Cockpit Visual Recon and Status Bar?

dburne

Hey gang,

Ok so sometimes I wonder about things, especially when I see things that I do not fully understand. :smilewink:

Having fairly recently really got back into DCS and spending all my flight simming time with it now, I have been looking through all the menu options trying to wrap my arms around all of them and have a full understanding of what they do.

I see in the Gameplay tab of the GUI, a couple of options that are off by default:

Cockpit Visual Recon

Cockpit Status Bar

I have been devoting all my time to flying and learning the KA-50 sim, so out of curiosity I enabled those two options, exited DCS and restarted to be sure they took, and continued to fly the KA-50.

However, I do not see any difference with them being enabled versus disabled.

I had a look through the manual in the GUI section, but do not see these two features mentioned.

Anyone know what they do? Are they maybe specific to certain modules?

Thanks for any tips,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I highlighted your text and selected "Search Google...."

guess what?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=123740

Google is your friend... :thumbup:

Couldn't spot anything on the second one as yet, though.

Edited by Brixmis

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Lol, well I thought to look through the manual but did not occur to me to try Google, thanks!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Cockpit status bar is on the bottom edge of your screen in 1.5 :thumbup: and thats what it does:music_whistling::smartass::D

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

Cockpit Visual Recon lets you look out the cockpit and put a crosshair on enemy units and clic on them to add them to the F10 "Fog of War" map.

Something is wrong with the Visual Recon crosshair in DCS 1.5.xx. It disappears behind world geometry.

Cockpit status bar is on the bottom edge of your screen in 1.5 :thumbup: and thats what it does:music_whistling::smartass::D

I must not have noticed it , thanks I will check it again tomorrow when I am flying again.

Don B

Cockpit Visual Recon lets you look out the cockpit and put a crosshair on enemy units and clic on them to add them to the F10 "Fog of War" map.

Something is wrong with the Visual Recon crosshair in DCS 1.5.xx. It disappears behind world geometry.

Thanks for the info!

Don B

Just did a quick test, I must be blind I guess cause I am not seeing anything lol...

Don B

Did you check to see if the box is checked or not?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

I think with 1.5 it is also necessary to quit out of the game and restart it to get some of these options to function. Probably a necessity following the introduction of the unified executable.

I'd restart DCS World after any options changes before testing them under 1.5 Beta.

Yes I had thought of that and had restarted it to test, I just don't see any difference.

Thanks,

Don B

• 4 years later...

I need help with that.

There's very little information about it, and a bit confusing.

The manual doesn't seem to include it, although it is potentially a very powerful tool in multiplayer.

My questions are:

1-Does it work in Multiplayer at all?

2-Does it mark the targets on the map or just relays an audio/text warning?

3-Does it work even if the targeted units have the option "Invisible" on?

4-If I fly in multiplayer and the F10 setting is for "Map Only" or "My A/C", does it still mark the target on the Tactical Cmdr's map view?

5-If yes to the previous, how long does a unit remain visible to the opposing coalition after being marked?

6-Why don't the Mig-21 and ground units have the option to Cockpit Visual Recon?

Thanks in advance for the info.