Feature Request - Airport Parking Navigation

Exorcet

The new bases for NTTR have a lot more parking options than the old map. Trying to find a specific spot can be a challenge. I think a simple addition can reduce the work in trying to place aircraft.

In addition to the parking drop down menu, add arrows to cycle through parking as you do with waypoints. This makes searching much much easier as you don't need to keep opening and scrolling the menu to see what space is called what. You only need one click and don't have to move the mouse.

A step beyond this would be to also add a labeling tickbox for space names, check the box to print space names and locations on the map, uncheck to hide (what we have now). Finally, we could also drag aircraft to specific spots. I think the first suggestion up top makes the most difference for the lowest amount of dev work (I assume).

Awaiting: DCS F-15C

Win 10 i5-9600KF 4.6 GHz 64 GB RAM RTX2080Ti 11GB -- Win 7 64 i5-6600K 3.6 GHz 32 GB RAM GTX970 4GB -- A-10C, F-5E, Su-27, F-15C, F-14B, F-16C missions in User Files

+1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gigabyte Aorus Z390 Elite, Intel i9 9900K, Fractal Design Kelvin S36, Zotac GTX 1070 8GB AMP Extreme, 32GB DDR4 HyperX CL15 Predator Series @ 3000 MHz, Kingston SSD 240GB (OS), Samsung 970 EVO 1TB M.2 NVMe (sim), Fractal Design Define R5 Black Window, EVGA SuperNOVA 750 G2, Win 10 Home x64, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Saitek Pro Flight Rudder Pedals, Thrustmaster MFD Cougar Pack, TrackIR (DelanClip), 3x 27" BenQ EW2740L, Oculus Rift S

+1

In the meantime :

Stitched together a map of Nellis and tagged all the parking spots.

Note:

- Parking spots 01-06 and H01-08 can only be used by helicopters, and are the only spots helicopters can park.

- Large aircraft like the B-1B, C-130 and C-17 can only use a small number of parking spots

- Medium size aircraft (A-10, F-15 etc.) can use most spots.

- Small aircraft (FW-190, P-51, Bf109) can use all spots.

I'd like to make a matrix of what can park where, but that's for another day.

Nellis.png

+1

In the meantime :

Thanks for appreciating my work. I'll get working on an even bigger map of Nellis on Monday where every spot is marked, not just groups of spots.

After that I'll get cracking on Creech and Groom Lake. McCarran comes last as it is mainly a civil airport.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Similar to this but I like all the spots on one map. Good job!

That's what inspired me to do The One Map. ;) It's too cumbersome to have multiple maps for a single airport.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

ASUS Z170-P w/ Intel i7-7700, 32GB DDR4 RAM, SSDs out the wazoo and a GTX 1080Ti,

Oculus Rift CV1, TM Warthog stick and throttle, TM Cougar MFDs, MFG Crosswind pedals and WheelStandPro Warthog (w/ the custom small Warthog plate)

Former F-16 Ground Crew @ RNoAF

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]