A-10C TGP display: Targets hard to see

LeCuvier

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

It is concerning as a new player to see an issue like this open for what looks like 1.5 years without being addressed ? There are times with the current stable release 1.5.x version unmodded when even when I know where the target is and am looking for it with the TGP you still cannot see the unit. This is particularly true for example if you position a unit in the outskirts/ground textures of a city or on the borderline between trees/open terrain. The ground unit effectively becomes completely invisible to the TGP even when you are only a short distance away. Most galling is when I can see the unit out the front of the cockpit visually but, the TGP still can't see it.

You can get around it by using the mission editor and placing enemy targets only in spots where they are easily spotted and with good separation but, that sort of defeats the purpose.

This is not good. After 2 years and it's still not fixed? Gives me second thoughts about buying anything else.

I've been patient about this problem until now.

It is concerning as a new player to see an issue like this open for what looks like 1.5 years without being addressed ? There are times with the current stable release 1.5.x version unmodded when even when I know where the target is and am looking for it with the TGP you still cannot see the unit. This is particularly true for example if you position a unit in the outskirts/ground textures of a city or on the borderline between trees/open terrain. The ground unit effectively becomes completely invisible to the TGP even when you are only a short distance away. Most galling is when I can see the unit out the front of the cockpit visually but, the TGP still can't see it.

You can get around it by using the mission editor and placing enemy targets only in spots where they are easily spotted and with good separation but, that sort of defeats the purpose.

Let's just hope this is fixed in 2.5

Try Barthek's 6.5 terrain mod. I don't have a link. IMHO it offers better contrast for the TGP.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

• 1 month later...

Anyone have any mods to fix this, specifically on NTTR? really annoying to be flying over vegas in some missions that place units IN THE CITY which you can't even engage as they blend into the buildings which are "hotter" than than the units (never mind the fact they have a tendency to spawn inside buildings)... or BUSHES that glow as if they're actively burning missiles. i've basically reverted to never using BHOT or WHOT, only CCD...

even better when Mr. AGM-65D also locks on to said bush because its a glowing hot target...

System: Intel 14700k on MSi z690 DDR4 pro, Arctic Liquid Frozer II 360mm AIO, 64gb ddr4-3600mhz CL16, Gigabyte 4090
Winwing Orion2 F-15EX/F-16EX combo, VKB T-Rudder Mk.IV, TM Warthog (Shelved)
2x 256gb Vertex 4 SSD's, 2x 1tb Sabrent NVMe PCIe 4.0 SSD's, 1x 4.0tb Silicon Power NVMe, 1x 4tb Seagate HDD
VR: Quest 3 (Current), HP Reverb G1 (Shelved)