A-10C TGP display: Targets hard to see

LeCuvier

I would love to hear from someone of authority (Snoopy are you listening) on this issue. It would seem to me to be more realistic in that the targets are camouflaged.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to hear from someone of authority (Snoopy are you listening) on this issue. It would seem to me to be more realistic in that the targets are camouflaged.

You bring up a good point in that 1.5 seems to more accurately render the true camouflaged properties of the enemy ground vehicles, coupled with more realistic lighting and shadows. Although it presents a greater challenge, to me the change represents a greater degree of realism, and I'm always in favor of that.

In 1.2 I rarely ever used the brightness or contrast buttons on the TGP screen but with 1.5 I have found that by increasing the contrast and reducing the brightness in CCD mode it makes it much easier to see the targets. Those buttons are there for a reason and I can't help but wonder how often a RL pilot would use them to accomplish the same goal depending on RL terrain, weather and variables in lighting conditions. One thing I have always done and continue to do is reduce the brightness on the TAD screen to improve the ability to see the symbology against the map.

I do exactly the same thing as default procedure :) and that was before terrain textures changed in 1.5.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

• 2 weeks later...

Yes, the background terrain is just to "hot", certainly when switching to IR the vehicles should stand out way more. I do not feel that brightness/contrast buttons are of any decisive help.

Edited by tflash

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I would pay to have ED implement heat signatures for objects. Much too difficult to spot vehicles now. Only time they do stand out is when they've been blown up.

+1 !

Intel Core i7 6700K@4.7GHz, Asus Sabertooth Z170 Mark1, 16Gb Kingston DDR4 2800MHz, Asus Geforce GTX1080, SSD Sandisk Extreme Pro 250Gb, Seagate 2Tb, TM Hotas Warthog, Ch Pro Pedals, TrackIr 4, Oculus Rift CV1 & Rift S

It is not only for A-10.

Su-25T is also affected by this bug - solution is (or not) simple - you have to glance on shader files.

As I do not posses knowledge in this area I can't try anything.

I only know long time ago I changed few shaders and TV look was other - I could enable colors or make it a bit brighter.

I know there are files which are related to the ground, rivers, objects and IR (which affects Su-25T's night pod).

Generally speaking in night TV the land is too hot. Extremely warm are electric lines, WTF.

Reminder: Fighter pilots make movies. Bomber pilots make... HISTORY! :D | Also to be remembered: FRENCH TANKS HAVE ONE GEAR FORWARD AND FIVE BACKWARD :D

ಠ_ಠ

Wait' date=' pay for someone to fix something they broke in a patch, as much as I like DCS A-10, that is just wrong.[/quote']

It was even in 1.2 broken. For me the way it was back then was always a workaround and now even this workaround is unsatisfying to the point that it is unplayable in some situations. This is a simulation and it should have used heat signatures right from the start. I was very disapointed when I saw it wasn't implemented with this new engine.

And I'm not asking for a super complex heat system, only one system where trees and random smudges and the ground are not as hot as a tank that is steaming down a road with fill engine power.

A proper implementation of IR/heat signatures would really bring this module up to date. Look at the work on the Hornet's radar, those screenshots. I know, two entirely different things, but it shouldn't be that hard, in comparison to the work on the ground radar.

Again, I would gladly pay for an update of the A-10C module. Perhaps start a thread, with more ideas for such an update, and how much people would be willing to pay for it.

It was even in 1.2 broken. For me the way it was back then was always a workaround and now even this workaround is unsatisfying to the point that it is unplayable in some situations. This is a simulation and it should have used heat signatures right from the start. I was very disapointed when I saw it wasn't implemented with this new engine.

And I'm not asking for a super complex heat system, only one system where trees and random smudges and the ground are not as hot as a tank that is steaming down a road with fill engine power.

Even if that's the case, you shouldn't have to pay or even consider paying for a patch.

Your not alone on that thought.

Windows 10 Pro - 64 Bit / ASUS ROG Strix B650E-F Gaming / AMD 7800X3D / G.Skill Trident Z5 NEO 64GB DDR5 6000 Ram / SSD M.2 SK hynix Platinum P41 2TB / MSI Gaming GeForce RTX 4090 SUPRIM Liquid X 24G / SteelSeries Arctis 7 Headset /LG-Ultragear 38" IPS LED Ultrawide HD Monitor (3840 x 1600) / Track IR4 / Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Virpil HOTAS VPC Constellation ALPHA-R & VPC MongoosT-50CM3 Throttle

Totally true. Not having a working flir kills the whole tgp / cas idea. ARMA or SB had it for years.

9900k, 2080TI, 64GB, ssd, valve index, Thrustmaster on virpil, virpil cm2 throttle, tpr pedals, mfd.

• 2 weeks later...