Weapon loadout

Para_Bellum

Armat Sead missile is also possible, but it has to be decided first.

Please please please. This would make everything complete. And make everything good for the lack of a AIM-120C kind of weapon. Would be nice attacking SAM's from a relative safe distance. And would bring a objective to MP to protect your main base SAM's.

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

Am i talking about balance? Please point me to it. And where did i mention star craft. They are still discussing if they should include this weapon. So somewhere they think it might be realistic. I'm just pointing out the extra gameplay features we would get with it.

And i don't really care what is first. I care what it can or can not do. And if that includes a SEAD weapon i will happily take it.

Is it now a bad thing these day's to be excited for something? And point out with passion why you like such a weapon?

Edited by winchesterdelta1

Go in close, and when you think you are too close, go in closer.

ARMAT has never been mounted nor tested on Mirage 2000C RDI on standard S5, the one modeled by RAZBAM. It hasn't passed the tests (trials on C S1) stage. And I'm not even sure these tests on S1 aircraft were concerning weapon integration, probably just aerodynamics validation.

Please not Armat discussion again !

It's air defence fighter first, not SEAD aircraft !

I was just quoting the devs.

They know better than either of us.

I personally hope that they follow up on their words and deliver ARMAT like they said they would.

I was just quoting the devs.

They know better than either of us.

I personally hope that they follow up on their words and deliver ARMAT like they said they would.

I had family in FAF, I've been reading FAF press since my childhood.

I was in Cambrai FAF Air Base (home of 1/12 Cambrésis and 2/12 Picardie : 2 Mirage 2000 C S5 squadrons) in 1993 for Tiger Meet. And as far as I remember 2/12 was transitioning from Mirage F1 to Mirage 2000 by then.

And I never saw any picture of French Mirage 2000 with Martel/ Armat missile in operational service. The only one existing are early Mirage 2000 C RDM from Dijon, and it was probably for export support since it was showcased in Paris Airshow.

Mirage 2000 C squadrons used to spend 80% of their training (180h/ year) in air defense. Does anyone think it there is any room left for SEAD training ?

Even Jaguar didn't dare to use Martel in Kosovo in 1999 despite Serbian air defense.

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

The Mirage 2000C isn't just used by France, so what the ADA uses is not of much concern.

Indeed yes. Mirage 2000 C RDI is French only (excepted late second hand export to Brasil). Export were Mirage 2000 E RDM.

We already had lengthy talk about that...

Please read here before further talks:

http://forums.eagle.ru/showthread.php?t=147288

Edited by jojo

Mirage fanatic !

I7-7700K/ MSI RTX3080/ RAM 64 Go/ SSD / TM Hornet stick-Virpil WarBRD + Virpil CM3 Throttle + MFG Crosswind + Reverb G2.

Flickr gallery: https://www.flickr.com/gp/71068385@N02/728Hbi

Mig-21bis has KH-66 and it's working out just fine. It was tested with it but not used in practice, and yet it is in DCS and it's a lot of fun!

F-15's never shot down Flankers over Georgia and yet we do it in DCS! It's fun! DCS is wonderful when it comes to that!

ARMAT is not on French Mirage 2000C?

Well we have other liveries from other countries included in the Mirage 2000C module! We'll use it on Egyptian Mirage then if need be!

Or I'll make a Darth Vader skin for a Mirage 2000 and shoot down Luftwaffe FW-190's with it. DCS is marketed as a sandbox sim and there are plenty of cases where DCS isn't 100% real to life for the sake of gameplay. FC3 planes are the prime example! And they're selling the most copies! They're fun to fly!

I hope that ARMAT is getting included. Because it's going to be fun to use! :)

It's up to devs to decided though! They've yet to make a statement!

Edited by Slipp

The problem is, exported Mirages were modified to reflect customers demand.

They have bit different consoles and avionics(e.g. Sea Search mode and Exocet, ATLIS II and AS-30L).

I don't know but there must be a established procedure for ARMAT, but if that needs alternative consoles and/or buttons, it can't be done with original S5 RDI cockpit.

It's not easy addition, unlike Kh-66 on mig.

About ARMAT missile. . .

I have several friend who would buy M2000 if SEAD capable. Even if M2000C had not Armat fielded, if it had been possible I would like to get. DCS World is one big "What if/What could be" simulator, and it is not unreasonable for M2000C to use SEAD missile if need had arise. MiG 21Bis has Grom which it had not in real use, but COULD have.

Devs please give us Armat! This would make aircraft so much better use! Those who do not like can not use!

We VERY much need additional SEAD aircraft, SU 25T is just so slow! Lol

About ARMAT missile. . .

I have several friend who would buy M2000 if SEAD capable. Even if M2000C had not Armat fielded, if it had been possible I would like to get. DCS World is one big "What if/What could be" simulator, and it is not unreasonable for M2000C to use SEAD missile if need had arise. MiG 21Bis has Grom which it had not in real use, but COULD have.

Devs please give us Armat! This would make aircraft so much better use! Those who do not like can not use!

We VERY much need additional SEAD aircraft, SU 25T is just so slow! Lol

+1

Great points, I agree.

Some discussions just won't die.

Unless concretely proven otherwise, ARMAT doesn't belong on Mirage 2000C RDI, AIM-120 doesn't belong on F-14, and Skyflash doesn't belong on AJS-37.

I don't care what so ever about historically or geographically correct theaters, but I care a lot about accuracy of aircraft. Sandbox and What if don't mean the same thing, and DCS is Sandbox, not What-if :).

From what I have been able to learn about ARMAT, it isn't even the SEAD missile you people want since it seems to only be able to target a few radar types (a few as in not more than fingers of a hand).

Once the gates are open, this sort of thing will have no end, "see Mirage has the ARMAT, why not R-77 on Su-27?", "hey, we don't have F-15E, so why not make F-15C air-gorund capable?" or, "since we don't / won't have newer Sukhois, lets add all sorts of precision air-gorund ordnance of Su-30 and Su-34 on our Su-27" or "i don't care whether it happened in RL or not, I want iglas, aphids and archers on my Ka-50" etc.

• Like 2

Wishlist: F-4E Block 53 +, MiG-27K, Su-17M3 or M4, AH-1F or W circa 80s or early 90s, J35 Draken, Kfir C7, Mirage III/V

DCS-Dismounts Script

Some discussions just won't die.

Unless concretely proven otherwise, ARMAT doesn't belong on Mirage 2000C RDI, AIM-120 doesn't belong on F-14, and Skyflash doesn't belong on AJS-37.

I don't care what so ever about historically or geographically correct theaters, but I care a lot about accuracy of aircraft. Sandbox and What if don't mean the same thing, and DCS is Sandbox, not What-if :).

From what I have been able to learn about ARMAT, it isn't even the SEAD missile you people want since it seems to only be able to target a few radar types (a few as in not more than fingers of a hand).

Once the gates are open, this sort of thing will have no end, "see Mirage has the ARMAT, why not R-77 on Su-27?", "hey, we don't have F-15E, so why not make F-15C air-gorund capable?" or, "since we don't / won't have newer Sukhois, lets add all sorts of precision air-gorund ordnance of Su-30 and Su-34 on our Su-27" or "i don't care whether it happened in RL or not, I want iglas, aphids and archers on my Ka-50" etc.

Ever hear slippery slope fallacy? You have it.

Missile could have been fielded, including export models and would be a nice addition. Did Mig 21 with Grom result in R77 on Flanker and such? No it didn't. DCS is sandbox sim there is room for believable alteration when it would have been possible and feasible in real world. SEAD on M2000C is both.

Also we may get Skyflash for Ajs 37 lol

Igla could have been on KA 50 too, all depend on what KA we got cause each different. If ED add Igla tomorrow it not would be totally unrealistic

Edited by VEPR 12

I agree with the decission to make the Armat availible, there is no need to say that if the Mirage has the Armat , F15C will have GBU,s, because is out of context.

Mig 21 has incorrect but beliable amunnition, and I need to see a server that even has them fielded (only nukes for now), things like these can happen with the Mirage, I am not going to compare but this seems to be a good example on how a beliable weapon can work.

There is a little difference with Realistic, plausible and not realistic, the devs should make their decission, because it affects gameplay, accept it or not, a SEAD, or even mini-SEAD would add more play to the module as it does to the Mig 21.

I know is an important decission, some of you will enter on rage, but is up to you to decide to use it, or not, like servers, but do not force us to do not use them because of your despot thinking.

Edited by il_corleone