, pre-contact, open the refueling door, then slide into position. If I get in the right spot, the boom will connect and you can hear the fuel flowing.

But...if I get out of parameters and the boom disconnects (which usually happens pretty quickly), there doesn't seem to be anything I can do to persuade the boom operator to give me any more fuel. I can get back into position, both lights middle green, and sit there. It doesn't matter, the boom just seems to wander around aimlessly. The Ready light on the canopy bow is lit.

Is there something I need to do to reset after the boom disconnects, like in the A-10C you have to push the NWS button I believe.

And also I never seem to hear any radio messages from the tanker that I hear in some other aircraft ("Return pre-contact", "You're taking fuel", etc.)

Ok, this is getting frustrating.

Now, I can't seem to get the tanker to give me any gas at all.

I've attached a track and the mission file if anyone would be willing to take a look at it and see if you see anything I'm doing wrong. It may not be perfect flying, but surely somewhere in there I was in good enough position that he could have plugged in for a little while if he really wanted to.

F-15C aerial refueling.trk

F-15 aerial refueling.miz

Ok, this is getting frustrating.

Now, I can't seem to get the tanker to give me any gas at all.

I've attached a track and the mission file if anyone would be willing to take a look at it and see if you see anything I'm doing wrong. It may not be perfect flying, but surely somewhere in there I was in good enough position that he could have plugged in for a little while if he really wanted to.

Yeah, that´s a feature that has been around for some time now. In SP or you being the mission host you have to fly your plane into a fixed boom, whereas someone else hosting the mission the operator helps you out (as he should).

Try it at either the "476_NTTR_RAFAIR..." or the 104 Training Server "476_NTTR_Range...".

Both have a Tanker at the right speed for the F-15 and you´ll see it will be way easier to hook up.

Yeah, that´s a feature that has been around for some time now. In SP or you being the mission host you have to fly your plane into a fixed boom, whereas someone else hosting the mission the operator helps you out (as he should).

Try it at either the "476_NTTR_RAFAIR..." or the 104 Training Server "476_NTTR_Range...".

Both have a Tanker at the right speed for the F-15 and you´ll see it will be way easier to hook up.

Thanks! I knew there was some sort of issue if you were the host of a MP mission, but I didn't know the same problem existed in SP.

I feel better...I guess. I do wish it worked right though. I'm sure ED has this on their list of things to fix Real Soon NowTM. :)