F-117 Nighthawk

joanvalley

As all the radar operations and emissions math are 'guesstimated' in DCS core, as well as the RWR and EC©M procedures, I don't see how a dev could simulate such an aircraft properly. As well as for the aerodynamics of this particular aircraft. Quite unstable as I read and not fun to fly because of its limitations.

So, DCS: F-117 - Not for me. Thanks.

The F-117 had its handling characteristics very similar to the A-7

F117A Cockpit - very old Style - :shocking:

http://www.nmusafvirtualtour.com/media/073/F-117A%20Cockpit.html

**** „Es gibt alte Piloten und es gibt kühne Piloten, aber es gibt keine alten, kühnen Piloten.“ ****

Andre Kostolany

http://www.combatpilot.at :pilotfly:

Intel i5-3570k 4x3,4 GHz auf MSI M77 MPower, GeForce GTX 1080, 16 GB RAM DDR3-1.600, 500 GB SSD, Logitech G13 + G110, G35 Headset, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, WIN 7 HP, LG IP235P 32 Zoll 21:9,, TrackIR 5

Yes. Indeed I would like to have this aircraft. Since it has a very specific role, a different mission from all the other aircrafts. It would be interesting to see if one could pass behind enemy lines and return in an online environment.

It would be great for me. But off course the major guys in this community are hot shoots full of top gun adrenaline in their veins.

So you'll see a lot of no answers.

Sent from Tapatalk via Samsung Alpha.

ASUS N552VX | i7-6700HQ @ 2.59GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | NVIDIA GF GTX 950M 4 Gb | 250 Gb SSD | 1 Tb HD SATA II Backup | TIR4 | Microsoft S. FF 2+X52 Throttle+Saitek Pedals | Win 10 64 bits

I thought Zeus confirmed there wasn't going to be a Nighthawk made by Razbam.As much as i would love to see one in DCS,i don't see any current licensed 3rd party planning on making one anytime in the future which makes this thread redundant.

I agree, but since when has that ever stop or pause anyone on this forums?:P

To whom it may concern,

I am an idiot, unfortunately for the world, I have a internet connection and a fondness for beer....apologies for that.

Thank you for you patience.

Many people don't want the truth, they want constant reassurance that whatever misconception/fallacies they believe in are true..

While I doubt well see anything like 117, itd be pretty nice.. Last night I watched a few guys from the group I fly with testing a new mission called "Yellow brick road" where they took their a-10c and had to fly through the mountains at like 300ft to throw bombs on target and run away. The 117 would be awesome for a mission like that, but outside of that mission.. would be very very limited.

I thought Zeus confirmed there wasn't going to be a Nighthawk made by Razbam.As much as i would love to see one in DCS,i don't see any current licensed 3rd party planning on making one anytime in the future which makes this thread redundant.

Not quite:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showpost.php?p=2613985&postcount=171

Zeus just said that in his opinion DCS currently doesn't have a place for the F117.

How about we support the Mirage and then we focus on the Harrier?

This is a waist of time trolling about the F-117 in hopes to convince the devs to do that bird.

Then when ED gives up the code for Ground Radar? We can talk about the A-7 Corsairs and Strike Eagles.

Especially when they said that the Nighthawk is not even being considered?

Leave the Nighthawk for the DCS Wish List.

• Like 1

'Too niche' is always a disappointing basis for not exploring certain aircraft and applications. We have a stable of trainer aircraft (Hawk, C-101, L-39) all of which could be considered limited in how they can be used in the game, but I'm pleased that we do have them, and they have their place. The A-10c has rightfully developed a dedicated following, and like the 117, it's an unusual and purpose-built aircraft.

The 117 would be a welcomed addition, demanding a passive albeit tense approach to the strike mission profile. Surely people would find it thrilling to slip past SAM defences relying on stealth, whilst executing a precision strike from under the nose of the enemy. It's something we simply don't get to do with your average F-16, 15, 18 etc. All of which I love, but there isn't a great deal of contrast between them, or how they go about their mission.

I remember being glued to the F-117 Microprose 'sim' back in the day, and what made it fun was that sensation of, sort of, pickpocketing from the enemy.. it was thrilling.

I'd be curious to hear if the 117 has been thrown around the ideas table at ED or one of the third party teams.

| Windows 10 | I7 4790K @ 4.4ghz | Asus PG348Q | Asus Strix 1080TI | 16GB Corsair Vengeance 2400 DDR3 | Asrock Fatal1ty Z97 | Samsung EVO 850 500GB (x2) | SanDisk 240GB Extreme Pro | Coolermaster Vanguard S 650Watt 80+ | Fractal Design R4 | VirPil T-50 | MFG Crosswind Graphite | KW-908 JetSeat Sim Edition | TrackIR 5 |

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

day one purchase for me for sure. don't care what it's ability in game or in real life. i would just buy and fly like a hawk

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Until the entire history of U. S. Navy and Marine Aviation has been covered up until today, and then the complete inventory of Russian aircraft from the start of Russian military aviation until present, all other aircraft are superfluous, including, but not limited to, Zoomie (USAF) aircraft, British aircraft, French aircraft, German aircraft, etcetera and so on and so forth...

:megalol:

• 4 months later...
I think that the F-117 would fit in the Caucasus map without problem, but I would not buy this plane: very few diversity in missions and weapons. A Tornado IDS, on the other hand... :)

Will fit If we can have bases on Turkey, Romania or Bulgaria.

I don't understand anything in russian except Davai Davai!

• 3 weeks later...
This thread got me motivated to play with the F-117.

Woah, awesome!

This was the best DCS movie I've ever seen, good work! :)

Mission: "To intercept and destroy aircraft and airborne missiles in all weather conditions in order to establish and maintain air superiority in a designated area. To deliver air-to-ground ordnance on time in any weather condition. And to provide tactical reconaissance imagery" - F-14 Tomcat Roll Call

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

• 4 weeks later...

If you have an F-117, might as well have a B-1B. Fast, low, somewhat stealthy, huge payload

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Win 10, AMD FX9590/water cooled, 32GB RAM, 250GB SSD system, 1TB SSD (DCS installed), 2TB HD, Warthog HOTAS, MFG rudders, Track IR 5, LG Ultrawide, Logitech Speakers w/sub, Fans, Case, cell phone, wallet, keys.....printer