3Screen with Bezel Correction solutions

klem

Following the latest update to 1.5.1.47285 I have been able to get 3Screens and Bezel Correction (BC) working. It works both offline and online.My screens resolutions including BC are:

1920 + 65 + 1920 + 75 + 1920 plus screen 4 at 1920. All are 1080 high. Total in-game resolution 7820x1080. Your monitors/BCs may be different but hopefully the following will still apply.

The first three are set up as Surround in Nvidia CP with those BCs (they are different due to different shaped side bezels on left and right). Total Surround res 5900.

EDIT!!

I have removed much of what I said in this OP as it turned out I was pixel-chasing and 'KirkaFordis Rex' post #23 below was a more elegant solution which I have adapted to my monitor setup'. Screenshot attached

Here is my monitor setup for 3 screens over a lower, central, cockpit instrument panel.

_ = function(p) return p; end;

name = _('3 Screens Over Instruments';

Description = 'Configuration for 3 Screens over central cockpit Instruments'

mybezelscreen = 5900

bezel = (mybezelscreen -(1920 * 3) )/2

Viewports =

{

Left =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = mybezelscreen / 3;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = -1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = mybezelscreen / 3 / screen.height

--aspect = screen.aspect / 3;

},

Center =

{

x = mybezelscreen / 3;

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

},

Right =

{

x = mybezelscreen * 2 / 3;

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 1;

viewDy = 0;

},

Bottom =

{

x = mybezelscreen +1;

y = 0;

width = 1920 + bezel/2;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0.0;

viewDy = -0.99;

aspect = 1.777777777777;

}

}

GUI =

{

x = 1920 + bezel;

y = 0;

width = 1920 + bezel/3 ;

height = 1080;

}

UIMainView = GUI

Thanks again to KirkaFordis Rex

Screen_151205_231845.thumb.jpg.846ecfdb577666fc583f2fd73aa5dc6b.jpg

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Deleted - see post above

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

ASUS ROG Strix Z390-F mobo, i7 8086A @ 5.0 GHz with Corsair H115i watercooling, Gigabyte 2080Ti GAMING OC 11Gb GPU , 32Gb DDR4 RAM, 500Gb and 256Gb SSD SATA III 6Gb/s + 2TB , Pimax 8k Plus VR, TM Warthog Throttle, TM F18 Grip on Virpil WarBRD base, Windows 10 Home 64bit

Are you running 4 in a line or T config? 4 in a line is unusual? was trying to do the maths lol.

weeb

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Are you running 4 in a line or T config? 4 in a line is unusual? was trying to do the maths lol.

weeb

I am running 4 in a line because I think T shaped calls for overall resolution 5900 x 2160 = 12.744 MPixels while 7820 x 1080 calls for 8.4456 MPixels, much lower load on the GPU.

As I understand it, to get T shaped result you have to declare 5900x2160 to DCS in the Setup and then your MonitorSetup.lua picks out the parts of that image that you specify for left, centre, right, bottom. With 4 in a line you declare 7820 x 1080 to DCS in setup.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

Yeah spot on Klem, I just wasn't sure as 4 in a row is unusual and that is why I asked m8.

weeb

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Im feeling stupid again. I have no idea if this will work for me or where to put it.

In the options im running 1screen and the resolution is 5780x1080. If you can help me, can you write it as if I know absolutely nothing! (True btw)

I heard from another poster that it isn't possible to get the GUI on the centre screen?

...Guy

Helicopters!! Never trust anything that screws itself into the air!

Im feeling stupid again. I have no idea if this will work for me or where to put it.

In the options im running 1screen and the resolution is 5780x1080. If you can help me, can you write it as if I know absolutely nothing! (True btw)

I heard from another poster that it isn't possible to get the GUI on the centre screen?

...Guy

Guy, take a deep breath....

First if all, 5780 x 1080 suggests you may really be using three 1920x1080 screens in Surround which without bezel-correction would mean a typo and actually be 5760x1080. If that is correct you only need select "1 Screen" or "3 Screens" in-game and I don't think you need to read any further.

However, if you really meant 5780x1080 and are therefore using bezel-correction (BC) read on...

Depending on what you want to achieve, you may need to make your own monitor setup definition. How to do this?....

The screen options are kept in the folder C\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup\

There you will see the options you can select in-game: 1Camera.lua (1 Screen). 3Cameras.lua (3 Screen) etc..

Now a pause.... to read these files and make your own or to edit one you need to get Notepad++ because the default Windows Notepad does not save the files properly. Don't let the idea of doing this put you off, it's just another editor. You can download Notepad++ from here:

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.8.6.html

Click on Download under the brown parcel. Wherever you save it just double click and install it. It will probably install to:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\

OK, now right click on, say, 1Camera.lua and select "Open with", choose "Select default program" and if you don't see Notepad++ listed go and find it, again probably at:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Notepad++\notepad++.exe"

When the lua file opens look at the top of the file, second line down, and you will see:

name = _('1 Screen');

This is just to let you know how the monitor selections are identified when you are making your in-game selection, in this case "1 Screen". Close that file without editing/saving it.

I'm not clear what you want to achieve but lets say you are using "3 Screens" and do you have bezel-correction. You may find strange vertical strips at the right hand edge of one or more screens. This is due to the BC and DCS no longer managing the 3 screens the way it used to. In that case you need a new lua file. So...

Copy one of the existing lua files and rename it, say copy "3Cameras.lua" to "3Camera_BC.lua", and change "name = ...." inside the file, just give it your own description, maybe '3 screens with bezel-correction'

To set up the monitors correctly try the method I describe in my first post for positioning (x = ...) and setting width (width = ...) for each screen. Note how the bezel-correction values are manipulated.

Also, if you are using BC (1 or 3 screens) the GUI may run off of the left and right edges of the centre screen into those hidden bezel-correction pixels. This is where my second post comes in as you can re-position and resize the width of the GUI. To do this follow my suggestions regarding replacing the standard GUI line and set the "x=..." and "width =..." values in my second post, again noting how the BC values are manipulated.

I know this is a long read and you may have run off screaming half way through but if you got this far and are in doubt, re-read this carefully and use my first two posts to try to understand what I have said here.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

Hi Klem,

Thank you for your patience. You are right, I am running 5760x1080. It s on 1screen in the DCS options but this still puts all the written info and the comms menu and the cargo camera all off on the right hand screen, making it extremely unhelpful.

If you can help with a fix I will love you forever

AddEmoticons04225.gif

...Guy

Hi Klem,

Thank you for your patience. You are right, I am running 5760x1080. It s on 1screen in the DCS options but this still puts all the written info and the comms menu and the cargo camera all off on the right hand screen, making it extremely unhelpful.

If you can help with a fix I will love you forever

AddEmoticons04225.gif

...Guy

errrmmmm... riight... I'll pass on the love, I've got plenty of that.

Save the attached to your folder:

C\Program Files\Eagle Dynamics\DCS World OpenBeta\Config\MonitorSetup\

Start DCS and select a new monitor setup, the one named

"1 Screen Centre GUI"

See if that helps.

1Camera_Centre_GUI.lua

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

Klem, I tried that. Added it all correctly. Clicked OK and when the screen restarted the opening screen was 1/3rd the size on the centre screen only with the outer 2 black?

WT actual F

...Guy

Edited by Luftwoller

Sorry was AWOL there. Families: Mountain:Molehill you get the script. Luftwoller don't worry, some times it is a lottery setting up stuff. And then you try to save it, windows 7 was fine, windows 10 says you need to be an admin, no wonder you guys shake your head.

Klem that should work for him, but we can't see his monitor lua, so it might set up banzai, depends on what else Klem has put in. I'm not sure his saves are being made until I see the lua

There is a plugin that allows notepad++ to save as admin, can someone in ED check this for terms and conditions.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/nppsaveasadmin/

It was really handy when I was positioning viewports in the ka50. Just saves 2 menu clicks.

weeb

Kelm, I tried that. Added it all correctly. Clicked OK and when the screen restarted the opening screen was 1/3rd the size on the centre screen only with the outer 2 black?

WT actual F

...Guy

I don't know why that wouldn't work but I have now replaced expressions like screen.width with the absolute values you are using. Replace what I sent you with the attached and start DCS again. It should just find the new version

weeb this is his monitor lua (MonitorSetup) unless you have something else in mind. Here's the content:

name = _('1 Screen Centre GUI');

Description = 'One 5760 monitor configuration with Centre GUI'

Viewports =

{

Center =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

width = 5760;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect;

}

}

--UIMainView = Viewports.Center

GUI=

{

x = 1920

y = 0;

width = 1920;

height = 1080;

aspect = 1.7777777;

}

UIMainView = GUI

1Camera_Centre_GUI.lua

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

Klem, I'm away for the day but when I get back, I have 3 screens on my test rig but I am only using 2 at the moment for DCS. I will set it up on 3 screens and see if I can replicate Luft's issue. Bear with me m8.

weeb

Klem and Weeb, I think ive might have found some of the problem. In the lua. file you sent it is called 1Camera_Centre_GUI.lua. when I checked my DCS options there wasn't a screen option with this description? I put your file into C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\DCSWorld\Config\MonitorSetup

When I open the MonitorSetup file I see it in there.

Im running a Steam version of the game but surely that would make any difference would it?

Im way out of my depth here so really appreciate your help.

If you want to try to help me 1 on 1 my steam name is Luftwoller (Don't panic im no squeaker(46))

...Guy

I have had some problems with profiles having a number in their name. That is, not the file name, but the name given inside the file, meant to show up in the options screen.

After changing that to a letter instead, it showed up fine.

It may be just a fluke, but worth a try maybe?

System: Asus z270 A Prime, Intel i7-7700K 4.8GHz, 32GB DDR4, RTX2080, Samsung 500GB 850 EVO SSD.

Valve Index VR, TM Warthog Throttle & Grip, Virpil MongoosT-50CM2 base, TM TPDR Rudders.

OK heres where Im at.

As it wasn't appearing in the DCS menu monitors 'Drop down' I tried to add it to an existing Lua. file from the 'Drop Down'. In this case 'Camera + RMFCD' as im not using it. I opened the file in notepad, deleted everything after the description (So it should still say Camera + RMFCD) and copied and pasted Klems file underneath. So the files description for DCS was still 'Camera + RMFCD' but was, in effect, the 1Camera_Centre_Gui file. Saved this, then restarted DCS.....The file now has totally disappeared from the DCS monitors 'Drop Down'

God help me,

...Guy

OK heres where Im at.

As it wasn't appearing in the DCS menu monitors 'Drop down' I tried to add it to an existing Lua. file from the 'Drop Down'. In this case 'Camera + RMFCD' as im not using it. I opened the file in notepad, deleted everything after the description (So it should still say Camera + RMFCD) and copied and pasted Klems file underneath. So the files description for DCS was still 'Camera + RMFCD' but was, in effect, the 1Camera_Centre_Gui file. Saved this, then restarted DCS.....The file now has totally disappeared from the DCS monitors 'Drop Down'

God help me,

...Guy

1. DO NOT used Notepad, I told you in an earlier thread that it will corrupt the lua files. Use Notepad++ from here:

https://notepad-plus-plus.org/download/v6.8.6.html

2. You must delete that file you edited with Notepad. I think a DCS Repair will get you that 'Camera + RMFCD' file back. If you don't get it back I can send it to you.

3. I'm pretty sure your mistake was to look for the filename "1Camera_Centre_GUI". I said in my post to look for "1 Screen Centre GUI" which is the name given INSIDE the file and displayed by the DCS monitor selections.

4. Try using my file again. Paste it into MonitorSetup folder and then start DCS and look for "1 Screen Centre GUI". Don't expect to see it if DCS is running and you haven't re-started it.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

OK, Now im totally at a loss. I D/L Notepad++ but as far as I can see I don't need it if im just dragging your file straight into Monitor setup?

But before I did this I uninstalled all my mods using JSGME and then did a repair on my DCS. Said it needed to acquire a load of files. I let it do that, dragged and dropped your file into Monitor setup. Fired up the game and its not there! The file I removed is back in (Reacquired probs)

So where do I go now? This is ridiculous and Im reckoning your getting a little ticked off with all my whining,

...Guy

OK, Now im totally at a loss. I D/L Notepad++ but as far as I can see I don't need it if im just dragging your file straight into Monitor setup?

But before I did this I uninstalled all my mods using JSGME and then did a repair on my DCS. Said it needed to acquire a load of files. I let it do that, dragged and dropped your file into Monitor setup. Fired up the game and its not there! The file I removed is back in (Reacquired probs)

So where do I go now? This is ridiculous and Im reckoning your getting a little ticked off with all my whining,

...Guy

I'm not ticked off, just trying to give clear instructions.

Guy I am very sorry, I left a ";" out of that file when I edited in your screen absolute values. The attached should now work, just save it to your MonitorSetup folder. Again, my apologies.

btw, I didn't realise you were using mods. Always remove them before changing anything.

Also, you only need Notepad++ if you are editing the files.

1Camera_Centre_GUI.lua

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

Thanks for your help Klem,

This time the file did appear in the 'Monitors' List, but when I selected it and the screen refreshed and the DCS opening screen was approximately 1/3rd its original size on the centre monitor only?

...Guy

Thanks for your help Klem,

This time the file did appear in the 'Monitors' List, but when I selected it and the screen refreshed and the DCS opening screen was approximately 1/3rd its original size on the centre monitor only?

...Guy

:wallbash:

I have no idea why it does that. I put my system back to no bezel-correction and had the same result. I tried editing all kinds of daft values in there but nothing works.

I am afraid you'll have to go back to '1 Screen' and have the GUI spread across all three screens. Sorry.

I started this thread for guys with bezel correction and we seem to have strayed of-track. I am now beginning to think the 3 screen thing is so porked that even my ideas may not work for someone else with bezel correction. My solution was a bit bizarre..

Sorry Guy, best of luck.

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

It works for me.

I have 4 monitors arranged in an upside down "T" configuration.

3 monitors for left, center, right. 1 for MultiFunctionDisplay (MFD) at the top.

I have the resolution setup as 4 monitors in a row so that as my mouse moves off the right of the right screen it appears on the top monitor.

I have an Nvidia graphics card so I configured the 3 monitors to act as 1 monitor using Nvidia Surround. I also included bezel correction.

I was having difficulty seeing the mission editor buttons in 1.5 and 2.0 because they were drawn off screen. I used klem's lua fix and it worked.

I'll attach my .lua so you can see what I did.

One difference is that I use a local variable called "mybezelscreen" so that if I need to change my resolution, I can just change that one variable and the .lua will still work properly.

name = _('3 Screen + RMFD');

Description = 'Configuration with 3 identical monitors each with its own camera'

mybezelscreen = 5990

Viewports =

{

Left =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = -1;

viewDy = 0;

aspect = screen.aspect / 3;

},

Center =

{

x = mybezelscreen / 3;

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

},

Right =

{

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 1;

viewDy = 0;

}

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = mybezelscreen + 1;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

}

GUI =

{

x = 1920 + bezel;

y = 0;

width = 1920 +bezel/3 ;

height = 1080;

}

UIMainView = GUI

Hope that helps anybody still having this issue.

i7-6700K, Gigabyte GTX1080 8GB , MSI Z170A, 32GB, 750W

VFA-113

It works for me.

I have 4 monitors arranged in an upside down "T" configuration.

3 monitors for left, center, right. 1 for MultiFunctionDisplay (MFD) at the top.

I have the resolution setup as 4 monitors in a row so that as my mouse moves off the right of the right screen it appears on the top monitor.

I have an Nvidia graphics card so I configured the 3 monitors to act as 1 monitor using Nvidia Surround. I also included bezel correction.

I was having difficulty seeing the mission editor buttons in 1.5 and 2.0 because they were drawn off screen. I used klem's lua fix and it worked.

I'll attach my .lua so you can see what I did.

One difference is that I use a local variable called "mybezelscreen" so that if I need to change my resolution, I can just change that one variable and the .lua will still work properly.

name = _('3 Screen + RMFD');

Description = 'Configuration with 3 identical monitors each with its own camera'

mybezelscreen = 5990

Viewports =

{

Left =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = -1;

viewDy = 0;

},

Center =

{

x = mybezelscreen / 3;

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

},

Right =

{

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 1;

viewDy = 0;

}

}

RIGHT_MFCD =

{

x = mybezelscreen + 1;

y = 0;

width = 1280;

height = 1024;

}

GUI =

{

x = 1920 + bezel;

y = 0;

width = 1920 +bezel/3 ;

height = 1080;

}

UIMainView = GUI

Hope that helps anybody still having this issue.

KirkaFordis Rex

Thank you. That is a much more elegant solution than mine and saves chasing pixels. I was using screen.width / 3 but that was clearly the wrong way to go about it.

Mine is a little different as I have an upright T monitor setup with a full instrument panel in the lower screen and that forms one of the Viewports.

I have edited my OP to suit!

Here it is anyway

name = _('3 Screens Over Instruments';

Description = 'Configuration for 3 Screens over central cockpit Instruments'

mybezelscreen = 5900

Viewports =

{

Left =

{

x = 0;

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = -1;

viewDy = 0;

},

Center =

{

x = mybezelscreen / 3;

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 0;

viewDy = 0;

},

Right =

{

y = 0;

height = screen.height;

viewDx = 1;

viewDy = 0;

},

Bottom =

{

x = mybezelscreen +1;

y = 0;

width = 1920 + bezel/2;

height = 1080;

viewDx = 0.0;

viewDy = -0.99;

aspect = 1.777777777777;

}

}

GUI =

{

x = 1920 + bezel;

y = 0;

width = 1920 + bezel/3 ;

height = 1080;

}

UIMainView = GUI

Edited by klem

klem

56 RAF 'Firebirds'

• 2 years later...

Thanks for the info Klem! Old post but I needed some bezel correction info.

Steve (Slick)

ThrustMaster T.Flight Hotas X | TrackIR5 Pro | EVGA GTX 1070 | Win10 64-bit Professional | Dell Precision 7920 Workstation | 1 TB SSD | 128 GB Memory | Dual Intel Xeon Platinum 2.0 GHz 16 Core Processors (64 Total w/HT ON) | 24" Dell Monitor