Ok, which HOTAS should i get?

I really need a HOTAS ASAP...

But the problem is, I can't decide which one should i get...

I can't afford the Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS so put this one out of the list.

Im trying to choose between the X52 Pro, the X55, the Logitech G940

And the Thrustmaster T-Flight HOTAS(i have a question on this one, does it have the little mouse with it? that thing that acts as a mouse at the side of the throtle? since i wanted to use that for moving the radar cursor)

The main problem i have to decide is that...

I hear horror stories everyday about the X52 Pro and X55 dying or having problems, and i saw Ralfi's review on the X55 and he said it was made for those who have a big hand, i have a small one and the X55 is not adjustable.

And well, the G940 is the most expensive out of these (and i also don't know if it has the mouse thingy)

I would love if someone could be my light and help me to choose my HOTAS

Im going to the US at December 23th and i can pay 230 Dollars MAX in a HOTAS since I have to buy other stuff too :3 (Like a Track IR 5 and the pro-clip...)

So any help/feedback on these and other options would be much apreciated !!!

:book::huh::doh:

BTW is there any store at New York or New Jersey that sells the Track IR?(besides the online store)

Edited by Jogui3000

PC Specs: RTX 2070 (8GB) + I5-9600K + 32GB RAM.

Stuff for the sim: Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS + TFRP Rudder pedals, Track IR5.

Modules: FC3, A10C, F/A-18C, F16C, F14A/B, MiG-21Bis, AJS-37, F5E, F86F-35, M2000C, Ka-50, P51D, Bf-109K4, Fw-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk IX, L39, CA.

Maps: Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy 1944 + WWII Assets Pack.

Campaigns: A10C:The Enemy Within.

On the warthog...

On sale at B&H online today for $313.99 USD great deal but it is on back order.

Jut thought you might like to know.

Out

Yeah i saw that, but i can't pay 313 bucks in the HOTAS, i have to buy a Wii U (judge me if you want to, i want to play Zelda) and a track IR too :/

Modules: FC3, A10C, F/A-18C, F16C, F14A/B, MiG-21Bis, AJS-37, F5E, F86F-35, M2000C, Ka-50, P51D, Bf-109K4, Fw-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk IX, L39, CA.

With your money limit: X-52 PRO or X-55.

Even CH (and his outdated USB 1.1 8 bits electronics) will cost more and require rudder pedals (more ~120$).

Tm T.Flight HOTAS X is not advisable, low cost pot' in all axis, console compatibility... Is option only if money is problem. And have no "mouse" only buttons and 1 HAT.

G-940 was discontinued at years.

BTW - For X-55 ergonomics x small hands, do a palm rest "mod" - various samples in this forum. Just dont expect that be a "200$ Warthog", is not.

Edited by Sokol1_br

With your money limit: X-52 PRO or X-55.

Tm T.Flight HOTAS X is not advisable, low cost pot' in all axis, console compatibility... Is option only if money is problem. And have no "mouse" only buttons and 1 HAT.

G-940 was discontinued at years.

BTW - For X-55 ergonomics x small hands, do a palm rest "mod" - various samples in this forum.

Thanks for the advice.

But hey, if you have any experience with one of those two, mind sharing your opinion on them?

Ralfidude made a very extensive video on the x55:

Yeah I saw that, but i wanted to hear the opinions of other users, not only him, some people say they like it, some people hate it, like Ralfi.

Yeah I saw that, but i wanted to hear the opinions of other users, not only him, some people say they like it, some people hate it, like Ralfi.

Ah, sorry, need to stop skimming posts.

When it comes to the X52, it is pretty good when it comes to ergonomics. The problem is the rotaries in the throttle. Every single one of them jitters. Furthermore, my X52s had constant disconnects so I returned it. The replacement one on the other hand has buttons that feel way more mushy. Quality is all over the place.

In the end I think it is good enough for the modern birds, since you don't need extremely precise inputs. Flying the SU25t or the Mig21 was no problem for me with the X52. The Huey is kind of okay if you get used to it. The german Warbirds like the FW190 or the BF109 don't work well, since they have no trim. Holding the stick 2° to the right while flying is not much fun - and the X52 somehow manages to have a certain amount of stiction in the low deflection ranges that make small adjustments hard.

I only ever had the chance to try the X55 at a store, and my sentiments mirror Ralfi's. Not comfortable at all to push buttons. Maybe with a palm rest mod like Sokol sugested it may be bearable, but I could not stand it.

TBH, I am very hard pressed to recommend ANY hotas system at the moment, since every single one of them screws up some very basic feature.

Callsign "Lion"

Ah, sorry, need to stop skimming posts.

When it comes to the X52, it is pretty good when it comes to ergonomics. The problem is the rotaries in the throttle. Every single one of them jitters. Furthermore, my X52s had constant disconnects so I returned it. The replacement one on the other hand has buttons that feel way more mushy. Quality is all over the place.

In the end I think it is good enough for the modern birds, since you don't need extremely precise inputs. Flying the SU25t or the Mig21 was no problem for me with the X52. The Huey is kind of okay if you get used to it. The german Warbirds like the FW190 or the BF109 don't work well, since they have no trim. Holding the stick 2° to the right while flying is not much fun - and the X52 somehow manages to have a certain amount of stiction in the low deflection ranges that make small adjustments hard.

I only ever had the chance to try the X55 at a store, and my sentiments mirror Ralfi's. Not comfortable at all to push buttons. Maybe with a palm rest mod like Sokol sugested it may be bearable, but I could not stand it.

TBH, I am very hard pressed to recommend ANY hotas system at the moment, since every single one of them screws up some very basic feature.

Hmm i see, i want to fly the flaming cliffs planes mainly...

I think i might get the X52 pro, it's the one im more into right now, but, do you know if the Saitek's joysticks are still getting that production problems? (dead inside the box, things not working...) those things...?

Hmm i see, i want to fly the flaming cliffs planes mainly...

I think i might get the X52 pro, it's the one im more into right now, but, do you know if the Saitek's joysticks are still getting that production problems? (dead inside the box, things not working...) those things...?

I bought mine 2 years ago and had to return it two weeks after purchase - had some kind of short circuit or something, so was completely unusable. The replacement has jittery potentiometers and mushy buttons (unfortunately that is no reason for a refund in my country...), so I had to life with that.

So, out of the two X52 Pros I had, both have severe problems. I do not think that quality assurance has improved in those years, if anything Saitek has gotten worse (look at their newest pice of plastic, the farming simulator controller. The pedals are thin plastic sheets!).

The problem is of course, that we as customers don't have much choice between products in this price range. If you can get your hands on a properly working X52 pro, it is actually a nice beginner hotas system.

I have no idea how the g940 performs though.

Callsign "Lion"

I bought mine 2 years ago and had to return it two weeks after purchase - had some kind of short circuit or something, so was completely unusable. The replacement has jittery potentiometers and mushy buttons (unfortunately that is no reason for a refund in my country...), so I had to life with that.

So, out of the two X52 Pros I had, both have severe problems. I do not think that quality assurance has improved in those years, if anything Saitek has gotten worse (look at their newest pice of plastic, the farming simulator controller. The pedals are thin plastic sheets!).

The problem is of course, that we as customers don't have much choice between products in this price range. If you can get your hands on a properly working X52 pro, it is actually a nice beginner hotas system.

I have no idea how the g940 performs though.

That's the main reason i can't pick one, horror stories everywhere, i'd love to make my own joystick and fix all that BS if i could ;-;

I was in the same boat as you about a month ago; very similar funding situation.

Although I live in the US so I was fortunate enough to be able to check Craigslist everyday or so for people selling their HOTAS. Picked up a slightly used X52 pro for $60 and could dedicate the rest of my funds to a Trackir (still waiting to purchase that though).

For all the issues from review and videos I find it miles better than the MADCATZ FLY5 stick I was using...and that stick was perfect for the F-15C (FC3 module).

[sIGPIC]http://i306.photobucket.com/albums/nn266/JINX1391/jinx%20f99th%20sig_zps2hgu4xsl.png[/sIGPIC]

"90% of the people who actually got to fly the F/A-18C

module there (E3 2017) have never even heard of DCS

or are otherwise totally undeserving pieces of trash."

-Pyromanic4002

Or...you could get yourself Freetrack, a DIY solution and either make it yourself or buy from places like this (not necessarily recommending this seller, just showing that people sell this stuff too): http://www.ebay.com/itm/OpenTrack-FreeTrack-Camera-IR-LED-Track-Clip-Pro-is-compatible-to-TrackIR-5-WH-/151751230838

Then you would save the 100 USD needed for a Warthog :)

I have the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X and no, it does not have that little mouse thing like the Warthog has, but I have absolutely no problem with it, I am able to fly the A10C without releasing the stick or the throttle (well apart from when I need to use the mouse to operate the MFD for example, but I saw ralfidude use his mouse rather than the throttle thingy).....as for the cursor on the radar in F15, I use a modifier and the HAT switch, works like a charm

You could consider buying a CH Pro Throttle, and CH Fighter stick (or even a Thrustmaser 16.000M joystick). They are more reliable products.

My friend has an X-55 and he also tells me that they made the joystick way too big and that his normal sized hands can't reach 1/2 the buttons without moving his hand around the stick (which is not easy while you are flying)

Or...you could get yourself Freetrack, a DIY solution and either make it yourself or buy from places like this (not necessarily recommending this seller, just showing that people sell this stuff too): http://www.ebay.com/itm/OpenTrack-FreeTrack-Camera-IR-LED-Track-Clip-Pro-is-compatible-to-TrackIR-5-WH-/151751230838

Then you would save the 100 USD needed for a Warthog :)

That's a great idea!

I also would recommend waiting until the oculus rift and htc vive come out - because the 2nd hand market will probably be flooded with used trackIR 4 and 5's for cheap as many pilots will potentially be using VR.

Edited by TomOnSteam

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Cockpit Spectator Mode

You could consider buying a CH Pro Throttle, and a Thrustmaser 16.000M joystick. They are more reliable products.

That is not a bad idea. Plus the TM 16.000M has hall sensors for the stick, same used in the Warthog. Never have to worry about a dirty/spiking pot there. Plus it also has the TARGET software if using software to create a joystick profile is your thing, and that is the same software used in the Warthog as well - so if ever graduate to the Warthog down the road, would already be familiar with TARGET.

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

Well free tracking is an Idea, but I would really like to get the Track IR 5 or at least the Track IR 4...

Ok but now a question about the X52 pro and the X55

X55 with the hand thingy ''mod'' (to make it easier to press buttons) or X52 Pro?

Btw, i don't like free tracking that much because well, i had some experience with it and it was kind of shite tbh (at least my experience was) so i really want to get the track IR

I have the Thrustmaster T.Flight Hotas X and no, it does not have that little mouse thing like the Warthog has, but I have absolutely no problem with it, I am able to fly the A10C without releasing the stick or the throttle (well apart from when I need to use the mouse to operate the MFD for example, but I saw ralfidude use his mouse rather than the throttle thingy).....as for the cursor on the radar in F15, I use a modifier and the HAT switch, works like a charm

Yeah i was thinking of buying the T-Flight HOTAS but the F14 was announced and I CAN'T only fly FC3 modules now, i just can't, it's the F14 Baby :3

and really want something that is like mid-to-high end? (idk)

But the options are kind of ;-;

Btw, i don't like free tracking that much because well, i had some experience with it and it was kind of shite tbh (at least my experience was) so i really want to get the track IR

You will really love Track IR, well worth it!

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You will really love Track IR, well worth it!

Yeah, that's what everybody says, that's why I really want to get it, it's expensive just like the Warthog, but worth it...

I usually use my Saitek X65F. You probably can't buy it any more but out of my 3 hotas it's my favourite.

Yeah, people say it's a good one but i think it was discontinued...

logitech g940

it has FFB and comes with pedals. I dont know where you going to find a new one but if your budget allows it get it.

pros: FFB, analoge mini joy(on stick usefull for targeting etc) 2 axis wheel on throttle, sperate throtle axis, y and x axis on pedals(breaks)....

cons: no custumer suport, expensive if u can get one, "spike" problems.

i have it for the last 3years and apart having it rewired because the spike problem in the throtle it the an par with the warthog. the ffb is a must for helos and props....

i wish logitech made a upgrade...

That's the main reason i can't pick one, horror stories everywhere, i'd love to make my own joystick and fix all that BS if i could ;-;

Since Warthog and a complete CH set are out of your budget, await the release of VKB Gladiador models in Q-1 2016.

Electronics/sensors will be better than Saitek/CH and at least on pair with Thrustmaster.

Buy the joy first, they promise two models of throttle, so you complete your "HOTAS" in parts.

X55 with the hand thingy ''mod'' (to make it easier to press buttons) or X52 Pro?

R

Take a look: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144122&highlight=x-55+hand+rest

Edited by Sokol1_br