mouse + trackir difficult to use

Hi, I know this issue has been discussed a couple of times in the past.

It would be very useful to add an option to make the mouse cursor stick on the cockpit, instead of the view.

The shaking of the head movements plus the shaking of the plane makes it very difficult to use the mouse in clickable cockpits.

I think it's a very big issue for most of trackir users.

Pausing trackir before clicking with mouse is not realistic at all and I don't think this option is so difficult to implement.

Thanks

Olivier

I think this was discussed in forums before.

You say, mouse pointer shouldn't be effected by head movements, right? I agree by the way, but -if I get right- then if you forget the mouse position, ED should bring a solution to find it easily. Otherwise, you'll search it in whole cockpit, instead of your monitor rectangle. :)

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung G5 32" + Samsung 18" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | TM MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

I think this was discussed in forums before.

You say, mouse pointer shouldn't be effected by head movements, right? I agree by the way, but -if I get right- then if you forget the mouse position, ED should bring a solution to find it easily. Otherwise, you'll search it in whole cockpit, instead of your monitor rectangle. :)

To resolve this "lost my mouse cursor" issue, they could draw a line going from the middle of the screen to the cursor (not very elegant i agree).

Or they could make the cursor follow the screen edges when it goes out of view.

For now i'm going to forget clickable cockpits and go back using keyboard as i'm fed up chasing buttons with the mouse.

I was able to set up multiple dead zones in my tracker mapping so that the view will latch when looking down at the left and right consoles, and a small latch for the center console. This works rather well, and keeps the camera steady for those areas while still allowing fluid movement when looking up and out of the cockpit.

I have no idea what you people are talking about. I have a triple monitor setup with TrackIR 5 and I never have a problem finding the mouse to click buttons. Am I missing something here?

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I have no idea what you people are talking about. I have a triple monitor setup with TrackIR 5 and I never have a problem finding the mouse to click buttons. Am I missing something here?

The issue happens when you want to click on a cockpit button while your head is moving a bit because of trackir sensitivity. For some of us it's very difficult because trackir is more sensitive on a single screen setup.

Why not just deaden your center zone or use the lock option for when you are looking straight ahead? Beyond that, while engaged, if you need to press a button, its either on your Hotas or you haven't properly prepared for the engagement.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Hello, since I fly with an aircraft that requires switching thing even in the middle of a fight (MIG-21BIS), I use snap views to facilitate this, here:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144965

the best solution for this problem would be a cursor unaffected by head movement that is "dragged" by the view border - or better, by the limits of a configured viewpoint (just like the GUI viewpoint).

Dunno if the sim allows this, it seems difficult to do...

I have the trackir pause functiom mapped to a button on my mouse. If you have a "gaming" mouse with extra buttons I highly reccomend this. I also have the trackir recenter key mapped to my mouse as well. This works quite well, since you have to grab your mouse to interact with the cockpit.

• Like 1

Come fly with me, lets fly, lets fly away! -Sinatra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My Specs: Lenovo Y50 with GTX 860m (2GB), i7 4700HQ 2.4GHz, 8GB Ram. Corsair K70(MX Blues are awesome!), Benq GW2760HS monitor, Steelseries V3 Prism headset, TM Warthog Hotas, Sidewinder FFB2 W/ FLCS grip, CH Pro pedals, TrackIR5, KW-908 Jetseat

I have the trackir pause functiom mapped to a button on my mouse. If you have a "gaming" mouse with extra buttons I highly reccomend this. I also have the trackir recenter key mapped to my mouse as well. This works quite well, since you have to grab your mouse to interact with the cockpit.

Good stuff. I forgot we can pause TrackIR too

Although trackir is very personal, I find speed 1 and smoothing 30 a comfortable setting to not have parkinson jitter while flipping a switch (especially high smoothing helps). To dampen headmovement and have exact control I lower the curves in the center for yaw, pitch and roll and even lower center for x,y and Z.

+1