Another GFX effect : Vapour @ fuselage, Dump & Burn...(pics)

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

BTW: How can I put images not only URLs exactly? ...im tried but failed :(...Xamples?

Atop the midnight tarmac,

a metal beast awaits.

To be flown below the radar,

to bring the enemy his fate.

HAVE A BANDIT DAY !

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

"When I'm working on a problem, I never think about beauty. I think only how to solve the problem. But when I have finished, if the solution is not beautiful, I know it is wrong." - R. Buckminster Fuller (1895 - 1983), American Architect, Author, Designer, Inventor, and Futurist

These effects were in Flanker 2.5 but were actually remove from Lock On because FPS took a big hit...

As far as this effect returning I guess we'll just have to wait and see..

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

I'm going to make a guess here ... I think these effects might not be put in until ED moves to, say, DX 10

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Reminder: SAM = Speed Bump :D

I used to play flight sims like you, but then I took a slammer to the knee - Yoda

These effects were in Flanker 2.5 but were actually remove from Lock On because FPS took a big hit...

Sorry, that's not the case here :D

These effects can be easily achieved with just few polys and single low weight texture. You really don't need to use bilions of shaded particles per cm^3.

51PVO Founding member (DEC2007-)

100KIAP Founding member (DEC2018-)

:: Shaman aka [100☭] Shamansky

tail# 44 or 444

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] 100KIAP Regiment Early Warning & Control officer

sorry about the previous post - the server seeed to crash.

You can't display an image using the link to a page it's embedded in.

Try uploading the images to somewhere like photobucket, which gives you preconfigured tags to paste here.

Alternatively, if you can find the url for just the image, you can paste that with the tags changed to - just paste the link, post then edit the tags in your post.

Cheers.

What for is this dumb and burn thing used for?

As a deceoy for infrared homing missiles?

Just for show off?

Burning aircraft down before ejecting? (especially when ejecting over enemy territory)

:)

0636917.jpg

Do you mean posting direct like this? Its not too hard really. I won't insult your intelligence by giving you a step by step guide.

Those guys are just dumping fuel to make aircraft lighter, then the fuel is ignited. I guess it is better setting the fuel on fire than dumping it over someones back yard.

No offense people, but if I had a list of feature requests in lockon, these graphical niceities would be way down. Functionality over prettyness especial when it comes to this kind of stuff. Thats how I feel anyway, obviously you will disagree.

EDIT:

And just to add, I would not advocate posting those images direct to the thread. 1) They are large and so bandwidth hungry, not everyone will appreciate having to download them all. 2) People may not want to be hit full on with these pictures, people (like me) my only want to look at 3-4 pictures to see what you are on about, and dont want to have to look through them all. So having them as links is the best option, you got it right firsrt time.

Nice pics though.

BTW: How can I put images not only URLs exactly? ...im tried but failed :(...Xamples?

You can use http://www.imageshack.us also. It can even take a photo from a site and rehost it if you provide a direct link; this way you can ease the bandwidth use of the original site (obviously if not prohibited by copyrights). Imageshack which will provide many types of links. You may choose the second one wich is a nice a small thumb-link picture of your big picture.

like this:

cumsa2yq.th.jpg

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

I5 4670k, 32GB, GTX 1070, Thrustmaster TFRP, G940 Throttle extremely modded with Bodnar 0836X and Bu0836A,

Warthog Joystick with F-18 grip, Oculus Rift S - Almost all is made from gifts from friends, the most expensive parts at least

Isn't the F-111 the only aircraft that can do the dump & burn anyways? It's a cool idea, but somewhat pointless, as there is no F-111 in LOMAC. :doh:

I think the Tomcat could do dump & burns, the engines are a little to far apart, I think, so the pilot would have to yaw to one side. That would be a nice send off for the last flying F-14.

I think the Tomcat could do dump & burns, the engines are a little to far apart, I think, so the pilot would have to yaw to one side. That would be a nice send off for the last flying F-14.

IIRC the Tomcat fuel dump pipe is offset to one side, so in theory you could light it with a single afterburner ;)

Not sure how many aircraft can actually do it - the RAAF use it with the F-111 for apparently the single purpose of showing off! :D

Use the Quick Reply at the end of a thread. At the top left there are 8 icons. The second right most icon says 'insert image' when you mouse over it. Put the URL of the image here at the pop up box. eg. http://photos.airliners.net/photos/photos/7/1/9/0636917.jpg

The picture will then appear immediately in the Quick Reply message box. This I find to be the easiest and it's WYSWYG. You'd see the image in the message box before you post.

What for is this dumb and burn thing used for?

As a deceoy for infrared homing missiles?

Just for show off?

Burning aircraft down before ejecting? (especially when ejecting over enemy territory)

:)

Sometimes you have to lower the weight of your aircraft, especially for landing (there is maximum safe landing weight defined for every aircraft) or if you have some trouble (e.g. emergency landing). If you fly an aircraft with a dump-and-burn option, you can do this task very quickly. If you don't (majority of planes doesn't have this option), you have to fly for a while to burn fuel and lower the weight this way.

...display pilots like this feature too, of course :)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AMD Athlon 64 3000+ (Venice, OC to 2,66 GHz), MSI K8N Neo Platinum (nForce 3 250 Gb), 1,5 GB Corsair PC-3200 RAM, GeForce 7800GS 256 MB VGA (G71, OC to 535/1550 MHz, ForceWare 84.21), 2 x 300 GB Maxtor DiamondMax 10 SATA HDD (RAID 0), SB Audigy 2 ZS, 480W Thermaltake PurePower TWV PSU, Win XP SP2, MS SideWinder Precision 2, Belkin Nostromo n52 SpeedPad, HP L1902

The majority of fighters can dump fuel, they all can't ignite it, thats all. The F-111s dump and burn does not use up fuel any faster by igniting fuel that has already left the fuel tanks. An F-15 can dump and burn, the fuel will dump from the right wing tip, it cn go to full AB, but nothing will happen. It is still using up fuel as fast as it possibly can. Although not really a dump and burn.

Only Austriallian F-111 pilots do dump and burns at air shows. USAF pilots used to do it (when they had F-111s) very briefly before it was banned in the US.

Sorry, that's not the case here :D

These effects can be easily achieved with just few polys and single low weight texture. You really don't need to use bilions of shaded particles per cm^3.

Apparently your right about the the effects being easily achieved, It was posted on the forums when 1.0 was released that FPS hit was the reason why they were missing...

But the reaility is that the programmer had left and the effects just weren't ready at the time of release...

There is now a new programmer, but can we expect to see these implemented at this time? Probably not as he's very much involved in creating new effects...

~S~

Blaze

intel Cor i7-6700K

ASUS ROG MAX VIII Extreme

G.Skill TridentZ Series 32 GB

Samsung 850 Pro 1TB SATA II

ASUS GTX 1080/DIRECTX 12

Windows 10 PRO

Thrustmaster Warthog

Oculus Rift VR

• 2 weeks later...

that would be the aircraft about to break/just broke the sound barrier. Im sure someone will be able to explain in detail what causes the effects.

As for the dump n burn, like previously stated most large planes can dump fuel but the burning part all depends on where the fuel dump point is on the ac. On the 111 its inbetween the Engines and when in full AB the heat ignites the fuel.