question about AIM-120...

I have red in lock on manual

" Active Radar Homing (ARH). Active systems have their own radar seekers built into the missile. (R-77, AIM-120, AIM-54) " ........:book:

own radar seeker means -"radar"? like our jets have ( mig-29, su-27,33, F-15) ??????

if not, what is RADAR SEEKER???:helpsmilie:

thank you for reply

All radar homing missiles have radar recivers. It's just that passive ones don't have a radar transmitter. They need the aircraft's radar to illuminate the target all the way to impact. That means that you have to keep target locked up to the point it hits the target or you are sure that it missed. Active ones have their own transmitter and when they get in it's range they turun it on and guide them selves. Up to this point they also need to be guided by the attacking aircraft (if you're not close to target, you can't brake lock just after you fire if you want it to have any chance of hitting something).

This is just a basic explanation. To fully understand how to best use them, just search these forums.

Never forget that World War III was not Cold for most of us.

The missile projects radar beams and reads the return from it's own radar beams. Once fired, it is autonomous. The pilot who fired an ARH missile may proceed with whatever steps he sees best, without having to guide the missile to it's target.

Is there any chance to identify the craft you are locked in Boresight/Vertical Scan? I mean F15 has no limitation to shot friend`s plane.

If you're lazy, ask the AWACS/GCI to ID him. Otherwise, use the Mk 1 Eyeball.

If you're lazy, ask the AWACS/GCI to ID him. Otherwise, use the Mk 1 Eyeball.

:) I mean when you locked the target automatically and you have no time to identify it by Eyeball:) you just have to shoot. How can I ID it on my VSD?

Is the NCTR system limited to only certain modes?

It is right only for russian crafts. If you lock friend`s plane there will be no "ПР" on HUD so you can`t hit him. It is right as for RWS/TWS as for VS/ Boresight

It is right only for russian crafts. If you lock friend`s plane there will be no "ПР" on HUD so you can`t hit him. It is right as for RWS/TWS as for VS/ Boresight

Thats called IFF. NCTR is different and IDs aircraft by type and model. No Russian jets have NCTR.

• Like 1

Yes, NCTR is limited on the F-15C. It's limited to STT, I think there is an altitude difference limit and it has to be head on aspect and within 40 miles. IIRC

There you go- that's what I meant. I was eliminating NCTR as a possible IFF tool when in closer combat situations. Not true IFF- but- if you know there are no 29's on your side- blammo...

There is no way to IFF in the LockOn F-15 under any of the auto lock modes (Boresight, Verticle, etc...). You also cannot IFF when your target is locked. So if you lock someone, and you are unsure if he is friend or foe, you have to unlock, scan him in RWS or TWS, see the little rectangle.. and relock. PITA!

The only way to IFF while flying the F-15 is in RWS or TWS mode and scan him to see a rectangle.

The Russian birds are able to IFF when target is locked.. and/or boresight.. etc

From what i understand, the real F-15 puts a a big X on the lock box if he is friendly. Hopefully ED fixes this in Blackshark.

Hey GG.. LTNS :)

Do you know if they fixed this? Can you say? lol

:pilotfly:

Edit: Let me also add.. there is an indirect way to IFF a target afte its locked, if you are clever. By process of elimination, you can check what your enemy team is flying. Once you lock a target, you will get target type on bottom center of VDS. So if you see a MiG-29 there, and you have no MiGs on your team.. fire away and blast that sucker to mars!

Unfortunately.. there is alot of mix and match with planes among red and blue, so you gotta be careul with that one. I always try to know where my teammate migs/su's are. This way if i need to use boresight.. im good to go. Its all SA...

hope this helps..

I don't think ED will be doing anything with the fighters until teh fighter project - that's the impression I get anyway.

The Ka-50 has been taking up all dev and test time; it's quite complex.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

From what i understand' date=' the real F-15 puts a a big X on the lock box if he is friendly. Hopefully ED fixes this in Blackshark. [/quote']

I'm pretty sure I saw this in the Black shark video. Could easily be a feature exclusive to the KA, of course- doesn't mean anything was fixed.

I don't think ED will be doing anything with the fighters until teh fighter project - that's the impression I get anyway.

The Ka-50 has been taking up all dev and test time; it's quite complex.

Note even on the weapon side? I'm paraying for some improvements over radar missiles. Also placing an X on the hud when you lock a friend with the eagle i think that wouldn't be very time expensive and would be a great imrovement.

Bye!

I'm pretty sure I saw this in the Black shark video. Could easily be a feature exclusive to the KA, of course- doesn't mean anything was fixed.

The graphic for the F-15 HUD X is already there, but not tied into any type of IFF. It only seems to pop up when distance to target is less than Rmin.

• Like 1

^^^^ Imminent collision in pressent course.

[sigpic]http://forums.eagle.ru/signaturepics/sigpic4448_29.gif[/sigpic]

My PC specs below:

Case: Corsair 400C

PSU: SEASONIC SS-760XP2 760W Platinum

CPU: AMD RYZEN 3900X (12C/24T)

RAM: 32 GB 4266Mhz (two 2x8 kits) of trident Z RGB @3600Mhz CL 14 CR=1T

MOBO: ASUS CROSSHAIR HERO VI AM4

GFX: GTX 1080Ti MSI Gaming X

Cooler: NXZT Kraken X62 280mm AIO

Storage: Samsung 960 EVO 1TB M.2+6GB WD 6Gb red

HOTAS: Thrustmaster Warthog + CH pro pedals

Monitor: Gigabyte AORUS AD27QD Freesync HDR400 1440P

Note even on the weapon side? I'm paraying for some improvements over radar missiles. Also placing an X on the hud when you lock a friend with the eagle i think that wouldn't be very time expensive and would be a great imrovement.

Bye!

The 15 is getting a new AMRAAM, but in general, no. I'm pretty sure they'll be handled in more detail in the fighter project.

Tank Killers will bring (or should bring) WAFM to all weapons, but seekers I think will be left alone.

And as i said, I don't think they're touching the avionics.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda