Tracks Incorrect, DCS Recalculates instead of replaying

And this is how it'll stay, I'm afraid, unless they redesign the whole thing from the ground up. So just grin and bear it ;)

There is nothing wrong with the method, it's the execution. Even random events should be fine because they are most likely generated by a defined seed. For a mission, this seed will vary, making the event truly random. In a track however the seed should be recorded and used every time the track is played to remove the random nature.

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

The other day I wanted to replay a carrier landing, and I actually noticed this for the first time. The whole mission was off from where the bombs landed to the carrier landing.

The bombs landed about 500 yards away from where they hit in the actual mission, and the replay had my plane crash into the sea instead of the perfect !@#$% 3-wire.

Funny thing about this, is that this is the first time I've noticed this -- in almost 6 years of flying DCS.

I actually thought it was a new bug until I saw this post.

my experience, if there is no wind , no turbulence and troops are static the trks do work for me (eg caucasus)

but when i play with winds and turbulence (eg on PG) my trks end after minutes with crashing me into ground.

[ ...] it makes bug reporting/replication much harder! so it should be in EDs interest to fix this!

Good point.

• 2 weeks later...

This is very much a pain in the butt, i had a great mission tonight in Hornet landed re-armed and headed off again for some ground pounding after hitting my last target the mission trigger put a Mig behind me at 10nm with No warning i get a spike on my 6 and warning hes fired, little bit of fancy flying and i down him with guns..

I was like hell Yer need to watch the reply of this.. everything was 100% till landing re-armed and unlike the game i had the replay showed me just going full burner in my taxi right into a parked A10 with a big ol fire ball to follow.. this needs to be fixed

Acer Predator 500 Laptop i7 8750 @ 3.9MHz /16GB DD4 / GTX1070 / 256 SSD

Youtube https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3FtEcJlj_34i3IVqx6pE_w?view_as=subscriber

• 3 months later...

I am not sure does it related to the last update which was on 2 days ago means 08-march-2019, but I face to this issue over and over today as well as yesterday, also in the F/A-18C the CBU-99 is not working correctly sometimes! most probably when I try to release it below 5000 to 4000 ft, it released but without any explosion!

Edited by mani.zaeim

• 1 month later...

Okay, so I’m not the only one having this issue. I noticed, on a number occasions, the replayed track is not what was played out in the mission. i.e. I killed the AI (guns), the track shows the AI killed me instead. Or landing, may not have been a smooth one, the track replay shows I totalled my jet into the runway in a fireball heap.

Would it be possible for ED to comment on this on-going ‘bug’ and any future plans for a fix?

• 1 month later...
It's "possible" for them to comment or fix it but highly unlikely since there's no $$$$$ in it for them.

If they fixed replays Im 100% sure pilots would do beautiful videos with their fights, thus making the game look good on the internet, hence making more people invested and buying stuff...

• 1 month later...

This just happened to me. Really REALLY annoying. I successfully completed a mission and then completed a perfect landing to finish it off. First time I was able to do all of this successfully. Saved my track immediately after so I could enjoy watching everything back again, only to find my aircraft crashing into a cliff 3/4 of the way through!!!

I was totally gobsmacked, then done some googling and found myself here.

Thankfully I have TacView installed so I do have some record of it. TacView is all well and good from a technical standpoint but I wanted to watch that perfect landing and stare at its glory in a beautiful 3D world not a TacView screen. God I wish they would fix this.

EDIT: I decided to try playing the track back at regular speed, no fast forwarding or slowing down at all. It made zero difference. Still crashed.

Edited by FightingFalcon

//Flaming Cliffs 3 / T16000 HOTAS / TrackIR 5 / i7 4770k@4.5GHZ / EVGA RTX 2070 / 32GB 1600MHZ RAM/ Samsung Evo 1TB SSD//

• 4 weeks later...

In F-14 i landed on the carrier but after catching the wire i suddenly blow up in flames. I wanted to watch the replay to see the reason. Maybe i smashed into a parking F-18 on the flightdeck. I positioned the camera on the flightdeck to see which wire i got and then i saw my F-14 landing 20 meters starboard to the carrier in the water!

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 11 months later...
Oh ok. I've had it happen a couple of times in the past. I don't think it's a bug, I think sometimes we just get unlucky with the recalculating. I've tried to replay missions before where the track just shows me crashing into the ground right away for no reason. :D

This is a bug !!!

It happened to me too (began a year ago) and all the tickets that i opened to DCS support , i got the reply that "This is a known bug, and nothing to do with this" , this is unbelievable answers that i got.

So for me no ability to record or watch the correct replay video.

Aviram_AD