Logitech G940 motor-stick broken

This evening I noticed my G940 force feedback acting funny.

I tested the forces on the gaming device control panel. Sideways forces were fine, and the stick would pull back, but push forward force was minimal. Also, there was a new weird bump when wiggling the stick forward and back.

I continued testing for driver or config problems but everything software related was fine.

I decided to go ahead and open the stick base and see if anything was broken. It wasn't easy, I had to disassemble the whole stick just to access the base.

As soon as I removed the rubber cover, it was clear something was broken.

The rod (a PLASTIC rod with a tiny reinforcement) that connects the Y motor to the stick base had snapped.

These pics (taken from this post on the logitech forum) show how the ffb motor gears and the rod should look.

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

And this pic shows how the rod snapped. (sorry for the shoddy quality.)

108ai5h.jpg

Anyone who owns a G940 knows how beefy the FFB motors are. What were they thinking when they decided to use a PLASTIC piece to connect the stick and the motors? I guess the same as when they decided to add a cable guide on the throttle that broke that same cable after some use.

I'm going to try to fix it by gluing the piece together and drive a screw through it as reinforcement. It would be better to replace it with something made of metal, but I would have to find someone around here with the tools needed to make a custom part.

With some difficulty, I managed to put a screw through the pin and glue the piece back together. It seems to be holding together for now.

I don't know if Logitech has a spare parts service, but it would be very nice in these cases. It's not like when a cheap mouse breaks and you just buy a new one...

For instance, I had to give up on my previous HOTAS, a Saitek X-52, because the Y axis hall sensor died and there are no stores around selling a replacement.

As an additional note, I had the dead-hand sensor on the stick covered so I could use it to fly in DCS hands off. But because of that, sometimes the stick would start jerking around quite violently if I plugged it in and I didn't have my hand on it.

It had happened to me several times and this damage happened shortly after one of those. I'm not totally sure if they are related, but be aware, just in case.

• 8 months later...
This evening I noticed my G940 force feedback acting funny.

I tested the forces on the gaming device control panel. Sideways forces were fine, and the stick would pull back, but push forward force was minimal. Also, there was a new weird bump when wiggling the stick forward and back.

I continued testing for driver or config problems but everything software related was fine.

I decided to go ahead and open the stick base and see if anything was broken. It wasn't easy, I had to disassemble the whole stick just to access the base.

As soon as I removed the rubber cover, it was clear something was broken.

The rod (a PLASTIC rod with a tiny reinforcement) that connects the Y motor to the stick base had snapped.

These pics (taken from this post on the logitech forum) show how the ffb motor gears and the rod should look.

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

original?v=mpbl-1&px=-1

And this pic shows how the rod snapped. (sorry for the shoddy quality.)

108ai5h.jpg

Anyone who owns a G940 knows how beefy the FFB motors are. What were they thinking when they decided to use a PLASTIC piece to connect the stick and the motors? I guess the same as when they decided to add a cable guide on the throttle that broke that same cable after some use.

I'm going to try to fix it by gluing the piece together and drive a screw through it as reinforcement. It would be better to replace it with something made of metal, but I would have to find someone around here with the tools needed to make a custom part.

Hello

If you decided to sale your broken Logitech G940 Joystick, i would like to Buy it because mine has the main board issue and require to replace it.

Please contact me on

+6738691848

wish to hear from you soon

thank you

Hello

If you decided to sale your broken Logitech G940 Joystick, i would like to Buy it because mine has the main board issue and require to replace it.

Please contact me on

+6738691848

wish to hear from you soon

thank you

I'm sorry to tell you I fixed the stick and I'm not selling it. In fact, i'm looking for a broken stick for parts to make a more permanent repair.