Ok, which HOTAS should i get?

Since Warthog and a complete CH set are out of your budget, await the release of VKB Gladiador models in Q-1 2016.

Electronics/sensors will be better than Saitek/CH and at least on pair with Thrustmaster.

Buy the joy first, they promise two models of throttle, so you complete your "HOTAS" in parts.

Take a look: http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=144122&highlight=x-55+hand+rest

Can't wait till 2016, im coming back to my country at January 9th so i just can't. And i can't buy it here because taxes make things VERY expensive, for example

1 dollar is equals to 3,90 my money, in my money the X52 pro costs 1550 reais...

PC Specs: RTX 2070 (8GB) + I5-9600K + 32GB RAM.

Stuff for the sim: Thrustmaster T16000M HOTAS + TFRP Rudder pedals, Track IR5.

Modules: FC3, A10C, F/A-18C, F16C, F14A/B, MiG-21Bis, AJS-37, F5E, F86F-35, M2000C, Ka-50, P51D, Bf-109K4, Fw-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk IX, L39, CA.

Maps: Persian Gulf, NTTR, Normandy 1944 + WWII Assets Pack.

Campaigns: A10C:The Enemy Within.

Well, since you live in the "wrongpartoftheworld", have budget restriction, the options:

Saitek X-52 or PRO or X-55.

Tm T.16000M HALL + CH PRO Throttle.

The above joy use contactless sensor in X-Y axis but the grip have few (4) buttons = + 12 on base, 6 in "wrong" side, gamepad like buttons and that "toy" look.

The throttle - 1 axis, mini-stick, 20 push buttons (16 in 4 HAT's) no rotaries and "slider" action, and the grip is a genuine replica of a ... "cassava". :D

BTW - The warranty of these products buy outside are not valid in your country - this, if are official retailers there...

Curiosity, for what simulator/planes will be your main use of that "HOTAS"?

HOTAS should be first of all durable and precised. Saitek does not excel on either of these two. The only one for now achieving both goals is the Warthog.

However, I have a G940, not the most precised or durable either. But I have preferred to tune in heavily by changing even the controller for thrust. I have added to it some extra set of switches and buttons... all these because I cannot play without ForceFeedback. G940 Joystick precision is as good as any other 1024 bits joystick with no weathering factors becasue is contactless, based on hall sensors. G940 general ergonomy is also very good and it fits for both big hands and small hands (for kids).

Romanian Community for DCS World

HW Specs: AMD 7900X, 64GB RAM, RTX 4090, HOTAS Virpil, MFG, CLS-E, custom

However, I have a G940, not the most precised or durable either. But I have preferred to tune in heavily by changing even the controller for thrust.

In that case longevity and "tuning" not beating the CH Products (I have a CH Combatstick that duel in Warbirds Online in the end of 90's, all il-2 Sturmovik (original) series, CloD, BoS and fly Ka-50 and Mig-21 in DCS, in between receive new USB controller and DIY HALL sensor in X, Y axis. :joystick:

Jogui3000

A CH PRO Throttle + CH F16 Fighterstick or Combatstick (I prefer this for WW II planes, due have more press buttons and less HAT's) fit in your budget. Look at Amazom.

Until get a Rudder Pedal can use the mini-stick (analog axis with return to center) in the throttle for control the rudder. Is matter to training your dragon... er. thumb. :D

I had the Warthog and the throttle died because it's inside looks like the result of someones worst friday night. Before the Warthog I had an X-52 stick that died.

Decided to buy this throttle and it'll arrive at the end of this week, so I don't know if it's good or anything. But it looks neat and at least I'm not supporting known bullshit companies.

Saw they had a cheap nice-looking stick too, so if you're looking for something cheap this might be worth a look. (Don't know where they ship though).

https://flightsimcontrols.com/store/available/gametrix-ecs-throttle/

https://flightsimcontrols.com/store/available/defender-cobra-m5-joystick-revb/

My DCS stream

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Past broadcasts, Highlights

Currently too much to do... But watch and (maybe) learn something :)

But, Do these sell in stores like Best buy for example?

and also, do they have that mouse thingy with them?

Modules: FC3, A10C, F/A-18C, F16C, F14A/B, MiG-21Bis, AJS-37, F5E, F86F-35, M2000C, Ka-50, P51D, Bf-109K4, Fw-190D9, Spitfire LF Mk IX, L39, CA.

Just saw the CH products in amazon and they are not compatible with windows 10 :/

K, i checked some reviews and it seens it does have the mouse thingy.

But is it durable? does it last?

(Btw do you think i can have all my radar functions (F15C) maped to it and still be able to fire, launch countermeasures, ECM, jettison weapons, those things...?)

Btw just saw that it is indeed compatible with windows 10 :)

CH products look like cheap toys but are actually pretty high quality. Some claim that they "last a lifetime" (CH actually makes most of its profit with industrial joysticks). I only have the pedals, and they are pretty solid.

One disadvantage with the CH throttle is that it is only 8 Bit resolution (256 steps). However, that's still more than my X52 throttle with its constant jittering. The CH throttle does not look all that ergonomic or cool - it has a proper ministick however. It also does not move at an arc but is slid forward and backwards

To set up all functions you will probably need to use modifiers. The CH throttle has some handy buttons for every finger on its backside that can serve that purpose.

CH throttle + T1.6000m may actually be a pretty good combo. You can get the T1.6000m for s little as 40 bucks and the CH throttle will probably outlast you.

Edited by Viersbovsky

Callsign "Lion"

I'll put in a positive for CH Products. I had their Pro Throttle, Combat Stick and rudder pedals years ago when they had serial port adapters instead of USB. I used them for years. The only reason I replaced them was because of the incompatibility with newer OS's not having serial port recognition. Great stuff.

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

Hmm, thanks for the advice, Good to see that are good options with prices i can afford, I wanted to get the X52 pro but i was so afraid, I might stick with the CH Joystick and throttle then, thanks a lot!

But is (CH) it durable? does it last?

Well, one of my joysticks (have ~6), a CH, last since 1998 - and not in the shelf: :thumbup:

"I have a CH Combatstick that duel in Warbirds Online in the end of 90's, all il-2 Sturmovik (original) series after 2001, CloD, BoS and fly Ka-50 and Mig-21 in DCS, in between receive new USB controller (BU0836) and DIY HALL sensor in X, Y axis". In the hand of two different "vir'pilots".

- They are plastic, but plastic reinforced with Nylon, the above have suffered a tumbling from the desk that would have broken a Cougar or Warthog Zamak body.

- They are ugly, looks a 1980 Fiat car, but are functional, their buttons dont need 1.5 KG of force to be actuated.

- They are easy to "mod"/update (with 3rd. parts), or replace parts.

BTW - One of actual WWII MP "Top Gun" - Mr.X use then. ;)

Edited by Sokol1_br

I'll give my input.

I've tried the X52, X55, CH (Stick only, not throttle), and the X65F. I'm decided I like the X55 the best.

X52: I used this for long while. I liked it quite a bit, it is very very comfortable in my hand. That's probably the biggest of its pros for me. It has a good amount of buttons and I like the throttle and rotaries. The two stage trigger is a nice touch as well. Cons are that it feels more plastic than more expensive sticks, and it's a bit too lightweight. I eventually got pretty annoying 'stiction' that I couldn't remedy, I tried a bunch of lubricants that didn't help much. Also it looks a lot more 'game-y' than more expensive sticks. Overall I think it's a very nice hotas considering the price.

CH Stick: I bought the stick only and tried it. I bought it used and it ended up having a broken hat switch so I sent it back. I'm actually glad it was faulty so I had a reason to return it. On the positive side, it felt very sturdy. It was stable with good weight and felt like it was built well. The downside: I found it very uncomfortable to use for me personally. I felt the stick had too much resistance to precise movements in general. Also it didn't fit my hand very well. I'm sure it's a good stick for some people, but not for me.

X65F: A very quality Hotas. It feels very solid and well made. The throttle is very nice and smooth and the button placement is generally nice. It also looks very cool. But... I couldn't get used to the non-moving stick. It works well, but I just couldn't use it as effectively so I had to change, and it didn't help that it was sort of big for my hand. Also, why couldn't they have included the toggles from the cheaper X55 in the X65F throttle!! But I liked the general feel of this hotas.

Finally X55: This is what I'm using now. I like it a lot. It feels pretty sturdy (not as much as the X65F, but good enough for me). The stick is smooth, probably not like a Warthog but I'm happy with it. I also LOVE the toggle switches on the throttle base, they're probably my favorite feature. Button placement is good and I think there are plenty enough. The only cons for me are that, like the X65F, it doesn't fit my hand perfect like the X52 did, but it doesn't bother me too much. Also, it could be heavier to make it a bit more stable but it's not too bad. Overall, it's my go to right now and the price didn't kill me. :D

Hope you find this helpful. :)

• Like 1

the X-55 and warthog are totally different, the x-55 is worth 200$, its cheap, but works and has a crap ton of axis and buttons...

the warthog is beefier, better quality, but not as many axis or buttons, expensive.

I have an X-55, it works fine for me,

I'm thinking about buying the warthog, but not 100% sure yet, since I'm not sure I could play DCS with less buttons and axis (without using shift/mode buttons)

Edited by Hadwell

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

TM, Saitek, CH, All made in Taiwan, why won't they just work (yeah, its a play on Armageddon). ;)

i9 9900K @ 5.1Ghz - ASUS Maximus Hero XI - 32GB 4266 DDR4 RAM - ASUS RTX 2080Ti - 1 TB NVME - NZXT Kraken 62 Watercooling System - Thrustmaster Warthog Hotas (Virpil Base) - MFG Crosswind Pedals - Pimax 5K+

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

My X52 Pro is a pretty nice stick, one of the better joysticks I have had.

As a total aside - do not get saitek pedals. They soon degrade, my saitek pro combat pedals broke within 4 months of receiving them.

Saving up for some crosswinds at christmas, as the CH pedals look too plastic for me to enjoy them.

V.O.D.K.A. Squadron: Northern Wolves - Red ones go faster!

I've had my Saitek pedals for 2 years. No issues.

VFA-25 Fist Of The Fleet

I've had my Saitek pedals for 2 years. No issues.

Typical Saitek for you. It either works well, or it plain ol doesnt work / breaks. No inbetween (as evidenced by my joystick).

But honestly anything im pushing around with my legs, I want made out of metal.

V.O.D.K.A. Squadron: Northern Wolves - Red ones go faster!

i had x-52, i didin't like it because stick used to contact with it's base, always had to use lubricate, hate it, even don't want to remember

now i have ch set, but i don't recommend it. thorttle broke within 2 years.

now i am chasing for a good tm warthog deal

FC3 | UH-1 | Mi-8 | A-10C II | F/A-18 | Ka-50 III | F-14 | F-16 | AH-64 Mi-24 | F-5 | F-15E| F-4| Tornado

Persian Gulf | Nevada | Syria | NS-430 | Supercarrier // Wishlist: CH-53 | UH-60

Youtube

MS FFB2 - TM Warthog - CH Pro Pedals - Trackir 5

the X-55 and warthog are totally different, the x-55 is worth 200$, its cheap, but works and has a crap ton of axis and buttons...

the warthog is beefier, better quality, but not as many axis or buttons, expensive.

I have an X-55, it works fine for me,

I'm thinking about buying the warthog, but not 100% sure yet, since I'm not sure I could play DCS with less buttons and axis (without using shift/mode buttons)

The two reasons I went with the X-55 instead of the warthog is due to helos and space sims. As far as helos, I imagine the warthog is too stiff for smooth flight. For space sims I want the extra buttons and rotaries the X-55 has.

So far I have been one of the lucky ones and not had any issues with my X-55.... but any time I suggest someone buy one I say get it from a return friendly store.

5900X - 32 GB 3600 RAM - 1080TI

My Twitch Channel

~Moo