Vsync and "texture tearing"

I'm getting excellent graphics in the open alpha apart from one problem. With Vsync enabled in the game options I noticed that the cockpit textures tear badly when I move my TrackIR viewpoint. However, with Vsync disabled in the game options but forced on with my video card, the problem goes away. So I am wondering if the Vsync option in game is actually working at present?

System: Core i5 3570K, 8 Gb DDR RAM, Geforce 660 2Gb (359.06 drivers), Win 7 Ultimate 64 bit.

Yep, noticed that right away too. In theory with in-game setting on, the fps counter shows 60, but blatant tearing proves something ain't right. Switching between windowed mode and full screen doesn't help.

The old 1.5 trick of forcing sync via the drivers and switching to full screen still works though, so I can live with it for now.

i7 9700K @ stock speed, single GTX1070, 32 gigs of RAM, TH Warthog, MFG Crosswind, Win10.

Found an answer for me in an unrelated forum.

Turn Areo in Win7 ON. Turn off game vsync and leave it on in NVIDIA Control Panel.

(Should already be running Run full screen mode via Alt - Enter

Running Aero left me with some minor stuttering, but the tearing is GONE.

Dogs of War Squadron

Call sign "HeadHunter" P-51D /Spitfire Jockey

Gigabyte EP45T-UD3LR /Q9650 3.6Ghz | 16GB DDR3 1600 RipJaws | EVGA GTX-1060 ACX3 FTW | ThrustMaster 16000m & G13 GamePad w/analog rudder stick | TurtleBeach EarForce PX22 | Track IR5 | Vizio 40" 4K TV monitor (stuck temporarily with an Acer 22" :( )

ALT + ENTER is your friend. Unfortunately you will need to enable vsync or adaptive vsync in your nvidia options, but to use them you need to be in true fullscreen mode. There is currently a bug in 1.5 and 2.0 where the "fullscreen" option is actually borderless window, and vsyinc will not work in borderless window. So you will need to ALT + ENTER when entering the cockpit for the first time.

Current specs: Windows 10 Home 64bit, i5-9600K @ 3.7 Ghz, 32GB DDR4 RAM, 1TB Samsung EVO 860 M.2 SSD, GAINWARD RTX2060 6GB, Oculus Rift S, MS FFB2 Sidewinder + Warthog Throttle Quadrant, Saitek Pro rudder pedals.

• 3 weeks later...