Landing Gear won't retract

LtMacGowan

I'm starting the MiG 21 campaign and now 3 times in a row right after take off I'm trying to raise the landing gear and they won't retract up.

Im hitting RSHIFT+G to unlock the landing gear lock, then G and the handle goes up but the 3 green lights stay on and the gear don't raise. I've even tried raising the switch manually with the mouse and nothing. I can't figure out why it won't retract on take off.

How heavy are you taking off? At what speed? I am wondering if the gear is getting damaged on take off.

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

Have you tried binding a command on your joystick to unlock the gear. Or tried unlocking with the mouse in cockpit?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

I'm starting the MiG 21 campaign and now 3 times in a row right after take off I'm trying to raise the landing gear and they won't retract up.

Im hitting RSHIFT+G to unlock the landing gear lock, then G and the handle goes up but the 3 green lights stay on and the gear don't raise. I've even tried raising the switch manually with the mouse and nothing. I can't figure out why it won't retract on take off.

I have tried my DCS World 1.5 open beta. Not having the issue its not a bug have you tried a repair of DCS world?

harrier landing GIFRYZEN 7 3700X Running at 4.35 GHz

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080Ti

32gb DDR4 RAM @3200 MHz

Oculus CV1 NvME 970 EVO

TM Warthog Stick & Throttle plus 11" extension. VKB T-Rudder MKIV

Well in the mission I'm flying I'm carrying that Jammer pod, and 4 R-3R missiles, I did it 3 times. I taxi on to the runway, I hold down the brakes and push the throttle all the way forward to burner until i start rolling, then release the brakes, pull back on the stick 4/5ths of the way, and when i leave the runway climb at about 5m/s and then hit RSHIFT+G to unlock the gear level, and hit G, and nothing happens. 3 different times. All 3 green lights on the landing gear panel stay on, the Gear lever goes up and down but the gear won't raise. I've tried doing it with keyboard commands, joystick commands, and using the mouse. I must be doing something wrong or damaging the landing gear system.

In the training video they said to hold down the wheel brakes and push the throttle forward, am I not supposed to do this?

Also isnt there some kind of manual gear raising equipment?

Do you think its because im using the afterburner during take off instead of just full military power? and I'm not scrapping the rear end of the tail when i take off either. I have successfully taken off before but this is a bug that just keeps popping up and its getting annoying.

What is your speed at take off?

If you overspeed, you can damage your gear by that.

System specs:

Gigabyte Aorus Master, i7 9700K@std, GTX 1080TI OC, 32 GB 3000 MHz RAM, NVMe M.2 SSD, Oculus Quest VR (2x1600x1440)

Warthog HOTAS w/150mm extension, Slaw pedals, Gametrix Jetseat, TrackIR for monitor use

I was thinking about gear jamming at some excessive speed (don't remember what the speed limit for gear operation is), but if You try to raise it immediately after lift-off, that shouldn't be a problem.

This might be a bug. Will try Your loadout config and see what happens.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Bingo, looks like Sokol found the answer. Just tried McGowan's loadout config and in realistic mode landing gear worked flawlessly, but in game flight mode it didn't work at all.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.