OT - North Korea just started the invasion...

North Korea just started the invasion of South Korea.

These are the first and very exclusive pictures (HiRes 16x12) taken from a NATO satellite:

korea3.jpg

korea2.jpg

korea1.jpg

:surrender: :D

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

If it's piloted by Eddie we better run :D

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

Guest IguanaKing

That satellite has the ability to see through the left vertical stab apparently. :D Speaking of satellites, I wonder if the DPRK was using the few operational GLONASS satellites. That might explain how they ended up in the Crimean peninsula area. :music_whistling:

Oh...and...HERE'S....EDDIE.

http://bvertut.free.fr/images/singles/aces_high.jpg

There goes the siren

That warns of the air raid

Then comes the sound of

The guns sending flak

Out for the scramble

We've got to get airborne

Got to get up for

The coming attack

Jump in the cockpit

And start up the engines

Remove all the wheelblocks

There's no time to waste

Gathering speed

As we head down the runway

Got to get airborne

Before it's too late

Running (Running)

Scrambling (Scramblin)

Flying (Flying)

Rolling (Rolling)

Turning (Turning)

Diving (Diving)

Going in again!

Run

Live to fly

Fly to live

Do or die

Run

Live to fly

Fly to live

Do or die

Aces high

Move in to fire

At the mainstream of bombers

Let off a sharp burst

And then turn away

Roll over, spin round

And come in behind them

Move to their blindsides

And firing again

Bandits at 8 O'clock

Move in behind us

Ten ME-109's

Out of the sun

Ascending and turning

Our spitfires to face them

Heading straight for them

I press down my guns

Run

Live to fly

Fly to live

Do or die

The Crimean peninsula area/terrain is almost similar with the area in North Korea especially with the presents of plenty of coastal area.

The skins were custom made for the Russian Mig-29A (Demo paint).

Anyway get the skins here: http://users.belgacom.net/gc363831/fc/korea-skin-mig29.zip

North Korea skin for Russian Mig-29A by Sonny Tuckson.

Install:

à First convert the files to format bitmap with extension .BMP

à Put the files into “C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Bazar\TempTextures”

“MIG-29-PAINT-DEF-10-L.bmp”

“MIG-29-PAINT-DEF-10-R.bmp”

Based on Mig-29A clean bitmap template ( 2048x2048 )

PS. Star in the Korean flag was corrected (flipped in the right direction!)

:beer:

DELL Intel® Core™ i7 Processor 940 2,93 GHz @3 GHz, 8 MB cache | 8.192 MB 1.067 MHz Tri Channel DDR3

| 512 MB ATI® Radeon™ 4850 | 500 GB 7200 rpm Serial ATA | Samsung SM 2693 HM 25.5 " | HOTAS Cougar Thrustmaster |

Nice skin!

IMHO, I'd expect that the NK air force fighters are of little real threat. They never seem to fly. Did some work on radars for South Korea 5 yrs ago, got several days worth of recordings to look through as part of the testing. Loads of military traffic over the South, 2-ships, 4-ships and more - practice dogfights etc. Only ever saw one slow (turboprop) flight in the North. You could tell where the border was as there was absolutely nothing flying up there, nada, zip!

I always assumed it was because they just can't afford the fuel to let their pilots practice. Heck, the average village over there gets electricity for only a few hours each week, from what I hear.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sorry Death, you lose! It was Professor Plum....

Nice skin!

IMHO, I'd expect that the NK air force fighters are of little real threat. They never seem to fly. Did some work on radars for South Korea 5 yrs ago, got several days worth of recordings to look through as part of the testing. Loads of military traffic over the South, 2-ships, 4-ships and more - practice dogfights etc. Only ever saw one slow (turboprop) flight in the North. You could tell where the border was as there was absolutely nothing flying up there, nada, zip!

I always assumed it was because they just can't afford the fuel to let their pilots practice. Heck, the average village over there gets electricity for only a few hours each week, from what I hear.....

I know: the people almost die of starvation in NK .

Last year I watched a documentary of some villagers in North Korea using barrow and no sign of a car (even horses were too expensive I guess).

Anyway congratulations for the UK victory against Ecuador in Germany!

:thumbup:

Guest IguanaKing

US and ROK Marines on the DMZ often f*** with the DPRK soldiers by using big fans and buckets of KFC.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Figured I saw that star upside down. BTW I just had to resurrect this old thread.

Star in the Korean flag was corrected and ready for download in this thread (flipped in the right direction!)

BTW, this old thread is timelier as ever!

I wonder if the mig29S is capable of dropping nuke loads? I guess it can.

TucksonSonny, you might need to really double check the zip file, it has both the -L files not the appropriate -R file. Also readjusting the opacity of the lines for the wings and tailplanes so it matches with the rest of the aircraft would help too.

LOMAC Section| | Gaming Resume (PDF) | Gallery | Flanker2.51 Storage Site |

Also known as Flanker562 back in the day...

Steam ID EricJ562 | DCS: A-10A/C Pilot | DCS: Su-25T Pilot | Texture Artist

"...parade ground soldiers always felt that way (contempt) about killers in uniform." -Counting The Cost, Hammer's Slammers

Dos Gringos:

"So they launched their MiGs, two by two, never to return...

And no matter how much we shot´em down, they never seemed to learn.

Their suicidal bravery made us feel bad for them,

So on tuesdays it was heaters-only, wednesday BFM..."

"For aviators like us, the sky is not the limit - it's our home!"

TucksonSonny, you might need to really double check the zip file, it has both the -L files not the appropriate -R file. Also readjusting the opacity of the lines for the wings and tailplanes so it matches with the rest of the aircraft would help too.

:poster_oops: Problem solved ...