New Installer painfully slow

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went from 10MB/S to 40KB/s.

Kinda hard to update with that speed.

Same here.

After the updater kept crashing on me recently, I was actually hoping it might work better this time. It took me since last night to download ~1,8gb of the total 3,3gb. Now I´m trying the http-method again, sigh.. We´ll see.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Deedle, deedle!

Downloading as I type this. HTTP is much faster then torrenting right now.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Lian Li 011 Dynamic Evo, Core i9 11900K @ 5.0GHz, Corsair H150i CPU cooler, Asus Prime Z590-A, Radeon RX6800 XT64GB, Team T-Force Delta DDR4 3600, Corsair RM1000X PSU,  Win 11 x64

I canceled the update, then canceled again when it went to http as i needed to check something in the game. Once i restarted the game again the update wouldnt start again? I even went to the updater .exe and still nothing? Anyone know whats happened? Ta!

It only checks again after a certain amount of time has passed, if you are merely clicking on the EXE or starting the sim. Not sure how long. You can force an update by following the instructions in the stickie addressing it in DCS World forum: Using DCS Updater.

YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCU1...CR6IZ7crfdZxDg

_____

Win 10 Pro x64, ASUS Z97 Pro MoBo, Intel i7-4790K, EVGA GTX 970 4GB, HyperX Savage 32GB, Samsung 850 EVO 250 GB SSD, 2x Seagate Hybrid Drive 2TB Raid 0.

It only checks again after a certain amount of time has passed, if you are merely clicking on the EXE or starting the sim. Not sure how long.

24 hours

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

My download has been running for around 24 hours. The last 20-30Mb's are not there. Considering peers is bouncing between 20-30 and I have seen my bittorrent connect up to 120 connections for one seed, I'd say the master is non-accessible. At this rate it might be done tomorrow if it can find the seed.

• ED Team

c0ff's words and advice

updater 2.6.3.26 is out: supports so-called 'web-seeding' - if it can't find data among the peers it will download pieces from http, so it should be best of both worlds.

still, pressing cancel on torrents asks to go old-school http which may be better or worse depending on the current conditions.

to use new updater you should completely cancel current update process and start again from the 'Update DCS World' menu entry.

If you are already using 2.6.3.26, click cancel and it should then use HTTP

• Like 1

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

c0ff's words and advice

If you are already using 2.6.3.26, click cancel and it should then use HTTP

Thank you very much :thumbup:

Completely restarts the update and speed got up to 0.6 Mb/s from available 6 MB/s

Better than nothing :)

Download speeds are terrible

I started downloading this patch 4 hours ago and it's still downloading. I'm on a 200GB with a fibre optic cable connection and normally download a HD movie in minutes. With the Nevada map so close to release, I'm worried its going to take me weeks to download that if a patch takes this long.

This just ain't gonna work:

Capture_zps74dvbo6o.png

Six hours running total, been at the last little bit for couple hours now.

How is this going to seed... when you get the last you exit right away? The last little bit will always take forever with this method.

Edited by Cdr84

This just ain't gonna work:

Capture_zps74dvbo6o.png

Six hours running total, been at the last little bit for couple hours now.

How is this going to seed... when you get the last you exit right away? The last little bit will always take forever with this method.

I hit the cancel button just now and it downloaded and updated in just a couple minutes.

So fast I didn't even get time to upload the image.

Just do that :thumbup:

Cdr

cancelled mine

then went from 0.35MB to 1.8MB

| VR goggles | Autopilot panel | Headtracker | TM HOTAS | G920 HOTAS | MS FFB 2 | Throttle Quadrants | 8600K | GTX 1080 | 64GB RAM| Win 10 x64 | Voicerecognition | 50" UHD TV monitor | 40" 1080p TV monitor | 2x 24" 1080p side monitors | 24" 1080p touchscreen |

• ED Team

Thank you for the reports, guys.

We have to do some changes to the torrents, because it seems like only update downloads tend to stall. Installing full modules works blazingly fast.

I've temporarily disabled the torrents until we rework things a bit.

Dmitry S. Baikov @ Eagle Dynamics

LockOn FC2 Soundtrack Remastered out NOW everywhere - https://band.link/LockOnFC2.

It only checks again after a certain amount of time has passed, if you are merely clicking on the EXE or starting the sim. Not sure how long. You can force an update by following the instructions in the stickie addressing it in DCS World forum: Using DCS Updater.

Yep forcing the update worked thank you! The instructions were quite easy to follow too. Also seemed to be quite fast from me (parts of Australia has the worst internet in the world) I got a constant 163kb/s

Another thing i noticed was it didn't torrent the update... kinda seems like a direct download using this method?

If people are pulling out their hair, maybe try the force update method?

Thanks for the tips ironhand, thats very kind.

My Files.....

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]