Simshaker: which airframe effects to implement next

Simshaker: which airframe effects to implement next  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Simshaker: which airframe effects to implement next

This was quite a hard toss for me..

I voted F-86, but would actually love both gun fire and payload release effects too on both the Huey and the Mi-8. :)

Maybe even included sling loads effects also?

If that is possible?

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Gents, Olaf (f4l0) is going to add a bunch of cool effects for F-86. Do you want it or not ;)

As you may know, he's already done that for L-39C.

So I will be able to get down to our other winner airframe.

I'd jus like to ask you for some financial support in behalf of substantial SimShaker development. There is a lot of programming on the radar :)

I'm sure you know where the button is.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 2 weeks later...
Sorry, but I don't have a clue what your on about. What is supposed to shake with SimShaker?

You can use the Gametrix seat cover which can vibrate or you can use a bass transducer like Butt Kicker. Sound Module is necessary to drive the transducer.

You can use the Gametrix seat cover which can vibrate or you can use a bass transducer like Butt Kicker. Sound Module is necessary to drive the transducer.

I currently use a cushion that shakes and I haven't installed anything that's mentioned here. The runway effect already rumbles like a runway in my cushion and then it just quietly rumbles along once I tackoff, like in a real jet. I'm trying to figure out why I need these two programs when the cushion I have already seems to do these things. My cushion uses a transducer, so what would these two programs do?

You also said I needed the Sound Module, but I don't see anywhere where to pay for these programs. Are you supposed to download Sim Shaker and purchase Sound Module? I'm still unsure what these will do that my cushion doesn't already do, but I'd like to give it a try if I knew a bit more about them and where to purchase the Sound Module.

Hi joebloggs,

I wonder what kind of cushion do you use?

If you'd like to try Sound Module, that's easy. There is a Demo mode. Please have a look here http://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/simshaker-and-buttkicker.html

There is a special thread to discuss Sound Module related questions

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144060&goto=newpost

Let's continue there.

Gametrix JetSeats thread (in English) ,

SimShaker addon for bass-shakers thread (in English),

Andre's blog, downloads, manuals (in English).

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I currently use a cushion that shakes and I haven't installed anything that's mentioned here. The runway effect already rumbles like a runway in my cushion and then it just quietly rumbles along once I tackoff, like in a real jet. I'm trying to figure out why I need these two programs when the cushion I have already seems to do these things. My cushion uses a transducer, so what would these two programs do?

You also said I needed the Sound Module, but I don't see anywhere where to pay for these programs. Are you supposed to download Sim Shaker and purchase Sound Module? I'm still unsure what these will do that my cushion doesn't already do, but I'd like to give it a try if I knew a bit more about them and where to purchase the Sound Module.

Maybe it would help if you state what software and what type and brand of shaking cushion that you use?

For me, I use the SimShaker software and a Gametrix seat which works via USB, so do not need the sound module.

SimShaker implements a lot of effects in DCS and other games, which can be seen here:

http://dreamsimteam.blogspot.ru/p/simshaker.html

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

Sorry, but I don't have a clue what your on about. What is supposed to shake with SimShaker?

Joebloggs your cushion is likely using the sub output from your sound card running via an amp similar to buttkicker. This means it is relying on your in game audio for the effects. This can be a bit hit and miss. It is relying firstly on your game outputting good low frequency audio signals. It also means you are tied to just those effects which have low frequency audio associated with them.

Simshaker takes aircraft effects from the export lua script in DCS. It takes these values and outputs its own audio signals for each effect. These custom signals result in vibrations which cannot be achieved from the in game audio alone. These can then be output to a buttkicker or cushion like yours.

The jetseat Is another peripheral which is also supported and it provides better feedback than a buttkicker.

An example to illustrate is the etl transition vibrations in the Huey. These are currently output via Simshaker. This effect is not felt with a traditional buttkicker or other audio driven transducer but with Simshaker a physical vibration is felt to match the in game cockpit vibrations.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

My cushion is using the 3.5 mm jack and is a Aura 3D sound cushion, I currently have it plug in to the 3.5mm jack on my speakers using a splitter. That enables me to have sound to my speakers and rumbles to my Ayra cushion. This is one way the instructions tell you to set it up. I don't think it's using the sub woofer connection and it certainly isn't using a usb like the massage chair, it's a petty old cushion that uses its own amp box and I have no software installed. Will these two programs work with it and can some explain where to get them if they do work. Will I also need the sound module aswell as the SimShake? Thanks!

Replied via PM to avoid taking this thread off topic.

Win 10 64bit | i7 7700k delid @ 5.1gHz | 32Gb 3466mhz TridentZ memory | Asus ROG Apex motherboard | Asus ROG Strix 1080Ti overclocked

Komodosim Cyclic | C-tek anti torque pedals and collective | Warthog stick and throttle | Oculus Rift CV1 | KW-908 Jetseat | Buttkicker with Simshaker for Aviators

RiftFlyer VR G-Seat project: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=2733051#post2733051

I'm going to buy a dedicated sound card since I only have onboard and its playing through my cushion. What I would like to know is, does SimShaker and Sound Module use the subwoofer connection on a soundcard or some other connection? I'd like this information before buying a Sound Card. Also, does anyone have any good recommendation for a sound card I can buy? Thanks!

I use this card as my primary sound card and used my on-board sound card for simshaker https://www.asus.com/Sound-Cards/Xonar_DGX/

The output is not connected to the sub-woofer channel but to the front out if you want to use it with a butt-kicker or a similar device such as your seat.

I had a buttkicker before the gametrix seat and had it connected like this with the simshaker software.

You should not have any problems in my opinion.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_____________Semper paratus, In hoc signo vinces________________

PC: Intel i7-8700K (4.9 GHz), Aorus Ultra Gaming Z370 MB, Gigabyte RTX 3080, 32 GB DDR3 (3,2 GHz), Samsung EVO 860 M.2 500 GB SSD + Samsung 960 M.2 250 GB SSD Gaming: Virpil T-50 CM2, TM WH Throttle, Crosswind pedals, HP Reverb