Warthog extension by Sahaj

I've just recieved my new extension from Sahaj

I asked him a custom made extension of about 45 cm because i want to place the Warthog base on the floor matching the right joystick height with my Playseat Flightseat.

Here the result:

20151116_185010_zpslt350job.jpg

20151116_185020_zpsfmzgdsbs.jpg

20151116_185046_zpskd465vao.jpg

The extension is two pieces built and it's really easy to fit.

As for my request this mod is really long, so an adjustment of axis saturation is needed just to reduce the required travel to reach full command in the sim. For me works fine at 50%.

I also tried a little free flight with the UH-1H feeling an incredible smoothness and a better sensivity in hover.

A very great work by Sahaj. :thumbup:

| CPU: Intel I7 4820K@3.9GHz | GPU: ASUS GTX780 | MOBO: ASUS Rampage IV Extreme

| RAM:Corsair Vengeance 16GB DDR3 @1600 | PSU: Coolermaster v850 | OS: Windows7 x86_64|

Thrustmaster Warthog; OE-XAM collective; CH Pedals; CH control panel.

how are collectives done? are they sold or all of them are homemade?

thanks

Intel Core i5-8600k + Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO | Gigabyte GTX 1070 Aorus 8G | 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengance LPX Black 3200MHz | Gigabyte Z370 Aorus Gaming 3 | WD Black SN750 NVMe 500GB | Samsung 850 EVO 250GB | WD Green 240GB | WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 3 | WD Caviar Blue 500GB SATA 3 | EVGA 650 GQ 80+ Gold | Samsung CF391 Curved 32" | Corsair 400C | Steelseries Arctis 5 --- Razer Kraken X Lite | Logitech G305 | Redragon Dyaus 2 K509 | Xbox 360 | Saitek X-52 Pro | Thrustmaster TWCS | TrackIR 5

I thought they were a bit pricey when I ordered them, but I bit the bullet, as you can see from my last post.

I received them this morning, so delivery times are top notch. I'd been using an acrylic tube, that I'd made into an extension, and I'd had no issues with that until a large crack developed, and I thought it was time to get something more permanent.

I must say they feel much more precise than the acrylic. I always had just a tiny bit of slop, and I'm truly amazed by how much more effective stick inputs are with the properly engineered tubes.

The finish is excellent, and the custom made extension lead is very neat, and fits perfectly too, with just enough extra length to make plugging everything in before screwing on the joystick handle.

My joystick now just feels so much more solid and positive. I'd not hesitate in recommending them. Sahaj is in Poland, and he has a pretty good website, payment for the products is simple through paypal, includes postage, and the service is prompt and reliable.

Expensive, yes, but definitely worth the money. If you are thinking of getting extension tubes, then I recommend Sahaj, with no reservations at all.

Thanks Sahaj!

Purchased one of the 10cm extensions for my warthog and i am very happy with it!

The only slight issue is that i tightened it a tiny bit too much on the base, and i don't want to force twist on the gimbal so i will have to live with it there unti'll i decide to take the base apart for a cleanup and re-grease.

EDIT:

For some reason my buttons do not work anymore!! could it be my extension cable? The only thing that works is the trigger, and it triggers all the buttons at the same time.

Edited by Farlander

It is a huge problem if get the extension cable plugged in incorrectly, so take a good look at the pins, and be very careful if you need to straighten them if you did plug it in the wrong way round.

The bad news is that you'll need to get the tube off to make sure you haven't put the bottom plug on incorrectly.

It is a huge problem if get the extension cable plugged in incorrectly, so take a good look at the pins, and be very careful if you need to straighten them if you did plug it in the wrong way round.

The bad news is that you'll need to get the tube off to make sure you haven't put the bottom plug on incorrectly.

The pins are all fine, however, the connectors can rotate on the cable so i think one of the wires may have been disconnected from one of the connectors.

The pins are all fine, however, the connectors can rotate on the cable so i think one of the wires may have been disconnected from one of the connectors.

EDIT:

haha, as i have been fooling around with it a bit, and found out how to open it (no, not by using a saw..) it seems like i have managed to rip off all the wires! :D

Now to find that old solder i knew i had somewhere..

Warthog Extencion Cable Fix

Hope you get it sorted. You probably twisted it when you assembled the stick?

Because of how it is designed, all twisting, pushing, pulling happens at the connections between the cable and the connectors. so after x amount of cycles the solder joints will be ripped off.

My fix was simply to

Disassemble (to get the outer shell off will need some force, you might want to find a way to stretch it a bit. It is quite elastic.

[ame=http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/670/md-515791.pdf]http://www.mouser.com/ds/2/670/md-515791.pdf[/ame]

Re-solder, and cut the insulation away so that the cables can twist and bend the whole way instead of doing it at the solder joints. If you are doing this, then i would also reccommend replacing the cable with a better one.

Don't let this make you hesitate though! its and awesome adition to the warthog, and i will never fly without it!

Edited by Farlander

got my 10cm black extension a few days back from Sahaj......great product.....what a difference it makes when lining up a shot!.....very happy with it.....;-)

P-51, 190-D9, 109-K4, Spitfire MK IX, Normandy, and everything else:joystick:

i7 4770K, 4.3ghz, 32gb ram, Windows-10 Pro, Z87 Exstreme4, Corsair 850w psu, Samsung Evo 1T SSD & 250 SSD, Titan-X 12gb OC, Asus ROG Swift 27"/1440p/144hz/1ms monitor, Trackir 5, TM Warthog & 10cm extension, Saitek TPM, MFG crosswind pedals

• 4 months later...
  • 4 years later...

I just installed the red spring for my 15 cm extension. I love how it brings back a bit more resistance to the stick.

However, I have 1 problem. The roll axis isn't centering perfectly now. It is off by a tiny amount. I tried taking the joystick apart and making sure everything is in place.I put it back together and it's still the same. 

Does anybody know how to fix this? I read that I can get TM warthog calibration software to calibrate to the new centre position but before j do that is there any other quick fix?