Problem with Tracks

LeCuvier

I have 2 similar issues:

1. I used to be able to watch the track of my mission after completion by clicking by clicking on the "Watch Track" button in the debriefing window. Now it tends to show me something that looks like the track of an earlier flight which I hadn't even saved. I have tried several times today, always the same problem.

2. Saved Tracks problem

I click the "Save Track" button in the debriefing window and save the file with a meaning ful file name.

Then I go to "Replay" in the main menu. I select the track file created earlier and open it. And then I see a track that's nothing to do with the mission I had recorded.

And yet one track file >I recorded yesterday shows exactly what I had recorded.

Has anybody seen this?

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

• 2 weeks later...

I also have problems with tracks : I was practising take-off and wanted to watch the tracks to improve, but they showed something completely different.

I tried it dozens of times, but the tracks ended each time with a crash (of the plane, not the game ;) ) after a few seconds...:(

I dont know if this helps or not, but i have had limitted success with track files by following advice I found somewhere on the forums.

At the end of your flight ( when presented with the option to Save Track File ), save the file as you have done.

Then close DCS WORLD. Then open DCS WORLD again, go to tracks, select the track file you just saved and select to play the track. DO NOT TOUCH ANYTHING!!!

Let the Track Play through its entirety. Once this is done, save the track file again with a new name and close DCS WORLD again.

If the Sun and the Moon are in the right positions and the wind is blowing from the right direction, you should now be able to play the track file ( and make adjustments to camera angles etc ) successfully.

It doesn't always work, but this was the method I used when making youtube videos of DCS WORLD. Admittedly, that was only when using versions prior to 1.2.6, so I can not vouch that this will help in later versions.

I hope you find a method that works for you. I love DCS Videos as they show you parts of your flight that you are too busy to watch at the time of flight. And play like an action movie when you play around with the camera's.

Totally Awesome all the way round. :)

I hope this has been of some help to you. :)

• 3 months later...

Tracks are still not working with the Bf-109. Does anybody have an idea when this will be tackled?

I think we have been very patient about this but it's still a major handicap.

I can use Tacview; but that's not at all the same thing and does not give me the same ability to see the detail of the action from different angles.

LeCuvier

Windows 10 Pro 64Bit | i7-4790 CPU |16 GB RAM|SSD System Disk|SSD Gaming Disk| MSI GTX-1080 Gaming 8 GB| Acer XB270HU | TM Warthog HOTAS | VKB Gladiator Pro | MongoosT-50 | MFG Crosswind Pedals | TrackIR 5

Tracks fixed soon...

We are working on the problem. It should be fixed soon.

Thanks that is good news!

LeCuvier

We are working on the problem. It should be fixed soon.

Interesting. This is the first mention of any work in this area.

ASUS ROG Maximus VIII Hero, i7-6700K, Noctua NH-D14 Cooler, Crucial 32GB DDR4 2133, Samsung 950 Pro NVMe 256GB, Samsung EVO 250GB & 500GB SSD, 2TB Caviar Black, Zotac GTX 1080 AMP! Extreme 8GB, Corsair HX1000i, Phillips BDM4065UC 40" 4k monitor, VX2258 TouchScreen, TIR 5 w/ProClip, TM Warthog, VKB Gladiator Pro, Saitek X56, et. al., MFG Crosswind Pedals #1199, VolairSim Pit, Rift CV1 :thumbup:

• 3 weeks later...

I updated the open apha to 2.0.2 and hoped the tracks would be working there now.

But no joy! Can you give any indication when we users will see this fixed?

LeCuvier

I've had several problems with tracks. The most recent one was when loading a track of a flight in the Huey. I flew very close to the ground but without touching it. In the track, my helo hit the ground and crashed...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I am reviewing my tracks for our formation flying. It seems that tracks for me are fine, unless there has been any collision, lag or glitch, after that point the rest of the track is borked.

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i7 6700K, 32GB Corsair 2400Mhz, 970 NVMe 500Gb SSD, GeForce 2080 super, HP Reverb, VKB GF PRO, Thrustmaster Warthog throttle, Thrustmaster Pendular rudders, Windows + DCS :thumbup:

My youtube channel

Am I losing it or what? I used to be able to play back a track and while watching it I could change my views. Just recorded my first track on the Neveda map with my new toy, the Gazelle, and I could not switch views at all. :( Is there now an option to enable/disable this? Has senility finally set in and I'm just fantasizing here? Any help as to what I'm doing wrong would be appreciated. Thanks!

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

I thought I read that the track isn't a direct recording of the mission, but rather it just records the inputs of your controls and uses them in the game engine. I think that's a disk space saving strategy.

MS Win7 Pro x64, Intel i7-6700K 4.0Ghz, Corsair RAM 16Gb,EVGA GeForce GTX 1080 FTW GAMING ACX 3.0, w/ Adjustable RGB LED Graphics Card 08G-P4-6286-KR, Creative Labs SB X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Champ PCIe Sound Card, Corsair Neutron XTI 1TB SSD, TM Warthog Throttle & Stick, TM TPR Pedels, Oculus Rift VR Headset CV1, Klipsch Promedia 4.1 Speakers...

• 4 weeks later...

In DCS 2, more than DCS 1.5 there seems to be more track issues. I don't have a problem replaying a saved track or changing views, but the problem I do have is that the tracks are most times different than what I actually did. A couple of examples: I hit a plane and it crashed during play, but it landed in the replay. In another, I watched one that was damaged land during the mission, but it crashed during the replay. My plane seems to follow closely, but the AI ones seem off a lot during the replays.

The issue with tracks is fixed. Please wait for next update.

FI-NA-LY

Does it also work with fast forwarding the Track?

Modules: Well... all of 'em

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Motherboard: ASUS Maximus VIII Hero | CPU: i7-6700K @ 4.6GHz | RAM: 32GB Corsair Vengance LPX DDR4 | GPU: GTX TITAN X (Maxwell) | SSD1: 256GB NVMe SSD System | SSD2: 250GB Games | HDD 4TB WD Red

• 4 weeks later...

Fixed in 1.5.4?

Hi Racoon, I looked at the release notes for 1.5.4 Open Alpha and could not find any mention of this bug. Is the fix included?

LeCuvier

• 1 month later...

Bug is not fixed!

I just ran a mission with more than 16 aircraft (airfield attack). I managed to get 2 kills and survived. But when I replayed the mission ( I had not saved the track) it was a totally different story. It actually looked like a mission I had flown before: I had a wing shot off early on before I could get any kill, and I crashed into the sea.

LeCuvier

• 5 months later...