(DO NOT TRANSFER ASSIGNMENTS] Joystick assignments 1.5 to 2.0

It should be fine to copy them over.

Sent from my Galaxy S6 using Tapatalk.

i7 7700K | 32GB RAM | GTX 1080Ti | Rift CV1 | TM Warthog | Win 10

"There will always be people with a false sense of entitlement.

You can want it, you can ask for it, but you don't automatically deserve it. "

Copying didn't work for me in 1.2-1.5...

But exporting the configs and importing into 1.5 worked great. I think doing that is the best bet.

Nvidia RTX3080 (HP Reverb), AMD 3800x

Asus Prime X570P, 64GB G-Skill RipJaw 3600

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Copying didn't work for me in 1.2-1.5...

But exporting the configs and importing into 1.5 worked great. I think doing that is the best bet.

Worked with no probs, instead of copyng all folder just import the files from ingame. 1.55 - 2.0 not tested yet

Perhaps I am a little naïve, but as the change to the thread title suggests they really do not want us to move any of the files over but to build them clean, which is what I am going to do.

With it being an alpha, undoubtedly there will be some issues and at least I will know none will be a result of my importing or copying over my joystick profiles.

Don B

My VKB Gunfighter MK III Pro L Review

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | EVGA RTX 3090 FTW3 Ultra | 32 GB G Skill Trident Z 3200 MHz CL14 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |VKB GF MK III Pro L Ultimate Grip| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

I copied the files over but when setting up each aircraft, I needed to clear each category and then load the selected controller settings.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]WIN 10, i7 10700, 32GB DDR4, RTX 2080 Super, Crucial 1TB SSD, Samsung EVO 850 500GB SSD, TM Warthog with 10cm extension, TIR5, MFG Crosswind Pedals, Wheelstand Pro, LG 40" 4K TV, Razer Black Widow Ultimate KB[/size]

With it being an alpha, undoubtedly there will be some issues and at least I will know none will be a result of my importing or copying over my joystick profiles.

That's the reason why ED wants anyone who reports bugs to not copy them. I will not report any bugs, so ... I tested the compatibility for controller assignments and have found no problems ;)

Windows 10 64bit, Intel i9-9900@5Ghz, 32 Gig RAM, MSI RTX 3080 TI, 2 TB SSD, 43" 2160p@1440p monitor.

That's the reason why ED wants anyone who reports bugs to not copy them. I will not report any bugs, so ... I tested the compatibility for controller assignments and have found no problems ;)

Yea, I effectively copied my settings over, but did so after diff'ing all the lua content in the Input directories from 1.5 to 2.0, as well as re-creating all my custom control modifications from scratch.

I didn't just copy blind, and there's definitely some new capabilities in most of the aircraft that if you just copy settings you may miss.

I was also too lazy to start from scratch after spending so many hours waiting for the download to complete. I did go into each plane that I wanted to fly and assign one control to one device of mine, just to have the folders created. I then went in and copied over the input files for that plane. So far, no issues have been noted. If I do run into anything I will start over from scratch then.

Justificus

System Specs:

i7 4970K @ 4.8, GTX 1080 SC, 32GB G.Skill DDR 2133,Thermaltake Level 10 Full Tower Case, Noctua NH-D15 6 Cooler, Win 10 Pro, Warthog, CH Pro Pedals, CH Throttle Quadrant, Oculus, 1 32" & 2 19" Monitors

Modules Owned: A-10C I+II, Ka-50, FC3, F-86, Mig-15, Mig21, UH-1H, Mi-8, CA, P-51D, BF-109K-4, FW-190 D-9, Hawk, NTTR, M-2000C, SA342, F-5E, Spit Mk. IX, AJS-37, Normandy, WWII A.P., AV-8B, F/A-18C, L-39, Persian Gulf, Mig-19P, I-16, Super Carrier, F-16, Channel, Syria

So just to be clear..., if I use the load feature in the controls to grab the .lua profiles from 1.5 that will be ok for bug reporting?

Not just copy paste over the C:\Users\username\Saved Games\DCS.openbeta\Config\Input

?

That's a pain, but still much better than manually remap all planes again.

Edited by Cdr84

If you import your settings be aware that any issues you might have could be due to that.

Would you mind clarifying Sith?

What about exporting the files from within 1.5 (Not the folder structure through windows but within the game) and then importing them to 2.0?

As I understand this only imports differences in the button layout and does not import/over write the file that is created via the 2.0 install routine. It simply adds the button mappings yes?

Of course you still need to either clear the control mapping columns (not the keyboard column or the mouse column of course, but just the ones associated with your controllers) or go through each one and remove entries that have two maps or that are mapped to multiple controllers but that part needs to be done even without importing anyway...

Anyhow... Please clarify :)

Saitek X-65F and Fanatec Club-Sport Pedals (Using VJoy and Gremlin to remap Throttle and Clutch into a Rudder axis)

Each column in each aircraft...

So for me... I have a Saitek X65F, A set of racing pedals and a virtual joystick created through Glovepie.

I go to an aircraft (say the KA50).

I highlight an entry in the X65F column.

I save the profile.

I highlight an entry in the ClubSport Pedals Column.

I save the profile.

I highlight the Virtual Joystick column.

I save the profile.

I open the new install.

I go to the KA50

I highlight a column and load the corresponding file for each column much like I saved them.

I will generally also clear that column first so it clears all default binds for ONLY THOSE columns. NOT THE KEYBOARD OR MOUSE.

So far I observed differences in Mi8 - two lines about ignition test switch and for F-86 huge structural differences for default.lua from Joystick controls. Especially for F86 big care should be used.

Always import from game interface not just copy paste the files and preferably compare with notepad++ the default.lua files before.

Edited by zaelu

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least