Rudder Pedels??

bC3660

If you want the best, you'd be looking at the SLAW F-16 all metal pedals.

cd02fa432e14f448e535b00e8ce75090_zps9be3cd67.jpg

The VBK pedals are pretty good too, but they don't have toe brakes (which isn't a big deal since you use the brakes minimally in the A-10C, mostly for take off to rev up the engines, and then for landing).

The MFG crosswinds I hear are nice and smooth too, but I don't like WW2 style pedals where you have to put your entire foot into pedals. (gives me sore knees personally)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

Slaw F16 pedals are almost twice as much as Crosswinds and I doubt very much they are twice as good. Also, Milan said he may have an f16 style add-on in the future

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

Got the Crosswinds, love them.

Milan is a great guy, quick to respond to inquiries, provides great after-sales support by updating the firmware every now and then, and simply delivers top-notch quality. If mine broke or were stolen or whatever, I'd order a new set right away. :thumbup:

The Slaw pedals look cool, but one thing I particularly like about the Crosswinds is that the whole feet rest on them, unlike the F-16 style Slaw pedals that require a bit of a different setup. Of course, people's preferences are different, but the Crosswinds cater to my preferences. :)

And as was mentioned, Milan announced plans to also offer F-16 style footrests in the future, which would be absolutely no problem at all, since the Crosswinds are very flexible (as in: configurable) by design.

I have the MFG Crosswinds as well and I highly recommend them. I only need to keep my feet on the entire pedal for those times that brakes are needed. Generally I rest my foot on the floor and use my toes. I will buy the F16 add on when they are available.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

Meh, I got the combat pedals from Saitek. Work great and don't need them much except toe brakes.

for some logiteck3d joystick is sufficient - it is undeniably better then keyboard to fly with (and i used myself it for quite few years). yet i would think the TMWH is on most virtiual pilot's wishlists if not already owned despite quite steeper price premium. same with pedals. if you want improvement and can afford then why not improve?

Anton.

My pit build thread .

Simple and cheap UFC project

Just checked the price on the MFG Crosswind. $321.00 US Dollars with shipping.

And I was quoted $600.00 shipped for Slaw F16 pedals. It was a no brainer for me. I love my MFG Crosswind.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I would probably buy the Crosswinds except for the entire-foot-on-the-pedal thing. Hopefully he does come out with a new pedal design that puts the heels on the floor (except for braking). Everything I've ever flown in real life had heels on the floor, and putting my entire foot on the pedal just feels unnatural to me.

I've been trying to find some Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals to hold me over, but I can't find them in stock anywhere.

If you want the best, you'd be looking at the SLAW F-16 all metal pedals.

cd02fa432e14f448e535b00e8ce75090_zps9be3cd67.jpg

The VBK pedals are pretty good too, but they don't have toe brakes (which isn't a big deal since you use the brakes minimally in the A-10C, mostly for take off to rev up the engines, and then for landing).

The MFG crosswinds I hear are nice and smooth too, but I don't like WW2 style pedals where you have to put your entire foot into pedals. (gives me sore knees personally)

Man that's a reaalllly nice rudder pedal. Damn, might have to ditch my Saitek Combat Pedals for that SLAW to compliment my TM Warthog setup. Thanks for posting.

I like the Saitek CB rudder pedal but it has a bit too much sticktion and stiffness in the pedal movement, and don't like the auto center. None-the-less a very good pedal for the money - have had mine for about a year now without any issues with the setup.

Good day!

DrDetroit

I have the MFG Crosswind. Love them to death. You can disable centering by clipping off the spring in 2 seconds for Helo operations. Fully adjustable. Cannot recommend them enough.

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

I have the MFG Crosswind. Love them to death. You can disable centering by clipping off the spring in 2 seconds for Helo operations. Fully adjustable. Cannot recommend them enough.

If you remove the spring, would you have any resistance to push against? or are the pedals loose?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

If you remove the spring, would you have any resistance to push against? or are the pedals loose?

They would not have a return to center, but I think you could make your own cam profile to make some holding capacity. I don't use them with any form of lock when flying Helo flight. Godsend in the Huey and Mi-8, Shark not so much, due to stability augmentation or Autopilot.

Anything with a Rotary Wing is fun and challenging.

Use SRS radio.

Saitek X55 Modding

System Specs

Mixed Metals: i7 4790K@4.6, 32GB Kingston HyperX ram@2400Mhz, Gigabyte GA-Z97MX Gaming 5, ASUS Vega 64, 3xSamsung SSD drives, FSP Aurum 1000W PSU, Custom watercooling with EK blocks, Vive, Virpil MT 50, X55 throttle.

I am using my pedals from the fanatec porsche wheel set and it is absolutly sufficient. The middle pedale is used for braking, so I have all I need for flying, taxing, takeoff.

But I agree, w/o the pedals it doesn't make that realistic fun and you really need rudder for takeoff. :)

________________________ ________ ______ ___ __ _

Win10 64 Pro, i7-6800K 3.4Ghz, 32 GB (DDR4), Asus Aorus 1080 TI WF, TrackIR 5 / RIFT, Thrustmaster Warthog, Fanatec Pedals, 55" oled 4k TV, Modules:A10C, KA-50, Huey, AV-8B, FA-18, F-16, NTTR, Persian Gulf

_ __ ___ ____ _____ ______ _______ ____________

for some logiteck3d joystick is sufficient - it is undeniably better then keyboard to fly with (and i used myself it for quite few years). yet i would think the TMWH is on most virtiual pilot's wishlists if not already owned despite quite steeper price premium. same with pedals. if you want improvement and can afford then why not improve?

I have to respectfully disagree in part while also agreeing! :megalol: I think it is absolutely about personal preference and getting the best that you can/want. However, pedals are in my opinion vastly different than HOTAS controls. There are so many controls that need to be handled by your hands that I couldn't fly DCS at all without them. Because of this it stands to reason that the better HOTAS controls you can get the better time you'll have and the easier you'll find it. I do not feel the same about pedals. I wanted decent pedals with toe brakes. End of story. If they are somewhat comfortable and or easy to use then so be it. Since the only function they fulfill for me is rudder control (most of the time I don't bother), ground steering and braking (and I did require differential braking capability) then I don't need to spend boat loads of money on higher quality controls.

Having said that, one of these days when I own my own shooting range on my own large acreage, have all the guns I want, and have 4 nice PCs all with Thrustmaster Warthog controls so me and my friends can all fly DCS, and I wind up with a few hundred bucks burning a hole in my pocket, I'll probably by some sweet pedals just so I can have better controls than my friends.

http://www.youtube.com/user/311Gryphon

i7-8700, 32 GB DDR4 3000, GTX 1080 TI 11GB, 240 GB SSD, 2TB HDD, Dual (sometimes Triple) monitor, TM Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Combat Pedals, TrackIR

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I own Crosswinds. If you have the money just get them, they are worth every penny. They are meticulously engineered, manufactured and tested, and if you research I doubt you will see where anyone who owns them is unsatisfied. Milan is just a good guy who had a passion to design and build the best rudders that he could and we are Blessed that he decided to market them and give us a chance to use them. No regrets here, I am well pleased with what he sold me.

S!Blade<><:smilewink:

I have the Saitek pedals and they are pretty good IMHO. I think they are the best of the rest, so to speak. They have your complete foot sat in them but have never found that an issue, tiredness, knee ache etc. Also the centring is adjustable and on the lowest setting is really light making it ideal for helo flying.

Best of all they're fairly cheap second hand,

...Guy

Edit, did I mention they have toe brakes as well?

Helicopters!! Never trust anything that screws itself into the air!

• 2 weeks later...