Su-25T on latest Open Beta Build question

AlienKarma

Is it just me or the FM of the Su-25T changed with the latest build of the beta? :music_whistling:

e.g. top speed of the aircraft full loaded at around 1000 m has increased. The trim controls are also different in terms of response and feel (more jerky).

I have read the patch log and saw no mention to the Frogfoot!

Peace,

AK

Is it just me or the FM of the Su-25T changed with the latest build of the beta? :music_whistling:

e.g. top speed of the aircraft full loaded at around 1000 m has increased. The trim controls are also different in terms of response and feel (more jerky).

I have read the patch log and saw no mention to the Frogfoot!

Peace,

AK

Yes.

I have same thing. It is constantly more difficult to fly as it speeds very easily. Now in my attack runs I need to pull throttle to 1/3 or fully back and even use airbreaks to slow myself down.

My common attack run is at 1000-2000m altitude and about 7-12km ranges.

In one of mine common testing missions I carry full load (not common mission load for specific task only) like a 2x S-8, 8x KAB-100, Vikhrs and cannon pods. And I have no difficulties to keep speed up.

At 1.2.X I needed to keep throttle full almost all the time in maneuvers and attacks, and keep at around 75% in level flight.

Now I have 50-60% in level flight and 70-80% in combat and after dive pushing to 100% for get back to 2000m altitude in 30-40° angle after losing speed to 390-420km/h in attack runs (throttle back).

In common load like 4x S-8 and 8x KAB-100 I once noticed I was speeding 680km/h in a level flight.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

Yes.

I have same thing. It is constantly more difficult to fly as it speeds very easily. Now in my attack runs I need to pull throttle to 1/3 or fully back and even use airbreaks to slow myself down.

My common attack run is at 1000-2000m altitude and about 7-12km ranges.

In one of mine common testing missions I carry full load (not common mission load for specific task only) like a 2x S-8, 8x KAB-100, Vikhrs and cannon pods. And I have no difficulties to keep speed up.

At 1.2.X I needed to keep throttle full almost all the time in maneuvers and attacks, and keep at around 75% in level flight.

Now I have 50-60% in level flight and 70-80% in combat and after dive pushing to 100% for get back to 2000m altitude in 30-40° angle after losing speed to 390-420km/h in attack runs (throttle back).

In common load like 4x S-8 and 8x KAB-100 I once noticed I was speeding 680km/h in a level flight.

Glad I am not the only one "seeing things" :pilotfly:

How does this compare with the real deal? Is there any attempt to refine the FM or are just "random tweaks" without any real life data? Any inputs on this?

Regards,

AK

Glad I am not the only one "seeing things" ilotfly:

How does this compare with the real deal? Is there any attempt to refine the FM or are just "random tweaks" without any real life data? Any inputs on this?

Regards,

AK

I have just two theories.

1) The Flight Modeling to this date has been wrong by X reasons.

2) There is a new algorithm error that makes Flight Modeling wrong.

But based to some HUD recorders from Su-25A (slightly faster than T) those aircrafts pulls combat maneuvers that are like crazy deep dives and then pulls up and keep speed up fairly well. And in previous DCS versions it was very difficult to do same things.

i7-8700k, 32GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 2x 2080S SLI 8GB, Oculus Rift S.

i7-8700k, 16GB 2666Mhz DDR4, 1080Ti 11GB, 27" 4K, 65" HDR 4K.

There are other aircraft experiencing "hulk-mode" engines like the Hawk and C101. Perhaps the problem doesn't really lie with FM at all but at a deeper level..

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo