27 November 2015 DCS Weekend Update

Call911

• Replies 213
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I brought my TV few years ago at a definite price. Since that day, my TV didn't show improvements, better image quality, better sound. Also it didn't build automatically build up new display port, WiFi connectivity, and did not goes to 4K (it's full-HD). If I want that features, I should buy add-on modules or a new TV.

DCS did show many improvement in performance, image quality, add-on modules, etc.. so I think it's fair that if today I buy Ka-50 for "x" $ and I could fly that in DCS 1.2.16, to buy it in DCS 2.0 it could cost "x" + something.

ChromiumDis.png

Author of DSMC, mod to enable scenario persistency and save updated miz file

Stable version & site: https://dsmcfordcs.wordpress.com/

Openbeta: https://github.com/Chromium18/DSMC

The thing is, helicopters are different from planes. An airplane by it's nature wants to fly, and if not interfered with too strongly by unusual events or by a deliberately incompetent pilot, it will fly. A helicopter does not want to fly. It is maintained in the air by a variety of forces in opposition to each other, and if there is any disturbance in this delicate balance the helicopter stops flying; immediately and disastrously.

Look at it this way what games have you played more than DCS? Think of the value you get for your money. I have spent 60 bucks on triple a games that I play way less.

DCS doesn't cost any money, planes do. I spent 42$ on Aviodev C-101 that I played 15 minutes total since January. Great value for money indeed.

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

DCS doesn't cost any money, planes do. I spent 42$ on Aviodev C-101 that I played 15 minutes total since January. Great value for money indeed.

Then blame yourself for deciding on the purchase.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

4.8 I7, 1080, TMW&T, SSD, VKB MK.IV.

• ED Team

Guys you have covered the cost discussion enough, lets not derail this thread completely.

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/newsletters/newsletter27112015.html

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Anyone know with some certainty how upgading to 2.0 will work?

Will 1.2 upgrade to 2.0, or 1.5 upgrade to 2.0, or will I just delete both 1.2 & 1.5 and 2.0 will be its on stand alone download?

Thanks

Bumping this gentlemans question as it got buried under OT and went unanswered. I'm curious to know also.

Then blame yourself for deciding on the purchase.

I do. But I based my purchase decision on ED newsletter that falsely claimed that the model is complete and the armed version was scheduled for February 2015.

I hope that the devs and ED have also learned from this lesson. But I'm now much more cautious about anything that I read in the ED announcements.

Bumping this gentlemans question as it got buried under OT and went unanswered. I'm curious to know also.

IIRC 1.2 should update to 1.5 and 1.5 beta should update to 2.0 beta. But as usual, everything is subject to change ;)

Hardware: VPForce Rhino, FSSB R3 Ultra, Virpil T-50CM, Hotas Warthog, Winwing F15EX, Slaw Rudder, GVL224 Trio Throttle, Thrustmaster MFDs, Saitek Trim wheel, Trackir 5, Quest Pro

• ED Team
Anyone know with some certainty how upgading to 2.0 will work?

Will 1.2 upgrade to 2.0, or 1.5 upgrade to 2.0, or will I just delete both 1.2 & 1.5 and 2.0 will be its on stand alone download?

Thanks

Only guessing, but I imagine all updates will be in the same way as usual via the updater.

If I am wrong I am sure we will know prior to it happening.

Again lets not focus on the price as the issue is different for everyone, back to discussing the weekend update of the 27th

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 64GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

I'm sitting here, Saturday morning, in front of my (exclusive) gaming machine which runs one game only. I tap my fingers on the desk, waiting impatiently for some hint of the Pre-Alpha release.... uh, Alpha.... um, Pre-Beta.... er, Beta.... ugh.... availability for my machine to run the NTTR map. In essence, I'm expecting my first born child and am very very impatient.

First and foremost, super extra ultra important point: money spent on ED is irrelevant. Even if the A-10C was 10 times what I paid for it, I'd have robbed two banks, quit eating for a month and sold 4 pints of my own blood (half of what I got) to fly it. But, today, it only costs forty dollars. Back in 2010, I paid $60. Last year, I bought it again. Also last year, I bought the Mig 21 and earlier this year I bought the Mig 15. I don't fly either one because I'm not that up on my Russian. No, I'm not rich by any means nor would I seriously rob banks. DCS is my hobby and I need Eagle Dynamics to continue doing the miracles it's doing.

With that said, let's get on with releasing Nevada. I am so excited!

The Hornet is best at killing things on the ground. Now, if we could just get a GAU-8 in the nose next to the AN/APG-65, a titanium tub around the pilot, and a couple of J-58 engines in the tail...

I'm glad I am not the only one waiting this day to see if DCS 2.0 will land....

3118206.gif

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals

If only......

ED could have harnessed all this palpable anticipation for their upcoming release, we would have had it on our computers 2 years ago:smilewink: I mus keep telling myself, patience Grasshopper, patience.:prop:

Intel i5-4690K Devil's Canyon, GForce TitanX, ASUS Z-97A MB, 16GB GDDR3 GSkill mem, Samsung SSD X3,Track IR, TM Warthog, MFG Crosswind pedals, Acer XB280HK monitor,GAMETRIX KW-908 JETSEAT

ED isn't going to release a major update on the weekend, folks. It's a "all hands on deck" event for them. They'll get to work Monday.

Still, I'm going to refresh my browser now!

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

I don't see why not. They released the P-51 on a Sunday in 2012. Yes, it may not happen over the weekend still, but it has been done before. :)

http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/products/planes/mustang/?SHOWALL_1=1

Intel i5-9600K @ 3.7GHz

Gigabyte Z370XP SLI Mobo

G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin DDR4

GIGABYTE GeForce RTX 2070 8GB 256-Bit GDDR6(Assume the latest driver version)

Thermaltake Water 3.0 Certified Liquid Cooling System

Windows 10 Professional

Oculus Rift-S /TrackIR 5 in case VR dies

Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog w/ Thrustmaster T-Flight Rudder Pedals