NTTR info and mission by the 476

The mod only installs the objects in DCS, there is no mission included (maybe an idea for the nex version).

The link posted by mwd2 links to a mission that is a a representation of the real world NTTR ranges. That mission needs the mod to work.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

I'm not sure what you mean.

Load the google earth link in the sim?

I don't use the normal Google Earth, but I have the VR version and was wondering if those links can be used in the VR version. I don't have any experience with Google Earth, I only had a look round the amazing VR version when I installed it - no idea how it works otherwise. I don't even know how to link to it, but I can ask on the Oculus forum.

So don't worry about it - it doesn't really matter :)

Kneeboard Guides

Rig: Asus B650-GAMING PLUS; Ryzen 7800X3D ; 64GB DDR5 5600; RTX 4080; VPC T50 CM2 HOTAS; SN-1 Pedals; VR = Pico 4 over VD Wireless + Index; Point Control v2

Stupid question, perhaps, but how does one add the Harrier to the list of flyable planes that pops up when launching the mission? Thanks.

PC: AMD Ryzen 9 5950X | MSI Suprim GeForce 3090 TI | ASUS Prime X570-P | 128GB DDR4 3600 RAM | 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD | Win10 Pro 64bit

Gear: HP Reverb G2 | JetPad FSE | VKB Gunfighter Pro Mk.III w/ MCG Ultimate

VKBNA_LOGO_SM.png

VKBcontrollers.com

Weird.

Can you show me the content of the folder "476 Range Targets 22OCT17" ?

Also, make absolutely sure there's no more 476 range target folder in your DCS install left under mods\tech.

So the saved games location should be the only one where you have it.

MOD.PNG.0e713de076f4989a589b17bcd925eed4.PNG

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

I luv this mod, and I've been using it a year and a half now :thumbup:

There are only 2 things I can think of that I would like to have added, well actually to the Target Range Script.

One would be if it told me on bombing targets in which direction my hits are offset from the center of the target, with my run-in as the reference. Currently it only tells me hit so-n-so many feet from target (it's nearly impossible to get an exact hit, at least for me :huh:), but not if the hit was 20 feet right, or short or long, and I'm kind of an old man flying with VR. It's a major task for me to look 180° over my shoulder to see where the impact was, without getting out of my seat :(

When you hit the wrong button on take-off

hwl7xqL.gif

System Specs.

Spoiler
System board: MSI X670E ACE Memory: 64GB DDR5-6000 G.Skill Ripjaw System disk: Crucial P5 M.2 2TB
CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 7800X3D PSU: Corsair HX1200 PSU Monitor: ASUS MG279Q, 27"
CPU cooling: Noctua NH-D15S Graphics card: MSI RTX 3090Ti SuprimX VR: Oculus Rift CV1

Hey Stuka...

Any chance of an updated target listing?

Sierra

Edited by Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

Hey Stuka...

Any chance of an updated target listing?

Sierra

I’m working on something. Might be slightly better than the pdf list. :smilewink:

dUJOta.jpg

I’m working on something. Might be slightly better than the pdf list. :smilewink:

Well allllllllriiiiiiiiighty then!

(Thank you sir)

Sierra

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

I get a huge FPS hit when I load this. Normally I'm at 50-75 FPS but with this I'm getting 20-25. I understand there are a TON of objects in this mission so some performance hit is expected but I feel like perhaps I'm missing something in how everyone else is using it.

Thanks.

--Waxer

Edited by enza
Additional comments

Do you two have Tacview recording? With that many objects it can be a real CPU hog. Particarly on a ~2012 i5. (I have the same chip)

I appreciate that Tacview is a necessity for many of us, but try disabling it and report back.

If you are running Tacview, the proper way to disable it is inside of DCS' special menu for Tacview (Launch DCS< go to Settings -> Special -> Tacview) and disable recording.

Edited by Ragtop
Revised disable process for Tacview - Courtesy of Dojo

476th vFG Alumni