Respawn late activated Units

whaaw

Hi,

I'm creating a CAP mission for me and my squadron friend.

We are both new in CAP, so I thought it would be a good idea to spawn the enemy fighters in the radio Menü.

All this wasnt a problem for me to create in Editor. I did a few enemy fighters and disabled them on start.

To get a bit more diversified i did for every enemy aircraft a version with one, two and four fighters.

Now the problem is everything is hardcoded, when i kill a MiG-21 the option for us is gone because the unit ist destroyed.

Im now asking the question what i have to do to respawn late activated units in game? i seacherd a lot and found alot but mostly it was to complicated

for me to understand whats going on, the missions are full with scripts and triggers and i wasnt able to find stuff for respawning a dead unit ingame.

thx

i have the miz here: Link do not use the corrupt one ^^

Edited by whaaw

SFMBE

There is no respawning. Once a unit is dead its gone for good. What we mostly do in this scenario is create many groups on the map and have them activate only when told. So I would have a radio command that turns on flag 1.

Another trigger that is switched condition or continuous that checks for flag 1 on. If flag 1 is on its add +1 to flag 2, then turns off flag 1. ex:

switched condition>flag is true(1)>flag increase(2,1), flag off(1)

make sure you have a standard state flag at mission start for all to return to zero, cause we dont trust ram.

mission start>empty>flag off(1), flag off(2)

Now a whole list of group spawns. Save you have mig29 2 ships. You have 10 waves. You must build 10 waves on the map and use the late activation switch to activate them.

As flag two counts from 0 to 9 using flag 1 on/off you have the spawn triggers:

Once>Flag equals(2,0)>Group activate(mig29_group1)

Since this is a once trigger it will only process once. So you can count up.

Once>Flag equals(2,1)>Group activate(mig29_group2)

Once>Flag equals(2,2)>Group activate(mig29_group3)

Once>Flag equals(2,3)>Group activate(mig29_group4)

Once>Flag equals(2,4)>Group activate(mig29_group5)

etc.

This is the pita way of doing it, theres also this: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=120325&highlight=cap+script

that may work better for you.

A couple things you should know, having a ton of AI aircraft waypoints eats computer ram. So while you can start each wave in a different location and a different way in you will have to test exactly how many aircraft you can have before mission lags out. Even if they arent activated they hold a heavy load. Maybe 1.5/2.0 improves on this, don't know.

But the point is limit the number of waves, and the amount of waypoints each wave has.

• Like 1

thank you for the reply,

I understand how to do it now without script.

can i use a once trigger for this because as far as i know Mission start triggers wont work in 1.5.1

make sure you have a standard state flag at mission start for all to return to zero, cause we dont trust ram.

mission start>empty>flag off(1), flag off(2)

SFMBE

Once>time more(1)>flag off(1)......etc

Although mission start triggers have been working for me in beta... I've used them to add F10 options.

Are they working for you in multiplayer? the only way for me to do so was with radio to coaliton and more time rule

SFMBE

Hi,

I'm creating a CAP mission for me and my squadron friend.

We are both new in CAP, so I thought it would be a good idea to spawn the enemy fighters in the radio Menü.

All this wasnt a problem for me to create in Editor. I did a few enemy fighters and disabled them on start.

To get a bit more diversified i did for every enemy aircraft a version with one, two and four fighters.

Now the problem is everything is hardcoded, when i kill a MiG-21 the option for us is gone because the unit ist destroyed.

Im now asking the question what i have to do to respawn late activated units in game? i seacherd a lot and found alot but mostly it was to complicated

for me to understand whats going on, the missions are full with scripts and triggers and i wasnt able to find stuff for respawning a dead unit ingame.

thx

i have the miz here: Link do not use the corrupt one ^^

Hello

As I was starting to do missions for MP, I had the same problem.

I recommend checking Automan (that uses mist)

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116968

Just load the scripts and call your respawning group __RESPAWN__SuperGroupOfDeath or something like that

If you want to create your own script and not uses MIST or any other scripts, I can give you the 2 basic functions you need to clone a group

Hope this help

Edited by Mirknir

Mirknir

My old server:

The Thread