Civilian Aircraft (Airliners) and Civilian (neutral) side

TJTAS

I'm sure this has been asked for before but i think this game desperately needs Civilian aircraft and a civilian (neutral) side. This would mainly be for window dressing. I just think it would add to the atmosphere tremendously. Plus with the scripting talent around here I'm sure someone could link in game Air traffic to the Flightradar24 website.

There are a few civilian aircraft in game atm, just not flyable. Someone could certainly script custom ambient ATC comms for them too if they wanted. Some additional AI civy planes would be nice though. Right now all we have are some Russian designs, a few western models for the NTTR map would be good.

There are a few civilian aircraft in game atm, just not flyable. Someone could certainly script custom ambient ATC comms for them too if they wanted. Some additional AI civy planes would be nice though. Right now all we have are some Russian designs, a few western models for the NTTR map would be good.

Only one I'm aware of is the AN-26 (I think it is) what others are there?.

I really mean though a basic 747 and an airbus etc. The big thing though is also the need for a 3rd (neutral) party to augment red and blue.

The idea to have NEUTRAL side or even have factions in addition to FOR and OPFOR would more accurately represent combat operations.

I myself just want to add neutral air units and neutral statics so that identification and ROE and things like civilian casualties become important factors. Not interested in just window dressing, more interested in tracking correct procedures and mission objectives achieved.

I'm sure someone will make a mod so that people can take off and land from and ... McCarran International Airport in an airliner. It seems an obvious thing people would want to do.

I believe both a neutral side and civilian aircraft would be good.

For one thing it would create more diversity and realism.

For another, it could attract a new audience and new 3rd party developers.

It seems that no other PC flight simulator at the moment have the depth of flight modeling that DCS have, especially on the helicopter side.

Why not attract the guys who would like such a thing, and let their money attract new developers as well?

This could in its turn create new mission types and new maps, not to forget more aircraft types, which would benefit everyone.

Win-win as I see it. :)

PS For civilian aircraft flying into a war zone, there are actually special transport companies/airlines doing exactly that.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

So much planes in air dont mean more work for CPU?

At this moment ED will have to consider multithread no?

i7 2600k -- Noctua NH-D14--Asrock Z75 Pro3--ASUS GTX970 Strix --16Go Ripjaws X 1333--Thermaltake Smart M650--CoolerMaster Silencio 652S--AOC E2752VQ-- Sandisk Extreme II 480GB--Saitek X-52 Pro --SAITEK PZ35 Pedals

I myself just want to add neutral air units and neutral statics so that identification and ROE and things like civilian casualties become important factors. Not interested in just window dressing, more interested in tracking correct procedures and mission objectives achieved.

This is precisely what I wanted to be able to do. I've been playing around making a Mig-21 patrol mission and I would love to have civilian aircraft for the immersion.

we don't have even cargo planes

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

Only one I'm aware of is the AN-26 (I think it is) what others are there?.

I really mean though a basic 747 and an airbus etc. The big thing though is also the need for a 3rd (neutral) party to augment red and blue.

There is also the Yak-40 :P

EDIT:

I don't know of any airlines that would willingly send aircraft through a war zone! I'd prefer to save the system resources to generate targets, not buses in the sky.

Just my opinion, but I thought we were here for combat?

I'm not a huge fan of civilian aircraft in DCS for the same reasons. Although i have to say I wouldn't be opposed to player controlled military non combat aircraft, such as the C-130, C-17, IL-76, Tankers, Awacs etc.... Could be interesting when flying with squadrons. But military planes should have priority!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

-- i7 4790K

-- Club 3D R9 290X Royal Ace SOC

-- Asus Maximus VII Ranger

-- G.Skill Trident X 16GB DDR3-2400 CL10

-- Gelid Tranquillo rev.2

-- Corsair RM850

-- Corsair 760T White

-- Windows 10

• 2 years later...
I don't know of any airlines that would willingly send aircraft through a war zone! I'd prefer to save the system resources to generate targets, not buses in the sky.

Just my opinion, but I thought we were here for combat?

Except that there are several high-profile incidents of civilian airliners being shot down by fighter jets or SAMs. Just a few years ago there was that civilian airliner that was shot down by a Buk SAM over Crimea, for example, and there was the time back in the 80s when a Soviet Su-15 shot down KAL 007, and I think there was a Libyan or Algerian or Tunisian civilian airline flight to Cairo that got lost and accidentally crossed over into the Sinai Peninsula during the War of Attrition, and the Israeli Air Force mistook it for an Egyptian military transport and shot it down.

I'm just saying that these things happen. I don't think that it would consume system resources if they were assets that had to be placed in a mission (unlike civilian car traffic), since it would be up to the mission designers whether to include them or not.

Except that there are several high-profile incidents of civilian airliners being shot down by fighter jets or SAMs. Just a few years ago there was that civilian airliner that was shot down by a Buk SAM over Crimea, for example, and there was the time back in the 80s when a Soviet Su-15 shot down KAL 007, and I think there was a Libyan or Algerian or Tunisian civilian airline flight to Cairo that got lost and accidentally crossed over into the Sinai Peninsula during the War of Attrition, and the Israeli Air Force mistook it for an Egyptian military transport and shot it down.

I'm just saying that these things happen. I don't think that it would consume system resources if they were assets that had to be placed in a mission (unlike civilian car traffic), since it would be up to the mission designers whether to include them or not.

Yes, Even in the theatres we have there's the incident you mentioned on the Caucasus map, and the USS Vincennes shot down an Iranian Airbus A300 with 200 people on board in 1988 in Iranian airspace that will be part of the Persian map.

ROE regarding civilian aircraft (civilians generally) are a significant aspect of military conflict that is largely ignored in DCS missions.

Cheers.

And on the helo side the h-47 I think is the twin rotor USA transport that moves troops and equipment in and out of the war zone.

BlackeyCole 20years usaf

XP-11. Dcs 2.5OB

Acer predator laptop/ i7 7720, 2.4ghz, 32 gb ddr4 ram, 500gb ssd,1tb hdd,nvidia 1080 8gb vram

New FlightSim Blog at https://blackeysblog.wordpress.com. Go visit it and leave me feedback and or comments so I can make it better. A new post every Friday.