Dynamic Campaign Engine

MBot

Whats that, the Nevada map? I only have the F-5E

Well, that explains it! :D

Both, the Desert Tiger campaign, as well as the Cordovia vs Dreamland campaign require the Nevada map. ;)

That's why you can't open the mission files, because you're missing the map they are made on.

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

I'm having an issue with the Hornet adaption of the Mirage NTTR campaign here.

First, I notice that AI wingman logic appears to be awful. I'm flying in a four ship with a friend as my 2, and 3 and 4 are AI. By the end of the mission 3 and 4 tend to just roll over and spike themselves into the ground, when myself and my wingman stayed at high altitude the whole time. This results in much higher loss rates than I would like.

Anybody know of a way to fix this?

I'm having an issue with the Hornet adaption of the Mirage NTTR campaign here.

First, I notice that AI wingman logic appears to be awful. I'm flying in a four ship with a friend as my 2, and 3 and 4 are AI. By the end of the mission 3 and 4 tend to just roll over and spike themselves into the ground, when myself and my wingman stayed at high altitude the whole time. This results in much higher loss rates than I would like.

Anybody know of a way to fix this?

Invite 2 more friends? :megalol:

The AI is very limited as is, they do weird and stupid things and will not fire when you need help, but kill when you dont want them to. And yes, they seem super capable to make near perfect scripted landings, vut will not see a 3000m mountain in daylight. I use them more as cannon fodder, see them as an aid to carry more of an initial punch, but keep my expectations low and know they will probably not make it back. And when they call bingo fuel, they should actually say Im punching out instead. Hopefully some improvements will come one day.

Guys, I implemented a small change trying to fix the AI not attacking targets in Desert Tiger 76. I suspect this issue is also present in other DCE campaigns, though I haven't tried. You might be interested in having a look. The more people gives ideas about how to better solve this issue the better!

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

I wonder what the problem with AI not attacking in certain campaign is in the first place. I have recently started a through review of DCE (on a fresh test template) and all attacks against various type of targets work as expected.

I wonder what the problem with AI not attacking in certain campaign is in the first place. I have recently started a through review of DCE (on a fresh test template) and all attacks against various type of targets work as expected.

Do you think that for some reason the map objects around certain areas are not "found" by the AI? I mean: a bomb task will just bomb the coordinates, no matter what's there, so it always works. A map object attack order will bomb the closest object found. Maybe it has to do with objects not being there during the mission creation but added later? Thinking about it from a development perspective, I can imagine the get object somehow returning nothing and so the AI has nothing to attack.

No idea why though...

Really glad to hear you are working on a review! :thumbup:

DCS Rosetta, my automatic DCS mission and campaign translator: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=233877

Do you think that for some reason the map objects around certain areas are not "found" by the AI? I mean: a bomb task will just bomb the coordinates, no matter what's there, so it always works. A map object attack order will bomb the closest object found. Maybe it has to do with objects not being there during the mission creation but added later? Thinking about it from a development perspective, I can imagine the get object somehow returning nothing and so the AI has nothing to attack.

No idea why though...

Really glad to hear you are working on a review! :thumbup:

Some map objects can't be destroyed anymore. Playing the Desert Tiger campaign again recently, the map objects at Creech can be bombed and won't register as destroyed nor will the AI attack them so I think the problems are related. Other map objects are counted when you bomb them and your AI wingmen will attack them.

Some map objects can't be destroyed anymore. Playing the Desert Tiger campaign again recently, the map objects at Creech can be bombed and won't register as destroyed nor will the AI attack them so I think the problems are related. Other map objects are counted when you bomb them and your AI wingmen will attack them.

Interesting! It'd be good to know if it's related with the map or the type of object... maybe I will try to do some more testing when I have the time

In my persian gulf campaign I had similar problems, but it turned out that it depended on who was bombing, because I always flew the campaign in coop multiplayer and bombng damage to static infrastructure was only registered if it was the host who bombed it. You haven't played the campaign in multiplayer, did you?

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

Tornado3 small.jpg

We were in coop, sometimes with three players and one AI. The AI would not bomb the fuel tanks and ammo storage at Creech, nor would they be considered destroyed at the end of the mission if a player hit them.

Other targets, like Lincoln airport, the AI would attack and if a player hit a target it would count as destroyed.

Other targets, like Lincoln airport, the AI would attack and if a player hit a target it would count as destroyed.

What kind of target? Units as targets work fine, but scenic targets (e.g. fuel and ammo bunkers or all other buildings that are part of the map) are only beeing registered as destroyed if they got destroyed by the host or AI aircraft. If they get destroyed by clients, then they won't count as destroyed within the DCE.

Tornado3 small.jpg

Like I said, we are talking about the map objects that have been identified as targets only.

I run the coop on my server so the "host" is not flying or hitting targets. None of the targets at Creech are counted as destroyed. All but one of the targets at Lincoln are counted as destroyed. All are map objects, none are units.

Like I said, we are talking about the map objects that have been identified as targets only.

I run the coop on my server so the "host" is not flying or hitting targets. None of the targets at Creech are counted as destroyed. All but one of the targets at Lincoln are counted as destroyed. All are map objects, none are units.

Interesting, thanks. Now I wonder why that is as it is :huh:

Tornado3 small.jpg

Hello everyone. I am attempting to get the DesertWarthogV4 to work but each time I quit the mission I get this error.

[string

"C:\Users\Dylan\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis0000116a"]:124: attempt to index local 'logFile' (a nil value)

stack traceback:

[C]: ?

[string

"C:\Users\Dylan\AppData\Local\Temp\DCS\/~mis0000116a"]:124: in function 'onEvent'

[string "Scripts/World/EventHandlers.lau"]:13: in function <[string " Scripts/World/EventsHandlers.lau"]:11>

No idea how to fix it and I really would like to play it. Any help is appreciated.

Hey,

is there a way to get this thing hosted on a server without having the module (in my case the Hornet) installed on this client dont seem to work because there is no mission Folder for this module.

i`ve already tried to create just the Folder withe its path but dont works either

First of all thank you to EVERYONE involved in any form of dynamic campaign. For me personally the lack of campaign is the one thing that REALLY lets DCS down. Oh for a Falcon campaign. I would even love a system like the old f-16 Combat Pilot....... 151320-f-16-combat-pilot-amiga-screenshot-the-tac-mapping-computer.png

But now's not the time to visit that old chestnut.........

Saving campaign progress. Nevada FA-18

Got a few problems.

After flying, I'm thinking I type "y" in the DOS box, wait (forever) then close it.

Then accept mission in the DCS screen.

Seems fine so far. It shows damage to enemy (ewr 0%) etc.

Now, sometimes it doesn't create a mission for me.

There's only AWACS and tanker flying.

Okay - so I use skip mission.bat.

When that eventually works (as sometimes the same mission comes up) ALL enemy stats go back to 100% Is this normal?

The Mig23 numbers are correct (showing a reduced number to show their attrition) but ALL ewr radars, airbase infrastructure, artillery is back to 100%

What am I doing wrong?

I'm getting a little bored of flying :pilotfly: the same CAS and Ground attack missions against the airbase and the radar site to the west.

Thanks for any help.

Edited by MrReynolds

Saving campaign progress. Nevada FA-18

Got a few problems.

After flying, I'm thinking I type "y" in the DOS box, wait (forever) then close it.

I suppose you closed this box after a mission was generated (even if you have to wait a long time) ?

Then accept mission in the DCS screen.

Seems fine so far. It shows damage to enemy (ewr 0%) etc.

Is the nomal DCS campaign "active" with the good number of missions done ?

Now, sometimes it doesn't create a mission for me.

There's only AWACS and tanker flying.

You mean that the next mission you played was without a plane for you ?

[/url]All known Dynamic Campaign Engine Campaigns

Last DCE news : Crisis in PG - Blue version