Ka-50 technology videos, 29 June 2006

It's probably possible for you to disable them ... personally I don't care one whit about learning cyrillic to operate the chopper, pop ups it is for me ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL, pop-ups for me too....or more likely, a bloody huge macro assigned in TouchBuddy so I don't have to remember anything at all :D

I'm really looking forward to BS, as are alot of others I'm sure. I think the ABRIS could be a barrel of laughs for more immersive missions...yup, looking forward to its completion.

I think the only things I'm not looking forward to about BS is (1) that its probably just as tedious to do skins for it as the other A/C and (2) every fast jet mutha* will be gunning for helos for the first few weeks! You know you will :(

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

487th Helicopter Attack Regiment, of the

VVS504 Red Hammers

LOL, pop-ups for me too....or more likely, a bloody huge macro assigned in TouchBuddy so I don't have to remember anything at all :D

I'm really looking forward to BS, as are alot of others I'm sure. I think the ABRIS could be a barrel of laughs for more immersive missions...yup, looking forward to its completion.

I think the only things I'm not looking forward to about BS is (1) that its probably just as tedious to do skins for it as the other A/C and (2) every fast jet mutha* will be gunning for helos for the first few weeks! You know you will :(

You can hide from the jets - especially the ones with radar (the ground pounders are just -so- much more likely to be looking in your general direction), but if you show up as a blip, you may well be in quite a bit of trouble ... especially if you don't 'disappear' in time. You won't even know what hit ya ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

I work as a leading engineer of Ka-32 helicopters in a private company. I know by heart the Ka-32, it's engines(the same as of the Ka-50), gearbox(also similar in some aspects) and systems which have many common things with the Hokum- hydraulic system and electrics are almost identical, the cockpit switches and gauges(concerning the powerplant and the aircraft systems) are all the same. The only thing I'm still not quiet aware of are the Ka-50's combat systems :D

Guess that ka-32 is some machine:

"The KA-32 helicopter is the leader in lifting capacity, power-to-weight ratio, range and flight altitude in its own class. Seven world records have been established on the KA-32 helicopter."

http://www.globalsecurity.org/military/world/russia/ka-32.htm

E8600 Asus P5E Radeon 4870x2 Corsair 4gb Velociraptor 300gb Neopower 650 NZXT Tempest Vista64 Samsung 30" 2560x1600

Guess that ka-32 is some machine:

Damn right it is! I can type few hundred pages about it but that might be considered as spaming the forum :D Simply said- it does what nothing esle could do and goes where nothing else could go.

Check out the world records here.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=

I need to move house soon, can I borrow one of them Ka-32s? :)

I was flying an A10 mission against a road convoy which had a couple of Hinds for cover, imagine my supprise when my plane disintergrated with no warning while running-in for a gun shot against a helicopter. Later somone examined the flight recording and posted a nice picture of me getting a full rocket salvo in the face. Ouch. That AI is a great shot.

This our hobby - not our job - if we are not having a laugh, we're doing it wrong. - Rats

No problem, if your house weights up to 5 tons :D

Pretty common situation you got there. I remember I tried gunzo with F-15 vs. Ka-50 in 1.02 and I got face shot in head-on attack which almost destroyed my plane and was so surprising that I couldn't react. I felt so embarassing that I had to add a couple of Sidewinders in order to return my selfesteem.

"See, to me that's a stupid instrument. It tells what your angle of attack is. If you don't know you shouldn't be flying." - Chuck Yeager, from the back seat of F-15D at age 89.

=RvE=