DCS: NEVADA Test and Training Map Installation Discussion

FRANK_G

• Replies 983
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No, you require the release of the beta of 2.0 to get NTTR.

More news to the front

My Rig: AMD Ryzen 7 1800X Eight-Core  3.60 GHz / Crosshair VI Hero / Corsair H115i / 48 GB DDR4 RAM Vergance RGB Pro / GTX-1080 8 GB RAM / HD 1Tb / SSD 2Tb/2x1Tb / Warthog / 2 MDF / TFPR / Track Ir V / Logitech G633

DCS: Roadmap (unofficial): https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=116893

DCS: List of Vacant models: https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?p=4076891#post4076891

Silver_Dragon Youtube

Afaik NTTR will work only with DCS 2.0 - which will be released shortly before or together with NTTR. Then 1.2.x and 1.5.x will be obsolete.

What I don't know is, if 1.2 and/or 1.5 will be updatable (with the DCS updater) to 2.0 or if 2.0 will be a separate and fresh install.

Afaik NTTR will work only with DCS 2.0 - which will be released shortly before or together with NTTR. Then 1.2.x and 1.5.x will be obsolete.

What I don't know is, if 1.2 and/or 1.5 will be updatable (with the DCS updater) to 2.0 or if 2.0 will be a separate and fresh install.

Wouldnt hurt to do a fresh install now wouldnt it :thumbup:

g8PjVMw.png

Hi,

I hope we will have some information in advance for DCS World 2

e.g.

* don´t copy settings (in game joystick-settings, ???) from 1.2 to 2.0

* don´t copy settings (in game joystick-settings, ???) from 1.5 Beta to 2.0

* we can copy settings (in game joystick-settings, ???) from 1.5 Beta to 2.0

* ???

Correct, 1.5 can not handle the new map assets. Only 2.0 can do that.

Good, fast, cheap. Choose any two.

Come let's eat grandpa!

Use punctuation, save lives!

Correct, 1.5 can not handle the new map assets. Only 2.0 can do that.

Yes, but will we be able to automatically update to 2.0 from the 1.5 open beta version once it is released? (Like it was possible from 1.2.X to 1.5.) or will 2.0 require a completely new install?

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

I don't get it! Where was the 1.5 version released while 2.0 was around the corner? And why did ED do the updates on 1.5 when the focus must be on 2.0.

Anyone knows?

New system:I9-9900KS, Kingston 64 GB DDR4 3200Mhz, RTX 3080(OC 2070 Mhz), Corsair H150 Pro RGB, Samsung 970 EVO 1 Tb, Scandisk m2 500 MB, 2 x Crucial 1 Tb, T16000M HOTAS, HP Reverb Professional, Corsair 750 Watt.

Old system:I7-4770K(OC 4.5Ghz), Kingston 24 GB DDR3 1600 Mhz,MSI RTX 2080(OC 2070 Mhz), 2 * 500 GB SSD, 3,5 TB HDD, 55' Samsung 3d tv, Trackir 5, Logitech HD Cam, T16000M HOTAS. All DCS modules, maps and campaigns:pilotfly:

I don't get it! Where was the 1.5 version released while 2.0 was around the corner? And why did ED do the updates on 1.5 when the focus must be on 2.0.

Anyone knows?

My understanding was that 1.5 was to test EDGE and 2.0 is for map compatibility.

Hi,

Why release 1.5, why not just 2.0?

As optimization and refinement of NTTR and the addition of new theatres is completed ED wanted to get public testing started on EDGE and other new features coming with 2.0. As new theatres is one of the biggest features of 2.0, the thought was to give this initial release a lesser number as it didnt have one of the biggest features.

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147127

• Like 1

Anyone knows?

:doh:

pls you can read anything here in the Forums they wrote exactly what the difference is in 1.5 and 2.0 you just have to look through the stickis i dont have time now to do that for you.

dcs 1.5 is dcs 2.0 without a few features.

SFMBE

Yes, but will we be able to automatically update to 2.0 from the 1.5 open beta version once it is released? (Like it was possible from 1.2.X to 1.5.) or will 2.0 require a completely new install?

Most likely yes on the update. They wouldn't have put so much effort in the auto-updater just to distribute NTTR strictly via http now, would they?

Come let's eat grandpa!

The 1.5B version is, from what I can tell is basically 2.0 with some things still a WIP, some things disabled etc.

Without the Beta stage, who would test for bugs? You can't just jump from a stable version to an untested version and release it. Espeically one with such a jump in development that 2.0 brings with EDGE.

All the bugs that are being found and squashed in the Beta right now would be there in the stable release without this Beta stage. No one wants that.

That's why it's an Open Beta. So people that want to can test it and help iron out all the wrinkles prior to release as DCS 2.0 Edge.

Essentially, the only real difference between 1.5B and 2.0 Stable is a version number - as far as I understand it anyway.

Regarding 1.5 Beta updating to 2.0 Stable:

So long as we can import our controller profiles from 1.5B over to the 2.0 Stable version I don't mind removing the beta and installing the stable version. With 1.5B being so similar to version 2.0 stable I can't see it being an issue like it was importing from 1.2.6 which is radically different to 1.5b. I hated having to manually remap everything hehe.

My Hangar: P-51D Mustang - KA-50 Blackshark - A-10C Warthog - F-86F Sabre - FC3 - Combined Arms - UH-1H

My Flying Adventures: www.dcs-pilot.com :pilotfly:

Essentially, the only real difference between 1.5B and 2.0 Stable is a version number - as far as I understand it anyway.

No, the version of EDGE in 1.5 can't deal with the new map assets. It's not something being disabled, it's using a legacy "interface" with the assets. Only in 2.0 is there an "interface" that can deal with both the old and the new assets.

So long as we can import our controller profiles from 1.5B over to the 2.0 Stable version I don't mind removing the beta and installing the stable version. With 1.5B being so similar to version 2.0 stable I can't see it being an issue like it was importing from 1.2.6 which is radically different to 1.5b. I hated having to manually remap everything hehe.

You seem to have a very common misconception about how controller profiles work. Since quite a few versions back the profiles don't hold all the bindings, instead they are patchfiles that are applied to the files that hold the bindings, therefore performing only the modifications that you made. You can apply such a patch file to any future keybinding file and it will come out intact with your changes and the changes made by the devs.

The reason why you are not supposed to copy over any files is one of bugreporting. If you don't know *exactly* what you are doing, there is the potential of screwing with your install when you copy files over. Nobody wants these user snafus to end up as beta bug reports that a dev has got to spend precious time on to debunk.

Edited by sobek

Come let's eat grandpa!

1.5 Beta Introduced EDGE/DX11, and several fixes and features to be tested on a broader spectrum hardware set.

NTTR map assets use a different formatting/interface, which is NOT a feature of 1.5 and will be integrared as a major feature in 2.0.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill,

X470 Taichi Ultimate, R7970 Lightning @ 1.2 / 6 GHz Memory

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

1.5 was only released as an interim step while the NTTR map was being integrated so we could all give the EDGE engine a try and to lessen the wait. ED have always stated that NTTR was dependent upon 2.0, and wouldn't work on 1.2.16. We can only assume that it will not work in 1.5.1 either.

As is normal with all beta releases, you can expect 2.0 Beta to overwrite your current Beta install and won't affect the full release install. What will happen with the current full release hasn't been stated. It might jump to 1.5.*, or it might just go straight to 2.* when that reaches final release status.

The updates were naturally a part of the Beta refinement process. We report bugs, they fix them, and we see if the fixes raise new issues.

Rocket science it isn't.

I am glad I have a lot of disk space.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup: