Hear Like in Helmet

sSkullZnBoneZz

Turning on the new function in the Audio options, "Hear Like in Helmet", doesn't seem to make a difference in the sound. In fact, it seems since updating to 2.0 I have lost a lot of highs in the sound when in the cockpit; the sound seems muffled in the cockpit all the time with or without the function on. It is most obvious when flying the UH 1 with the doors open.

Edited by sSkullZnBoneZz

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

TM F/A-18 Stick | Virpil WarBRD | WinWIng F/A-18 HOTAS

Big difference. "Muffled" when this option is ON, because you "wearing" helmet and earbuds. Keep in mind you have to restart the game to apply changes to that option (that how it works for me).

YouTube || Copycats - technology and product clones (primarily aviation) || dgrigoriev.com
SPECS: i7 8700K (OK 5GHz), 2xGTX 3080ti, 64GB RAM, 1Tb SSD, WIN 10, 2560x1440, Oculus Rift CV1 || TM Warthog, TIR5, MFG Crosswind pedals

Big difference. "Muffled" when this option is ON, because you "wearing" helmet and earbuds. Keep in mind you have to restart the game to apply changes to that option (that how it works for me).

I am aware of how it works and what it is suppose to simulate. I have restarted the game after applying it as well. My issue is I don't hear a difference whether activated or not. In fact, it seems to be causing muffled sound on or off.

Edited by sSkullZnBoneZz

Liquid Cooled i9 11900K | GeForce RTX 2080 | 32 gig RAM | SSD Samsung 850 EVO | HP Reverb G2

After further testing I have noticed when I activate the feature and then exit the game it's not checked upon restarting DCS World. I have completed a repair of DCS World which has not corrected the issue. Anyone else notice this?

• 3 weeks later...
Turning on the new function in the Audio options, "Hear Like in Helmet", doesn't seem to make a difference in the sound. In fact, it seems since updating to 2.0 I have lost a lot of highs in the sound when in the cockpit; the sound seems muffled in the cockpit all the time with or without the function on. It is most obvious when flying the UH 1 with the doors open.

The issue has been resolved with the latest update.

i notice the difference going back and forth between 1.5.0 and 2.0.0

and i definitely prefer 2.0.0

however, they really should try to find a little more "cerebral" way to say "sounds like in helmet" ----- like oh maybe "helmet audio attenuation"?

are there any sound engineer types who can offer a better suggestion?

==ps==

on second thought, maybe they're just simply trying to appeal to a wider audience LOL

i7-4790K | Asus Sabertooth Z97 MkI | 16Gb DDR3 | EVGA GTX 980 | TM Warthog | MFG Crosswind | Panasonic TC-58AX800U

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

i notice the difference going back and forth between 1.5.0 and 2.0.0

and i definitely prefer 2.0.0

however, they really should try to find a little more "cerebral" way to say "sounds like in helmet" ----- like oh maybe "helmet audio attenuation"?

are there any sound engineer types who can offer a better suggestion?

==ps==

on second thought, maybe they're just simply trying to appeal to a wider audience LOL

I think I understand what you're saying, but the title probably better fits what they have accomplished. The sound they produce with this feature is more of a muffled sound to give you the idea you have something covering your ears. When you say attenuation you mean to reduce the decibels of certain frequencies; as far as attenuation goes there are charts you can find online that show you exactly what frequencies are attenuated depending on whether you have an SPH-4 helmet or a newer helmet. Using the term attenuation for this feature would be inaccurate because the decibels are not reduced, they're merely muffled.

• 1 month later...

A bit off topic but when enabling this option, all comunicatiins, systems and betty sound waaay too loud!...i guess its due to the fact we have the helmet on but I would like to find a way to enable this and at the same time decrease those sounds volume...sliders in config menu dont seem to make any difference nor I know whats the slider for betty/systems sounds...

Take a look at my MODS here