Disappointed

The_Pharoah

ED I'm disappointed and I'm sure there's lots of others who are also. Release of DCSW 2.0 and esp the NTTR map after so long has been fraught with ridiculously slow download speeds. I mean c'mon, 120kbps for a 24 gig map? are you friggin kidding me? Why didn't you release a torrent and let everyone download off everyone else - it is 2015 after all and torrents are the way to go.

This is a public forum for clients/customers of which I am one (I have almost all your modules, including purchasing FC3 twice) so I'm entitled to my opinion which you should be aware of.

Its like charging me $100 for parking, then making me park 10 kms away without transport. :doh:

:mad:

• Like 2

AMD AM4 Ryzen7 3700X 3.6ghz/MSI AM4 ATX MAG X570 Tomahawk DDR4/32GB DDR4 G.Skill 3600mhz/1TB 970 Evo SSD/ASUS RTX2070 8gb Super

...it is 2015 after all

Its like charging me $100 for parking, then making me park 10 kms away without transport. :doh:

+1

Немој ништа силом, узми већи чекић!

MSI Tomahawk MAX | Ryzen 7 3700x | 32GB DDR4 3200MHz | RX 5700 XT OC Red Dragon 8GB | VPC Throttle CM3 + VPC Constellation ALPHA on VPC WarBRD Base | HP Reverb G2

Falcon's Twitch Bar Discord  | Youtube Follow Me on TWITCH!Falcon's flight zone FB page

IMHO, it's more like selling you parking at an agreed spot, but also saying "hey, if you want to try out the prototype of our services before they're ready and at a different spot - and help us fix things that might not quite be right - we've set up a trial lot!".

But yeah, I feel you too! Haven't seen 20 KiB/s for a while, and it sucks after you get all excited because you picture a perfect release :-P

It's a brand new piece of software, analogue to all the parking lots being full, everyone wants to be on the bus to the new shiny new thing so things are slow.

A few persons are busy with torrent seeding, you might want to read up on that.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Commodore 64 | MOS6510 | VIC-II | SID6581 | DD 1541 | KCS Power Cartridge | 64Kb | 32Kb external | Arcade Turbo

Well said Blade. We are all frustrated but the tone of the OP is wrong IMHO. I have been D/L since 16.00 Zulu yesterday still have 16GB to go. I may get it today or not but lets not get all hostile about it

i5 8600k@5.2Ghz, Asus Prime A Z370, 32Gb DDR4 3000, GTX1080 SC, Oculus Rift CV1, Modded TM Warthog Modded X52 Collective, Jetseat, W10 Pro 64

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

It's a brand new piece of software, analogue to all the parking lots being full, everyone wants to be on the bus to the new shiny new thing so things are slow.

A few persons are busy with torrent seeding, you might want to read up on that.

Personally i agree to the: be patient and keep calm solution, but objectively this is not a good excuse for release's download issues, it's not for the new software this really doesn't matter, but it's mainly for the lack of infrastructures and definitely very discutible organization brought by ED about infrastructures efficency.

EDIT:

I have to sadly admit that the only good thing about Steam is the servers efficency

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I7 8700K @ 4.9 ghz, SSD 850 evo, MSI Z370 Gaming Pro, GTX 1080Ti, F/A-18C in the garage, F-16C in the backyard, F-14B in the garden

Isn't it that obvious that your best parking spot won't help if the streets are jammed by all the customers trying to access the parking lot at the same time? How can that be the fault of the parking lot?

That's life. Nothing too hard to cope with. Patience doesn't cost a penny.

Yesterday it took me some good time to just install DCX Alfa 2.0 base install...

Then when I tried to start fetching NTTR it became apparent that it would take days at the seed I was seeing, so, instead of becoming frustrated with it, I decide to start 1.5.1, enter one of the great ww2 online servers, and have a great time dogfighting... :-)

I already installed all of my modules into DCS 2.0... By the end of this week, if download speeds get more stable and faster i may try again to fetch and install Nevada, but really no hurry, specially because the only modules I plan to use there are the f86, mi-8 and uh-1h ( maybe also the mig21 )...

Let's all be patient. From the youtubes I watched of our lucky fellow users already in NTTR, it looks amazing! It's a bright future, and I am looking forward for the Normandy map more than any other terrain... ww2 is my prefered stuff...

The big problem for me is that all of the money I spent in civil simming feels like a big waste now...

Flight Simulation is the Virtual Materialization of a Dream...

I was a little disappointed about the speeds and that's why I didn't waste taking a day off work cause I knew there would be issues. Instead I just let it run over night and when I woke up this morning it was done. played around a bit with the map took some screenies, enjoyed the amazing new scenery now having some coffee.

thanks ED!

Core i7 7700K @ 4.5

GTX 1080ti OC 11gb DDR 5

16 GB pc 3200 DDR with XMP

Crucial 500GB SSD

Crucial 1TB SSD

Asus 31.5" @ 1920x1080

Track IR

Thurstmaster pedals

Thurstmaster HOTAS Warthog

personally I was expecting a slow download because of the amount of people downloading. patience costs nothing but time. and we have waited long enough for its release so what's a few hours in the grand scheme of things....

But it is more than a few hours. The 1.15GB patch that has to be HTTP downloaded has been going for 8 hours and is halfway done at 9KB/s. That is completely ludicrous.

And then I still have a 24GB NTTR download after that, although I am hoping that being a torrent I might see 100+KB/s

Intel i7 10700K @ 4.5 GHz / ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming / 32 Gb G.Skill DDR4 / Inno3d RTX 3090 / 1TB Samsung 980 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AV-8B, F-5E, F-86F, FC3, FW190D-9, Hawk, Ka50 2, P-51D, Spitfire, UH-1H, F/A-18C, F-14, F-16, Supercarrier, Christen Eagle 2, Mosquito, AH-64D

Nevada, Normandy, Persian Gulf, The Channel

It's absolutely mind bottling.

Some folks are surprised that there's bandwidth issues on the first day of a release.

It's a pretty good laugh.

9KB/s ... 24 hours to download 1.15Gb is ludicrous.

If they stuck to their existing torrent distribution method I'd be done by now, even with my crappy 8MB ADSL connection.

Intel i7 10700K @ 4.5 GHz / ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F Gaming / 32 Gb G.Skill DDR4 / Inno3d RTX 3090 / 1TB Samsung 980 NVME / Win 10 x64 Pro / WINWING F/A-18 HOTAS

A-10C, AV-8B, F-5E, F-86F, FC3, FW190D-9, Hawk, Ka50 2, P-51D, Spitfire, UH-1H, F/A-18C, F-14, F-16, Supercarrier, Christen Eagle 2, Mosquito, AH-64D

Maybe ED should have highlighted the meaning of Alpha.

I personally decided to cancel the installation, since I do not have the time to deal with all the problems inherent to the alpha and to contribute to the testing.

Even tough I am longing to fly over Nevada, it is better to wait for a Beta and to skip the frustrating part.

So I recomment, if you do not have the will and time to contribute to the testing phase - which I assume fits to 90% of the downloaders - refrain from installing the Alpha? This would reduce the traffic load a good chunk I assume and would make it easier for those, who contribute to testing.

Edited by SNAFU

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Unsere Facebook-Seite

"Wise men talk because they have something to say" "Fools talk because they have to say something" -Plato

How is this any worse than Xbox and playstation fiasco every Christmas, cast you mind back, remember Diablo 3 and all the other associated downloads that nearly crashed the net. I have a thing called patience. It doesn't matter to me if I download it today or tomorrow. I'll just go into my workshop and build a gauge, solder some shit. Life still goes on whether you are stressed or unstressed. Yes in a perfect world we would all love everything immediately but the internet does not work like that. And before you slate me, I have degrees in computer networking, routing tables, won't bore you with this. In this day and age, all it takes is a clam fishing boat to howk a fibre optic cable off the ocean floor and the routers have a heart attack, they have to find alternative nodes. I have a 200meg pipe into my house and do you know something. There is hardly a server up there that is capable of feeding it. Traffic management et al. Here is one for you. I was talking to someone in America and when I pinged them, I was going through the Seychelles. Does that bring it into clarity?

• Like 1

Windows 7 64 Home Premium, i5 3570K (3.4 @ 4.4GHz), Asus P8Z77-V LX, 16GB dual channel 1600 ram, EVGA Nvidia GTX980ti, 240 GB OCZ SSD, 3 TB Raptor, Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas and Throttle, Saitek Pro Combat Rudder pedals.

Problem isn't that users didn't anticipate bandwidth issues - most of us did. It is the fact that ED obviously didn't. 9-20 kbps download speed isn't acceptable in 2015 regardless of circumstances. ED should have figured out that their infrastructure wouldn't cope and release 2.0 Alpha together with NTTR as a normal torrent. Not exactly rocket science...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

When Blizzard or Valve release a game, there's always server trouble. I don't think I need to tell you how big those companies are. Their server budget is probably larger than ED's turnover.

I think we just need to accept that ED make a niche product, aren't a huge company, and that when everyone tries to download 24 gigs at the same time, there might be some trouble.

This is a public forum for clients/customers of which I am one (I have almost all your modules, including purchasing FC3 twice) so I'm entitled to my opinion which you should be aware of.

You are entitled to an opinion but I won't take it very seriously if it isn't informed; they do have a torrent download system.

Win10 x64 | SSDs | i5 2500K @ 4.4 GHz | 16 GB RAM | GTX 970 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek pedals | TIR5

Remember the Ubisoft AC Unity Disaster

I love you ED and will continue to support you always. Just get us able to use our accounts download NTTR and fix this. Off to bed was really looking forward to this after surgery today but stuff happens and I know day one releases are nail biters.i know you all must be working your butts off so cheers and good luck. I look forward to waking up and installing all this!

• ED Team

Guys it is an ALPHA, ED have tried new methods for distributing their software, they will take this lesson and learn from it I am sure.

When giving feedback please be respectful and if you need to refer to rule 1.10 before posting.

Thanks

Edited by BIGNEWY

smallCATPILOT.PNG.04bbece1b27ff1b2c193b174ec410fc0.PNG

Forum rules - DCS Crashing? Try this first - Cleanup and Repair - Discord BIGNEWY#8703 - Youtube - Patch Status

Windows 11, NVIDIA MSI RTX 3090, Intel® i9-10900K 3.70GHz, 5.30GHz Turbo, Corsair Hydro Series H150i Pro, 32GB DDR @3200, ASUS ROG Strix Z490-F Gaming, HP Reverb G2

Of course I disappointed too. You are advertising a product for months and years, and finally you release it, but it's complete mess! Only users who has high speed internet connection can download and fly, others must struggle with 20~70 Kb/sec for a few days.

ED should have already calculated and adjusted a solution for this before releasing.

If I could predict all these, I think I would prefer not to buy the product and wait a few days or weeks more...

So, I stopped worrying about all this stuff and stopped struggling with DCS WORLD...

I'll click on the icon two weeks later...

Edit: Yea, I apologize if my words were bad. This is Alpha and maybe I have no right to think like that.

Edited by Devrim
  • Like 1

i7-2600 @3.4GHz | Corsair 16GB @1600MHz. | MSI GTX1660Ti Gaming X | Samsung 256GB SSD (Win10HPx64)
Samsung 32" + 2x8"TFT Displays | Saitek X-55 Rhino & Rudder | Trustmaster MFD Cougars | Logitech G13, G230, G510, PZ55 & Farming Sim Panel | TIR5
>>MY MODS<< | Discord: Devrim#1068

...Only users who has high speed internet connection can download and fly, others must struggle with 20~70 Kb/sec for a few days.

I am on 100/100 Mbps fibre and still get 12-20 kbps so having a high speed Internet solves nothing. Just saying...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

It's all well and good to say that it is an Alpha, but come on. I've purchased almost every DCS module. I purchased the A10 before it was cool, and I've been waiting 5 years for NTTR. So I think it is understandable that people would be surprised that ED couldn't have figured out that forcing an HTTP download through a soda straw link was not going to be a viable distribution method. I have crappy 8MB ADSL1. But I have never had an issue downloading previous modules or DCS world distributions through the old torrent distribution system. Surely ED should have realised this was a failed experiment by now and just released a torrent package for everyone to download?

• Like 1

I am on 100/100 Mbps fibre and still get 12-20 kbps so having a high speed Internet solves nothing. Just saying...

The servers are overloaded because everyone is downloading at the same time.. simple as that

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

_______

sFalcon.

The servers are overloaded because everyone is downloading at the same time.. simple as that

That's why ED should have offered the package as a public torrent yesterday and we would all be flying over Nevada right now...

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below: