A Definitive Guide to Getting the TM Cougar Up and Running Properly

It's been 8 years since I was last able to fly and I'm really excited about getting back into the groove. I'm looking for a "recent" sort of FAQ on the best way to go about getting started and getting all the right software installed, etc... Doesn't "Digital Foxy" go with the Cougar? I can't remember... Do I need to reflash hardware, etc...? Any tips for being successful?

Basically from noob to expert on getting the Cougar stick and throttle back out of the box and getting it going with the least amount of frustration...

Also looking for some well made Cougar files for DCS, (BOS and P3D too) if anyone knows where to get them...

Thanks.

Cavemanhead

Search for a thread from HomeFries. He has a tremendous setup for Cougar.

hsb

hsb

HW Spec in Spoiler

---

i7-10700K Direct-To-Die/OC'ed to 5.1GHz, MSI Z490 MB, 32GB DDR4 3200MHz, EVGA 2080 Ti FTW3, NVMe+SSD, Win 10 x64 Pro, MFG, Warthog, TM MFDs, Komodo Huey set, Rverbe G1

It's been 8 years since I was last able to fly and I'm really excited about getting back into the groove. I'm looking for a "recent" sort of FAQ on the best way to go about getting started and getting all the right software installed, etc... Doesn't "Digital Foxy" go with the Cougar? I can't remember... Do I need to reflash hardware, etc...? Any tips for being successful?

Basically from noob to expert on getting the Cougar stick and throttle back out of the box and getting it going with the least amount of frustration...

Also looking for some well made Cougar files for DCS, (BOS and P3D too) if anyone knows where to get them...

Thanks.

Cavemanhead

I was lazy to use my TM Warthog HOTAS for several time then spent some time viewing some YouTube videos and learned to do my own profiles using TARGET GUI. I suggest you take the same road it's not that difficult. I found it was easier than CH Control Manager (CH Products).

In P3D if you use FSUIPC you can set your axis and buttons fairly easy as well checking some videos on how to do it.

Peace,

AK

• 2 weeks later...