Airstrips in Black Shark

Could ED implement in BS options to set an aircraft in any place on the map? Then we could create missions with take-offs from roads - something similar to Polish or Swedish tactics of using special prepared airstrips. Also good thing could be possibility to reload and refuel on it. Ofcourse not every road in LO I have in mind but some kind of idea with opportunity to make such a place in mission editor (APU, fuel tankers and other gear) would be fine.

Ps;

Thanks Poko24 (translate) :beer:

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

There will be FARP units for BS so this can be done with the Ka-50, whether or not they work with the Su-25 & Su-25T - don't know.

(See the screenshot section for LOBS at lockon.ru)

A work around is to populate a bit of road with the appropriate units, then start missions with the player spawning lined up with the road (& a bit before the units so you get a flypast), the minimum distance off the ground (50m I think), & at about 350km/h, then make them land on the same strip of road at the end & stop by the units.

(spawn them at 250km/h & they'll have to actually do something to fly away from the start or end up back on the ground - start them off excited :-)

Cheers.

Thanks Poko24 (translate) :beer:

You're welcome Kusch!

There was some additional campaign in Flanker 2.5 where You could fly MiG-29 from airstrips. Even now sim allows you to land on a road, so why not. Probably there is a possibility to make such a patch in 1.12a...

Flanker 2.5

Yes, remember Ironhand track (land on road, APU, reload weapon, refuel, etc.) :thumbup: But in old Flanker no possibility of beginning mission from airplane on road (create in Mission Editor)

Give me "flying telephone pole" (SA-2)!

As far I remember you can do it in such'a way. That mission in Flanker used the same trick.

After you created mission and placed all units in, you takeoff and land on that airstrip you set up and taxi to correct position, and you SAVE the mission.

That's it. You release save game as a mission file. You can always rename its extension I guess.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

As far I remember you can do it in such'a way. That mission in Flanker used the same trick.

After you created mission and placed all units in, you takeoff and land on that airstrip you set up and taxi to correct position, and you SAVE the mission.

That's it. You release save game as a mission file. You can always rename its extension I guess.

Good thinking. I'll check it and post tomorrow.