Cessna A-37 Dragonfly

Silky

The A-37 would be great. Real life I logged a couple of hours in the Tweet sim and the left seat of the actual aircraft. Also, I flew with enough TPS grads who spun the A-37 to know that it would be a fun ship to fly.

FWIW, they got plenty of combat hours in SEA and South America, surely something interesting could be done with the bird.

LOl "was promised" as Wags says "everything is subject to change.

The 101 is looking like it may happen but from the outside it appears at least that development has come to a crawl. The Hawk is TBD concerning MP multi crew but at least the EFM is on the horizon.

So it would take less time to develop a completely new trainer (potentially stunting aircraft like the Viggen and Tomcat) because other developers haven't finished their trainers fast enough? :lol:

Don't get me wrong, I love T-38s. My grandfather was a mechanic for the T-Birds and I've been all over T-38s and have quite the photo collection. However, LNS would be the last people I'd ask to make a T-38. Why? Because Belsimtek is doing the F-5E. I'm well aware that they're not the same aircraft but A LOT of system functionality and flight model data could be used, or adapted slightly if Belsimtek was to even make the thing. At that point though, what would be the harm in making a two seater F-5?

My Specs:

Win 10 Pro 64bit/ i7 6770K 4.5Ghz/32GB DDR4/ GTX 1070 SC/Samsung SSD

Warthog Stick/TWCS Throttle/TrackIR 5

• 1 year later...

Pure coaches are interesting, but have a more "limited"

Versions of combat-capable trainers have good marketing.

A version of the AO-37B would actually be very good, I'd particularly love it.

Commercially speaking, this aircraft had a good amount of operators, which could generate good profits for the developers.

T-38 would be great.

BUT AFTER we get: F-15E, F-18C, F-14A&B, Gripen, Typhoon, SU-27SM and some others.

Then DCS will be in need of trainers. For now there's more trainers than actual DCS modern jets.

but heatblur is developing none of those aforementioned modules ( or plans to) save for the current A +B Tomcats, and those are heavy WIP far into development. and not a recently started project.

and SU27Sm wont happen, as that was already cancelled long ago for reasons i really dont feel like repeating, and Wags has astated if any Su27 it would be the cold war era Su27S.

If the Interceptor version , the JA 37 viggen was still deemed classified to the devs, i doubt we would be getting a gripen which is a current service fighter unless they like VEO get a miL contract, and are allowed to make a consumer version of it.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

Rockwell OV-10 Bronco would do it for my wish list. but yeah the A-37 don't look bad.

HP G2 Reverb, Windows 10 VR settings: IPD is 64.5mm, High image quality, G2 reset to 60Hz refresh rate as standard. OpenXR user, Open XR tool kit disabled. Open XR was a massive upgrade for me.

DCS: Pixel Density 1.0, Forced IPD at 55 (perceived world size), 0 X MSAA, 0 X SSAA. My real IPD is 64.5mm. Prescription VROptition lenses installed. VR Driver system: I9-9900KS 5Ghz CPU. XI Hero motherboard and RTX 3090 graphics card, 64 gigs Ram, No OC at the mo. MT user  (2 - 5 fps gain). DCS run at 60Hz.

Vaicom user. Thrustmaster warthog user. MFG pedals with damper upgrade.... and what an upgrade! Total controls Apache MPDs set to virtual Reality height with brail enhancements to ensure 100% button activation in VR.. Simshaker Jet Pro vibration seat.. Uses data from DCS not sound.... you know when you are dropping into VRS with this bad boy.

Rockwell OV-10 Bronco would do it for my wish list. but yeah the A-37 don't look bad.

for me when it comes to post ww2 pistons, id like to see a AD6/A1H skyraider. That is a must have for nam, plus even earlier versions of the skyraider such as the AD4, were iconic to the Korean War as well. Its not a trainer, and a its a pretty nice Attack aircraft, rugged for its day, prefered by troops for it loiter time, and being better suited for CLose air support than fast movers for its day., and being also excellent for COIN operations. It still was capable of huge payloads. The Spiritual predecessor to the A10 in a way.

Also was in use by 3 service of the US armed forces, initally first, but the US Navy, MArine Corps. And eventually the US Air force ( acquired around vietnam war period), and also had export users too. which included Nato allies France, and even the UK.

DfXAElT.jpg

tumblr_inline_nmllhp6njN1t90ue7_1280.jpg

thing is the OV10 is still primarily a FAC with only very light attack capability :/, all in all the Skyraider offers far better attack capability whilst still being great adaptation for the COIN role.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

Case/Tower: Corsair Graphite 760tm ,Asus Strix Z790 Motherboard, Intel Core i7 12700k ,Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 64gb ram (3600 mhz) , (Asus strix oc edition) Nvidia RTX 3080 12gb , Evga g2 850 watt psu, Hardrives ; Samsung 970 EVo, , Samsung evo 860 pro 1 TB SSD, Samsung evo 850 pro 1TB SSD,  WD 1TB HDD

In fact both the Bronco, the Dragonfly and the Skyraider would be very interesting options. I would include the Trojan in this list as well.

But I believe that in order to be able to integrate, they should belong to the same period. In the Vietnam case.

In fact both the Bronco, the Dragonfly and the Skyraider would be very interesting options. I would include the Trojan in this list as well.

But I believe that in order to be able to integrate, they should belong to the same period. In the Vietnam case.

not this again. just because it's got the mig-21 in the name doesn't make the bis anywhere near the same thing as an f-13.

there's nothing to even start integrating for vietnam, don't even try the argument.

not this again. just because it's got the mig-21 in the name doesn't make the bis anywhere near the same thing as an f-13.

there's nothing to even start integrating for vietnam, don't even try the argument.

he never mentioned the mig21.... ( FYI the F13s weren't the only MIg21's. They also flew PF/PFM's as well as receiving some Mig21MF's late in the war)

give it a rest.

for quite a while dcs ww2 era aircraft were flown without a proper theatre. We dont need to have a Vietnam theater immediately to coincide with a potential module(s) release from that era. Similarly the Mig21BIs or F5E don't have any real life theaters yet, where they flew combat against one another.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

In reality, with the exception of the new WWII module, the DCs have no definite theater or period.

It is simply a standard base with randomly added aircraft.

In my point of view, this is very vague and meaningless.

At least if we add operational opponents, we could have a starting point.

And Probad, because so much hatred for the theater of vietnam .. I just mentioned aircraft that were operationally outstanding and I used vietnam as an example. It could be middle east, korea either ..

In reality, with the exception of the new WWII module, the DCs have no definite theater or period.

It is simply a standard base with randomly added aircraft.

In my point of view, this is very vague and meaningless.

At least if we add operational opponents, we could have a starting point.

And Probad, because so much hatred for the theater of vietnam .. I just mentioned aircraft that were operationally outstanding and I used vietnam as an example. It could be middle east, korea either ..

Well except maybe also Korean time period with the Mig15Bis and F86F. Though addmitely the Block 35 they chose to model is in fact not see service in Korea and IS post war production. ( especially up to

at least 3 years after if you take into consideration its post factory retrofit wired to carry the aim9b Sidewinders)

Buti guess the only vietnam era aircraft in DCS would be the UH1H huey

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

An OV-10D, D+/M maybe...as long as it gets a FLIR and RWR, I'd fly that a bit as a counter insurgency and AFAC aircraft. But as for adding yet another trainer, no. We don't need the A-37.

OV-10 is still seeing combat even today. Fighting militias in the Philippines.

An OV-10D, D+/M maybe...as long as it gets a FLIR and RWR, I'd fly that a bit as a counter insurgency and AFAC aircraft. But as for adding yet another trainer, no. We don't need the A-37.

OV-10 is still seeing combat even today. Fighting militias in the Philippines.

so what you want is another Super tucano then? Razbams (WIP) Super Tucano is far more Widespread in Light attack and COin, also offers FLir, a glass pit etc.

A37 is not just Another trainer ( the T-37 would be an actual trainer jet) . By that logic So is the Super Tucano "just" a mere trainer. It was very much a light attack/ coin jet. during the Vietnam It performed combat sorties.

But then again if you want Such modern technology, you already have much more rugged, more effective A10C thunderbolt to fly for 21st century. ( evnetually you will also have the ST from Razbam) the A10 has Also performed (s) COIN operations apart from Tank busting, or being used as a CAS platform. , if you look at recent Operation INherent Resolve over Syria for EG, or even former operations over Afghanistan or OIF campagin.

Edited by Kev2go

Build:

Windows 10 64 bit Pro

so what you want is another Super tucano then? Razbams (WIP) Super Tucano is far more Widespread in Light attack and COin, also offers FLir, a glass pit etc.

A37 is not just Another trainer ( the T-37 would be an actual trainer jet) . By that logic So is the Super Tucano "just" a mere trainer. It was very much a light attack/ coin jet. during the Vietnam It performed combat sorties.

But then again if you want Such modern technology, you already have much more rugged, more effective A10C thunderbolt to fly for 21st century. ( evnetually you will also have the ST from Razbam) the A10 has Also performed (s) COIN operations apart from Tank busting, or being used as a CAS platform. , if you look at recent Operation INherent Resolve over Syria for EG, or even former operations over Afghanistan or OIF campagin.

Yeah that is the main problem with my idea. Razbam is going to top it with a glass pitted, turbo-propped dank meme of a machine. :lol:

I just wished for a good Bronco for it's slightly (imo) greater weapons payload and pretty amazing STOL performance. But you're right...there is now no use for an OV-10 and to be honest the A-10C already did it in. :cry:

• 2 weeks later...

Nice job here!

I see you fixed the cockpit!

Is she ready?

Stratos going to release her?

She is awesome!

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

The job is complete.

It will be release if allowed by Stratos

Thank you!

Do you have plans to update the Bronco?

"Yeah, and though I work in the valley of Death, I will fear no Evil. For where there is one, there is always three. I preparest my aircraft to receive the Iron that will be delivered in the presence of my enemies. Thy ALCM and JDAM they comfort me. Power was given unto the aircrew to make peace upon the world by way of the sword. And when the call went out, Behold the "Sword of Stealth". And his name was Death. And Hell followed him. For the day of wrath has come and no mercy shall be given."

The job is complete.

It will be release if allowed by Stratos

Of course! Remember to name Eduardo Fadul as main 3d artist.

I'm also interested in seeing an update on the Bronco please.

Edited by Stratos

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!