NTTR info and mission by the 476

Stuka,

Are there any updates for this map? The WIP Screen shots show multiple targets up in the "70s" ranges but none in the map released...

Just curious.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

• 3 months later...

Post removed. Info outdated. All info in post #1

Edited by Stuka
  • Like 1

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

That looks Killer:thumbup:,That must have took awhile to setup. Thanks for the Share:thumbup:

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC] SMOKE'M:smoke: IF YA GOT'M!:gun_rifle:

H2o Cooler I7 9700k GA 390x MB Win 10 pro

Evga RTX 2070 8Gig DD5

32 Gig Corsair Vengence, 2T SSD.

TM.Warthog:joystick: :punk:, CV-1:matrix:,3x23" monitors, Tm MFD's, Saitek pro rudders wrapped up in 2 sheets of plywood:megalol:

:notworthy:Man this is Awesome ...

Check Six!!!_:gun_sniper:_:pilotfly:

||R7-2700X||ASUS ROG STRIX-X470F Gaming||GSKILL-TridentZRGB 16GBDDR4 3200C14||CORSAIR RM 1000X||SAPPHIRE RX 7900 XTX 24GB OC||WARTHOG HOTAS||:gun_smilie:

Outstanding work! Thank you for making this available to the community. I can't imagine how many man hours you have in creating this.

Sierra99

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Primary Computer

ASUS Z390-P, i7-9700K CPU @ 5.0Ghz, 32GB Patriot Viper Steel DDR4 @ 3200Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce 1070 Ti AMP Extreme, Samsung 970 EVO M.2 NVMe drives (1Tb & 500 Gb), Windows 10 Professional, Thrustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Thrustmaster Warthog Stick, Thrustmaster Cougar Throttle, Cougar MFDs x3, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals and TrackIR 5.

-={TAC}=-DCS Server

Gigabyte GA-Z68XP-UD3, i7-3770K CPU @ 3.90GHz, 32GB G.SKILL Ripjaws DDR3 @ 1600Mhz, ZOTAC GeForce® GTX 970.

First off thank you for all the effort put into all this. Now for my question. Am I correct in thinking that the accompanying mission is just a template for creating other missions? And if so, where would we find such created missions? Thanks again, this has to be a monumental undertaking, and it's things like this that show just how good the DCS community is.

i7-7700K @ 5.2Ghz

SLI 1080Ti

64GB GSkill Trident Z RGB 4133

Asus Maximus IX Extreme

Custom Water Cooling Loop

TM Warthog/ MFG Crosswind

First off thank you for all the effort put into all this. Now for my question. Am I correct in thinking that the accompanying mission is just a template for creating other missions? And if so, where would we find such created missions? Thanks again, this has to be a monumental undertaking, and it's things like this that show just how good the DCS community is.

The mission Stuka is sharing has ranges in the NTTR populated as close to real world as public information allows. We in the 476th are using this mission, and the NTTR as it is real world, for training and large force exercises.

When SOH (and other combat maps) are released we will still use Nevada for the same thing, and all our combat missions with be on the other maps.

And if so, where would we find such created missions?

To expand a bit, the big idea here is that this mission is simply "left running." When you desire to train, you fly to the particular airspace in the NTTR that supports the particular training goal. That can be everything from tactical flying (formation, low altitude tactical navigation, instrument procedures, etc), weapons employment, or ACM.

The targets placed in the ranges allow you to plan a particular attack, and execute that attack, without threat. Once you've destroyed the targets, you can simply restart the mission if you plan on attacking the same area again. In the real world, it's not so easy to reset ;)

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Thankyou, will try out these mods tonight!

Phanteks Enthoo Evolv Tempered Glass, Asus ROG Maximus IX Hero, Intel i7 7700K @ 4.8, Corsair HX 1000i, Nzxt Kraken 62, 32gb DDR4 3000Mhz Corsair Dominator Platinum, Nvme SSD Samsung 960 Evo 1Tb, Asus Strix OC 1080ti, Philips 43" 4K Monitor + 2 x Dell 24" U2414H, Warthog HOTAS, Track IR 5, Obutto R3volution, Buttkicker Gamer 2, MFG Crosswind pedals, Occulus Rift CV1, Windows 10 Pro.

Gents,

The old download had a pdf with a list of all the ranges.... I just downloaded the most recent version on the 476th site and no pdf... did it get moved to a different location by itself? Lost my old one :/

Thanks, and thanks again for all the hard work the 476th shares with the community.

Sage

VFA-25 Fist of the Fleet

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Virtual Carrier Strike Group One | Discord

Duh, I for got to include that.

An updated version is available on our site, that includes the targets list.

dUJOta.jpg

Windows 11 | i9 12900KF | 64GB DDR4 | RTX 3090 | TM Warthog HOTAS | Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals | TM MFDs + Lilliput 8" | TIR5 Pro

• 1 month later...

I wonder what your settings are? I just started this mission yesterday and got only 15fps. I don't know if this better of we use a 'dedicated' server.

Usually I get ~60fps in NTTR and 50 over Vegas.

With every object in the mission you will see low fps at Nellis, but it does climb up once you get airborne over the ranges.

If it's too low just remove any range targets/objects you don't plan to use and save the mission (with a different name) for the specific flight you are planning. Remember it is a template of the NTTR not a traditional mission (although we do fly it as it is in the 476th and with more objects than the current public release).

Spoiler

Intel 13900K (5Ghz), 64Gb 6400Mhz, MSi RTX 3090, Schiit Modi/Magi DAC/AMP, ASUS PG43UQ, Hotas Warthog, RealSimulator FSSB3, 2x TM MFDs + DCS MFDs, MFG Crosswinds, Elgato Steamdeck XL

Yes, I grouped the ranges to use F10-activation. Now its 'better'. Thanks for this template!

Edit:

I removed the static planes from Nellis and now everything is fine...

Edited by f4l0

Yes, I grouped the ranges to use F10-activation. Now its 'better'. Thanks for this template!

Edit:

I removed the static planes from Nellis and now everything is fine...

Yep, the static aircraft parked at Nellis are the main frame rate killer for me too. The range objects make far less difference.

• 4 weeks later...

Great work Stuka !

There are also a couplefake airfields that could be used as targets in the range. But these in RL are just drawn on the sand, I think. Which is difficult to model in the ME.

Envoyé de mon iPad en utilisant Tapatalk