Help Clarify - DCSW 1.5Beta, 2.0Alpha and NTTR MAp Upgrades

Igor4U

Any help clarifying these Upgrade Options appreciated.

A few Questions:

===============================================

I'm currently running DCS World version 1.2.16

So if I download and install both:

- DCS World 1.5 Beta

- DCS World 2.0 Alpha

Are they each separate stand alone installs in separate (Drive) storage locations ?

or

Are they sequential upgrades that over-write the subsequent version in the same Storage location ?

If they are separate Stand-Alone Installs - how do you get your Pay-ware (other aircraft) Modules up and running ? Do you use the Module Manager and have to activate each Module in each new DCS World Version ?

===================================================

As for the NEVADA Test and Training Range (NTTR) Map:

* I have pre-purchased the NTTR Map*

- Does downloading DCS World 2.0 Alpha also automatically include NTTR Map ?

- Is NTTR Map a Module ? Can you download, install and activate NTTR Map using the Module Manager, or must you use the Web Installer ?

- Understand NTTR Map only works in DCS World 2.0 ?

Thanx for the Help !

:thumbup:

They are Separate Versions.

1.5 Introduces EDGE/DX11, Among other fixes and features.

2.0 I troduces the New uneerlying Terrain Engine that allows multipleaps to be used.

2.0 Is NTTR only at the moment until BlackSea is converted to the elformat the new Engine Uses.

1.5 is Black Sea only as the new Terrain Engine to handle multiple terrains is not present in this version.

Once you dload and install 1.5,

the 2.0 installer will copy about 17GB to the 2.0 install, then download another 2 or so gb.

Nttr and Aircraft modules are downloaded separately after Base DCS2.0 is installed.

Windows 10 Pro, Ryzen 2700X @ 4.6Ghz, 32GB DDR4-3200 GSkill (F4-3200C16D-16GTZR x2),

ASRock X470 Taichi Ultimate, XFX RX6800XT Merc 310 (RX-68XTALFD9)

3x ASUS VS248HP + Oculus HMD, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS + MFDs

Looks like you have most of it about right.

Yes, both 1.5 Open Beta and 2.0 Open Alpha will install to separate directories.

You get your modules through module manager.

Likewise with the Nevada terrain for 2.0.

You will need your serial key for Nevada to activate it in module manager once downloaded. You should be able to get that from the DCS E-store under your account.

Currently Nevada only for 2.0, eventually the Caucases will be included.

Both 1.5 and 2.0 use the new Edge engine, and it is beautiful with very good performance.

1.5 is kind of a stepping stone to 2.0.

Hope this helps,

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|

You can have all three running as separate installs if you want to since they are installed in separate folders. DCS 2.0 Alpha DOES NOT include NTTR. You will have to purchase it and then install it into 2.0. Not sure if the MM supports the map yet (haven't tried since I installed it using the command prompt). And yes, the NTTR map only works in 2.0 and it is the only map that works in 2.0 since Caucasus isn't updated to the new terrain engine yet. Modules that you own are automatically activated in 2.0 (and 1.5) when you have them bound to your DCS account.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

My computer specs below:

CPU: Intel Core i5 3570K@4.2GHz | CPU Cooler: Corsair Hydro H100 | GPU: MSI Nvidia GTX 680 2GB Lightning 2GB VRAM @1.3GHz | RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance LP DDR3 1600 | SSD 1: Corsair Force 3 120GB (SATA 6) | SSD 2: Samsung 850 EVO 500GB (SATA 6) | Hybrid disc: Seagate Momentus Hybrid 500/4GB (SATA 3) | Keyboard: QPAD MK-85 | Mouse: QPAD 5K LE | TrackIR 5 + Track Clip Pro | Thrustmaster HOTAS Warthog | MFG Crosswind | OS: Win7/64

I only run DCS World 2.0 with the NTTR map and purchased the Hawk and Sabre on Steam, but they do not show up in the Module Manager in DCS 2.0. I then download them from the ED store and tried to install into DCS 2.0, but get a message advising that I need DCS 1.216.

Does anyone know if have to have DCS 1.216 installed as well to use the Hawk and Sabre?

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

In theory You shouldn't have to, but maybe installers and updater don't quite work correctly in your unusual scenario (installing 2.0 without any previous version already on the disc).

Did You try to force updater into installing the Sabre and Hawk modules manually, as explained in instruction here?

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=114030

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

No sir, I will try that. Thank you.

"We sleep safe in our beds because rough men stand ready in the day and night to visit violence on those who would do us harm".

---------------------------------------------------------

Intel i-9 9900k @ 5.0 Ghz, EVGA 2080tiFTW3 11Gb, Corsair H115 PRO water cooler, Gigabyte AorusMaster motherboard, EVGA Super Nova 1000 watt G+ powersupply, G.SKILL 64Gb ram @3800 MHz, HP EX 920 M.2 PCIe 3TB,Windows 10Pro x64

I was wondering, which version will be upgraded into the stable 2.0 once it is out of beta and

alpha.

Will the now stable 1.26 be upgraded to 2.0 or will the 2.0 alpha we have just now be upgraded

into 2.0 stable?

We don't know yet. Quote from Wags:

Once the Nevada map exits the Alpha stage, it and DCS World 2.0 will be merged into the stable, release version of DCS World or the Open Beta (TBD).

• 2 weeks later...

Will 1.2 Update to 1.5, or is 1.5 a New Clean Install ?

Reference DCS World News Letter 11-Dec-2015

==================================

DCS World 1.5.2 Update

Today we have updated DCS World Open Beta to Ver. 1.5.2 with the following primary changes:

Stability improvements

Continued work on Chinese localization and textures

New Mi-8MTV2 features like anti-icing “SECTION X” lamps and current heating for windows

Fixes and improvements to the L-39C.

F-86F improvements, including improved input for clock, canopy controls, rudder switch and fire warning system

MiG-15bis improvements, including: fixed marker activation over NDBs and adjusted G-suit performance

A-10C improvements, including fixes for no elevation data for init position, manually entered coordinates of init position not changing, and RWR switch being set to OFF when starting hot or from runway.

Corrected NDB and VOR positions.

Fixed memory leaks.

Updated Magic II and Super 530D performance.

Updated and corrected Encyclopedia.

Ver. 1.5. This version includes all the same content as Ver. 1.2, but uses the new graphics engine. At the end of December 2015, we plan to move Ver. 1.5 out of Open Beta and make it the new released (stable) version. At that time, Ver. 1.2 will no longer be updated and supported.

You can download it here: http://www.digitalcombatsimulator.com/en/downloads/world/1.5/

==================================================================================

I see 1.5 Beta is fragged to be the New Full-Up DCS World Version by Year's End succeeding 1.2.

Does it have to be manually downloaded and Cleanly installed from Scratch - or will 1.2 offer to Update at Update Prompt at Startup (when 1.5 is Final and Ready) ?

THANX !

I see 1.5 Beta is fragged to be the New Full-Up DCS World Version by Year's End succeeding 1.2.

Does it have to be manually downloaded and Cleanly installed from Scratch - or will 1.2 offer to Update at Update Prompt at Startup (when 1.5 is Final and Ready) ?

THANX !

Excerpt from the official announcement by Wags:

Why the need for a separate, stand-alone build you ask? Because at this time the Nevada map and the Black Sea map use two different evolutions of the terrain engine (T4 for Nevada and T3 for the Black Sea). We are still in the process of converting the Black Sea map to T4 which will allow both maps to co-exist in the same DCS version. In order to release Nevada this month, we needed to create a separate version.

The current release version and Open Beta will stay intact.

Once the Nevada map exits the Alpha stage, it and DCS World 2.0 will be merged into the stable, release version of DCS World or the Open Beta (TBD).

I take that to mean one of two things will happen, either 1.5 will update to the release, or 1.2 will.

I myself am keeping all three versions installed just for convenience. Honestly I think whichever you have is going to be fine, you will be able to get it regardless - just may effect how much time spent downloading...

Don B

EVGA Z390 Dark MB | i9 9900k CPU @ 5.1 GHz | Gigabyte 4090 OC | 64 GB Corsair Vengeance 3200 MHz CL16 | Corsair H150i Pro Cooler |Virpil CM3 Stick w/ Alpha Prime Grip 200mm ext| Virpil CM3 Throttle | VPC Rotor TCS Base w/ Alpha-L Grip| Point Control V2|Varjo Aero|