[DCS Bf109K4] Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

• 1 month later...
Ya worse comes to worse I'll just quiet the samples a bit in audacity.

Regardless wonderful work 5tuka!

It's not to hard to change the volume of the samples in the sdef files (gain) as far as I know. Shouldn't be a need to change the actual sound files.

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Version 2.0 of my IDB mod is finally out for download in the DCS user file section! Link: https://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/files/2113720/

V.2 includes a variety of important changes:

- New sound files have been created and outdated ones have been replaced

- Volume of all sounds has been tweaked (lowered) as per user request

- Flyby sounds have been rebalanced to sound more authentic

- includes mod package for louder gun sounds (by default gun sounds are relatively quiet). To install it drag the content from the "Louder Weapons" folder over into the "Bf-109K4 IDB Mod 2.0" directory

However, due to lack of time my testing was short and didn't cover everything. If you find any issues with the sound and/or bugs pls report them so I can fix it.

As for now I probably won't be able to work on this mod threwout the coming months which is why I decided to push for a release now.

Either way, hope you enjoy it.

• Like 1

Creator of the

Immersive Daimler Benz Soundmod

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Awesome! Thank you, 5tuka!

I'll report here if I discover any problems or oddities.

Mud

Spoiler

W10-x64 | Z390 Gigabyte Aorus Ultra | Core i7 9700K @ 4.8Ghz | Noctua NH-D15

Corsair 32Gb 3200 | MSI RTX 3080ti Gaming X

Asus Xonar AE | TM Hotas Warthog

MFG Crosswind pedals | Valve Index

Hi 5tuka, nice mod. I noticed that during engine off flight in the 2.0 version the whistling noise is still played from outside. Not sure if this is on purpose or not but by my logic it seems like a bug.

9./JG27

"If you can't hit anything, it's because you suck. If you get shot down, it's because you suck. You and me, we know we suck, and that makes it ok." - Worst person in all of DCS

"In the end, which will never come, we will all be satisifed... we must fight them on forum, we will fight them on reddit..." - Dunravin

Thx for the feedback so far, I'm glad the mod is well reccieved!

Hi 5tuka, nice mod. I noticed that during engine off flight in the 2.0 version the whistling noise is still played from outside. Not sure if this is on purpose or not but by my logic it seems like a bug.

It's not a bug but a design choice I made. The reason you hear the whistling with shutown engine is because I changed the wind noise to simulate it (I've tried other methods without sucess but felt it was definetly needed). I will likely keep this workaround until a better method becomes availabel.

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Just tried it, gotta say i really liked interior sounds! Very close to the videos of real thing. Exterior is not bad too but sounds kinda like compilation of different sounds...anyway, thanks a lot for these and keep up the good work! :thumbup:

CPU: Intel Core i7-2600k @3.40GHz | Motherboard: Asus P8P67-M | Memory: Kingston 8GB DDR3 | OS W10 | GPU: Sapphire R9 290x 8GBDDR5 | Monitor: Samsung Syncmaster 24" | Devices: Oculus Rift, MS FFB 2 joystick, Saitek X 52 Pro throttle, Saitek Pro pedals, Gametrix Jetseat

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 1 month later...

On a basic install, where do I place the files? I know it is a simple question but there is no manual and I didn't want to experiment...Can someone give me a step by step? Not understanding the differences between the mod folder and main sound folder...

Hello school, do you use JSGME? I've explained before why this is my recommended way to install the mod.

Ypu can install ot directly by inserting the content of the sound and mods folders into your DCS clients's respective subfolders but this may cause trouble with updates.

As for your question, the sounds folder contains external spunds while the mods\aircrafts\... directory contains all internal sounds.

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 3 weeks later...
I feel stupid asking this, but is there a guide for how to install this mod?

There are 2 ways of installing the mod:

Installation: Extract and place the 'Bf-109K4 IDB Mod' folder into your DCS World\Mods directory. Afterwards enable it via JSGME.

The second method is directly replacing ingame files with the ones stored in the Bf-109K4 IDB Mod folder which I don't recommend since it may break sth. with future updates for DCS (backups of original files is nessecary in this case).

Creator of the

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

There are 2 ways of installing the mod:

Installation: Extract and place the 'Bf-109K4 IDB Mod' folder into your DCS World\Mods directory. Afterwards enable it via JSGME.

The second method is directly replacing ingame files with the ones stored in the Bf-109K4 IDB Mod folder which I don't recommend since it may break sth. with future updates for DCS (backups of original files is nessecary in this case).

Thank you, I have never used JSGME I will look into it.

• 3 weeks later...

Just tried out the newest version of this mod. It is excellent, thank you.

P-51D | Fw 190D-9 | Bf 109K-4 | Spitfire Mk IX | P-47D | WW2 assets pack | F-86 | Mig-15 | Mig-21 | Mirage 2000C | A-10C II | F-5E | F-16 | F/A-18 | Ka-50 | Combined Arms | FC3 | Nevada | Normandy | Straight of Hormuz | Syria

I fly my K4 again thank to your 2.0 Stuka!

An AMAZING mod! It should have to be included in the module as an official release.

Thank you really very much! I was not able to fly my Kurfurst without the DB605 sound.

Waiting for Normandy now.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...

The fastest / most desperate way would be downloading the 2.0 package and just extracting the contents of "Bf-109K4 IDB Mod 2.0" straight to the main game folder, overwriting original files when prompted. Done and done.

The bad thing about this method is - if you don't like the result you can't go back quickly unless you backed-up the original content before overwriting. Otherwise you'll have to run "repair" script of the game (from the relevant DCS shortcuts in Win start menu) to get back to default state. Also, during every DCS updating process, the game will repair itself automatically, breaking all custom mods.

The better, long term solution most of us go after is using community-made mod-activating software, which allows enabling and disabling any mods with a couple of clicks at will. JSGME is still the most popular application, though a bit outdated nowadays and not supported anymore. Google for it and you'll find plenty of sites / vids explaining how it works. There's also new and more advanced application called OvGME, discussed here:

https://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=171956

... but I've never used it, so can't comment on it.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.