Possibility of new "green" map with Edge?

Fred00

I'm wondering if there are any plans from someone (ED or third party) to develop a new "green" map (forests or jungle) for DCS? The one we have, Georgia, is very old now and even if it looks alot better with Edge and new ground textures one has to wonder what a completely new map of this kind would look like. I can see that this kind of map is probably alot harder to develop than a desert environment, since the ground detail and also small elevation changes would have to be there to make it truly realistic. Does anyone know if anything is in the works?

Yes that is the plan. 3rd party developers who wish to, can now partner with ED to develop their own maps and scenarios. Like the other modules, these would then be sold through the DCS website, Steam etc. I believe that is what Leatherneck is currently doing with it's F14 module, but don't hold me to that since "everything is subject to change".

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

Well I would like to see Central Europe, we have a few cold war jets, so the Region of East and West Germany, maybe a bit of North East France, and West Poland, perhaps more to the north to catch Belgium, the Netherlands and the south of Denmark, you could also catch a bit of the Czech republic, Switzerland and Austria all within an area pretty much the same as the default map, at least in square miles terms, ok there would be more land and a lot less sea, so the map would be bigger in data terms.

It would be really good for a cold war gone hot type of campaign.