Uses of pougachev's cobra

WildBillKelsoe

It's AI, player would have just pulled up and gunned (and probably collided with) the flanker.

Yeah there is probably a very small window for a snapshot that doesn't end in collision, but the flanker should probably be dead before the eagle even got that close. Going left/right and over the top after during the flanker's recovery, probably safest solution.

Well, it's not that simple, you do have to know what you're doing. The cobra can be effective in a particular set of circumstances, and it is really abused right now that there are no aerodynamic/structural limitations to it as well (eg. 'S' and hard pull at 1000kph).

But in any case, under specific circumstances it will definitely be useful. You can find many examples of this in the online world.

Real-world with real limitations (for one, the switch is not on your HOTAS, and two, you're not allowed to use it - it is for emergencies), things change a bit.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

Perhaps, but I'd imagine straight climb could potentially put the eagle in the FOV for a helmet shot.

its hard. limit for HELMET is 45deg, regardless of 75deg FOV for archer.

“The people will believe what the media tells them they believe.” — George Orwell

I use "S" only when I want to increase the distance of the Eagle to over 1200m in "turn" fight, in order to reduce the speed with acquisition conditions for launch R-73 from more than 30deg. (can also to lead pursuit, and shoot). Increasing the distance is crucial for R-73.

Edited by Ragnarok

“The people will believe what the media tells them they believe.” — George Orwell

^Yeah, the Archer is a real PITA now too...

can we please use the original (Russian) designations and none of those silly NATO names? :P :beer:

It's AI, player would have just pulled up and gunned (and probably collided with) the flanker.

That's what I figured, but I've seen people pull such stupid s--t in my life that I rather asked.

Wrong :)

Use launch override (alt-W) to get full 60 degrees off-bore shots for R-73!

with HELMET or BVR mode?

[ame]

[/ame]
Edited by Ragnarok

If you have a dual trigger on hotas like me, You can make a second step to be "launch permission override" with this my changes, to be switched off "override" when you let go of the button. First step is of course "fire".

paste lua in Config/Input/Aircrafts

* if launched R-73 in BVR mode within the "phase blinking", you can guess with 75deg.

base_keyboard_binding.lua

• Like 1

I use "S" only when I want to increase the distance of the Eagle to over 1200m in "turn" fight, in order to reduce the speed with acquisition conditions for launch R-73 from more than 30deg. (can also to lead pursuit, and shoot). Increasing the distance is crucial for R-73.

Yeah, one of things I strive for when getting tangled up with a flanker, is staying inside rMin and make those 73s go to waste. That is the easy part though.

I use the override with helmet mode, I don't know about other modes..

But how was this shot on the video achieved? Isn't 60 degrees a hard limit on all sensors?

Probably in BVR mode while the launch is overriden , the sensor FOV is apparently much wider

I use the override with helmet mode, I don't know about other modes..

But how was this shot on the video achieved? Isn't 60 degrees a hard limit on all sensors?

its it's probably a bug. override in at the moment as in the picture:

Screen_151205_013958.thumb.jpg.30a4ee596dcbfa00581172ae070ebb4b.jpg

Edited by Ragnarok

Yeah, one of things I strive for when getting tangled up with a flanker, is staying inside rMin and make those 73s go to waste. That is the easy part though.

Heh, watch out for those Rmin 30mm snapshots...*looks at Stuge* :megalol:

:D

Lord of Salt

Heh, watch out for those Rmin 30mm snapshots...*looks at Stuge* :megalol:

:D

do you think it is easy with "S" and 300 km/h go to lead pursuit to Eagle for gun shoot when it moves relative fast (TRD about 500m) and distance from you (flanker) about 800m? This is the point of survival eagle. The issue of skills when and how to use the climbing to resolve the situation. In my opinion, in MP events, usually enough time to get outside help. The eagle has a chance against Flanker in WVR, but only in favorable starting conditions...

P.S. Stuge is very very good guns fighter! :)

• Like 1

Oh you can launch during the "blinking".. haha nice, didn't know that! Not very useful in combat unfortunately but still cool :)

only as a presentation of the possibilities for R-73