F4 view position

Hi,

Does anyone know what to edit to move the F4 view forward (& up?) so that it is from directly behind the pilot's headrest?

I'd have thought one of the snapviews, but someone at the UBI forum thought something in the serve.lua, though they didn't say what.

Cheers.

I think you could also use the CTRL+Esc in F2 mode as well, you can then move the camera around the plane.

Shift+Esc in F2 mode but in that view camera doesn't glue to aircraft.

LOCFG is good but it's hard to find this option. You must go to multiplayer section and F4 view option in there.

CODE

heres the code:

IF YOU ARE RUNNING FLAMMING CLIFFS

C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Eagle Dynamics\Lock On\Config\View in the "server.lua" (open with notepad, and look at the bottom of the page)

Code:

function GetRearCameraPosition(iType)

local p = CockpitLocalPoint[iType]

local r = {}

r[1] = p[1] + 0.1

r[2] = p[2] - 1.75

r[3] = p[3] + 0.1

return r[1], r[2], r[3]

end

Notes:

1. You will need to add the vaule for the left/right panning "r[3] = 0" or centered, is the default.

2. The base location for the camera is in the middle of the planes model just behind the canopy.

3. r[1] is the length of the plane from nose to tail, r[2] is the height from the center of the planes model, r[3] is width from wing to wing.

4. The unit of vaule is 1.0=1 meter

I think that is all correct, good luck

from here: http://forum.lockon.ru/showthread.php?t=12059&highlight=F4+view

is this ok?

Question on LOCFG. If I were to use it to change the F4 camera position, can I still launch FC with ModMan 5 and the change still be in affect or do I have to launch FC with LOCFG to make the change stay?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

system specs:

AMD 1100T X6, Asus Crosshair 4 Formula Mobo, 16 Gigs GSkill DDR3, XFX R9-290X 4GB 512-Bit, X-52 flight stick set, Samsung 2560x1440, Win7 64

Question on LOCFG. If I were to use it to change the F4 camera position, can I still launch FC with ModMan 5 and the change still be in affect or do I have to launch FC with LOCFG to make the change stay?

yes run the little program LOCFG, edit what you want then hit save button close LOCFG, then launch lockon....