Fishbed Drivers- Check your Kneeboard (RSBN NEVADA?)

Hook47

Was flipping through the kneeboard when I stumbled onto a new page. RSBN Nevada!!!

This was a pretty big deal to me because back when I submitted a Q/A question to Wags about if there would be RSBN/ARC/PRMG at NTTR he said it wasn't planned at that time. Looks like they changed their minds! Way to go, ED!

IIRC, the Mig-21 RSBNs are custom made by LN in that module, so it may well be that ED won't place any beacons on the map, but the Mig-21 still has them...?

I'd think so. MiG's using in-house RSBN system, so it's likely they've scripted a few beacons into Nevada. While L-39 RSBN looks somewhat more authentic, this one gets the job done as well :)

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

If the LNS-21 had a real RSBN system like the 39 has, we don´t need to worry about that.

I have concerns about how the ED and BST modules (or any other 3er party developer that uses the standard files) could navigate in the future LNS maps with this kind of "lua navigations".

Maybe for next modules, LNS will switch to the ED standard type of files and programming regarding navigation aids.

With the current implementation (a stationary xyz point in the space) it´s impossible to create a navaid for a moving carrier for example.

Regards.

Maybe for next modules, LNS will switch to the ED standard type of files and programming regarding navigation aids.

I certainly hope so. Those things need to be aligned.

AMD R7 5800X3D | Aorus B550 Pro | 32GB DDR4-3600 | RTX 4080 | VKB MGC Pro Gunfighter Mk III + Thustmaster TWCS + VKB T-Rudder Mk4 | HP Reverb G2

FC3 | A-10C II | Ка-50 | P-51 | UH-1 | Ми-8 | F-86F | МиГ-21 | FW-190 | МиГ-15 | Л-39 | Bf 109 | M-2000C | F-5 | Spitfire | AJS-37 | AV-8B | F/A-18C | Як-52 | F-14 | F-16 | Ми-24 | AH-64

NTTR | Normandy | Gulf | Syria | Supercarrier |

@speedstick.

Yes, unfortunately it isn't a real representación of the ARC-10 and RSBN systems. They do it to allow better gameplay and an over modeled navigation capabilities in an approximately 600% (from the real 17 ndb to 72 stations and from 40 to 99 Rsbn stations). It's a legacy from the former mig-21 mod developed for the FC2

@Dahlbeck.

The ED approach depicts an accurate system for ARK and RSBN from the BS1 onwards, with associated models (if you destroy a station you lost the signal for example) and in the RSBN part allows you to fly "a manual RSBN course" using the not modeled in the 21 switches for set course and distance in a zone without RSBN coverage.

The PRMG systems is linked with the ATC system so it switches to the active runway as the ndb approach beacons do aswell.

I hope this "Arcadish" implementation will be switch to a more accurate representation, or at least the option to have a real navigation in the options table (server side) in a middle or long term.

With the 39 you can fly without problems over the NTTR using the "RSBN manual mode" and the ndb. You don't need a RSBN station.

Regards.

• Like 1

@speedstick.

Yes, unfortunately it isn't a real representación of the ARC-10 and RSBN systems. They do it to allow better gameplay and an over modeled navigation capabilities in an approximately 600% (from the real 17 ndb to 72 stations and from 40 to 99 Rsbn stations). It's a legacy from the former mig-21 mod developed for the FC2

@Dahlbeck.

The ED approach depicts an accurate system for ARK and RSBN from the BS1 onwards, with associated models (if you destroy a station you lost the signal for example) and in the RSBN part allows you to fly "a manual RSBN course" using the not modeled in the 21 switches for set course and distance in a zone without RSBN coverage.

The PRMG systems is linked with the ATC system so it switches to the active runway as the ndb approach beacons do aswell.

I hope this "Arcadish" implementation will be switch to a more accurate representation, or at least the option to have a real navigation in the options table (server side) in a middle or long term.

With the 39 you can fly without problems over the NTTR using the "RSBN manual mode" and the ndb. You don't need a RSBN station.

Regards.

Good to know this, very clear, thanks for the explanation.:thumbup:

@speedstick.

Thanks for the anser. +rep

"Hard to imagine bigger engine. its got a beautiful face and an arse built like sputnik." - Pikey AKA The Poet, on 37 Viggen.

The ED approach depicts an accurate system for ARK and RSBN from the BS1 onwards, with associated models (if you destroy a station you lost the signal for example)

Is this correct? I tried destroying several stations (inner/outer markers, RSBN and random NDB), but the stations remained fully operational. I was flying L-39 to check the stations, but used the other means to destroy them. :)

I don´t try it in the last versions. Maybe now it´s different.

But the file definition and progamming makes reference to an "object" and check if the "object is alive".

Sorry for my english.

It's possible. I only tried in 1.5. Or maybe the L-39 is not the best plane to test it, for some reason. Maybe I should try with some older module.

The L-39 uses the same "standard system". So maybe now it´s different.

If ED changed it, it's a step back in terms of realism and immersion. :(

Perhaps my testing method was somehow wrong, even though I doubt it. Maybe someone could try it too?

This is one of the NDB stations I destroyed. It seems pretty destroyed to me, yet it beeps and the needle points to it. :D

gw51qDD.jpg