Strange Problem

My bro is facing a weird problem that i don't understand. Basically, whenever he locks onto to something (either in BVR mode or BORE site mode) once he press ctrl (for whatever reason- such as to trim) he looses his lock. Anyone know why? It has become an annoying problem.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

but he is not pressing ctrl-tab. He is pressing ctrl ;.,/ for trimming or sometimes when he press ctrl-h, or ctrl-w it all unlocks the target. basically, pressing ctrl alone on the joystick or on the keyboard unlocks the target. I already checked the key commands in the options menu and nothing seems to be wrong.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Sounds weird. My first reaction also was the key bindings, but since you already have checked that, my next idea is to ask if he has any HOTAS connected, that for example "presses" some keys in any way/changes mode - like the dogfight-button on the Cougar?

If he does not have the joystick connected, then the keys work fine. Once he plug it in, with or without a profile. Everything in the optons menu is cleared out, pressing ctrl still breaks the target.

this is the same pinciple applies to alt key. Once he press that key, for some reason the auto pilot jumps in.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]