2.0 installer didn't find my 1.5 install?

GregP

So instead of only needing to download 1.9GB, I'm stuck getting 7.2GB, which is obviously going to take forever at the speeds we're seeing. Is it possible that the installer doesn't check other drives? Because my 1.5 install is on a different drive, while my 1.2.16 install is on the same drive I'm installing 2.0 on; the 2.0 installer does indeed first say 'copying files from [1.2.16 install]', but then quickly moves on to 'Downloading update', presumably meaning it didn't find the files it needed there.

If the 2.0 installer isn't checking other drives, any way I can force it to do so?

i7-9700K / MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon AC / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / VKB Gunfighter MkIII base + MCG Ultimate grip

OK, found the solution: had to manually set the path to my 1.5 install in the 'dcs_local_source.txt' file -- that fixed it, and now on to the 1.9GB download.

• Like 1

i7-9700K / MSI MPG Z390 Gaming PRO Carbon AC / 32GB DDR4 / RTX 3080 Ti / TrackIR5 / MFG Crosswind Rudder Pedals / VKB Gunfighter MkIII base + MCG Ultimate grip

OK, found the solution: had to manually set the path to my 1.5 install in the 'dcs_local_source.txt' file -- that fixed it, and now on to the 1.9GB download.

Hi

I have the same problem, can you explain more how you did. I cant find the file 'dcs_local_source.txt

Thank you

Sure: look your in '2 OpenAlpha' directory, and you should see a file called 'autoupdate_log.txt'. At the very bottom, in the section corresponding to the last time you ran the updater, you'll likely see a few lines like this:

INFO : Local source: G:\Games\DCS World

INFO : To copy from local: 5156517199 bytes in 504 files

INFO : Copied 0 bytes in 0 files

So go back into the OpenAlpha folder, and there should be a file called 'dcs_local_source.txt' -- all you have to do is open that and set the correct path to your 1.5 install. But if you're missing the above lines from the log file, then this isn't the problem you're having.

Now When i click on the installer IT says checking for uppdate then nothing happend. I uninstalled dcs 2 and start all over but IT didnt help.

Any idies??

Thanks

Hmmm, I don't, no -- sorry...