DCS : F4U-1 Corsair

Hueyman

Well, someone actually had to get the ball rolling;-P And I wanted to :thumbup:

diqWrek.jpg

zBj7I4a.jpg

I have to admit, I was almost sure it was going to be the Corsair, but today let's say 85% of my dream came true, nothing official yet but intimately convinced there'll be a Corsair...

NcFHjjx.jpg

zOzz05G.jpg

This thread would be a Corsair general discussion, all variants included.

The Bent Wing, no one can be indifferent about it, you love it, you hate it ... It's not only the Baa Baa Black Sheep workhorse, even if in our minds it stays so, the Chance Vought F4U Corsair got a great life through the years.

eibqYNC.jpg

SIjamW9.jpg

She's brutally powerful, she's fast, she's aggressive and she's just awesome...

This inverted Gull Wing configuration , with high torque radial engine spinning a huge three or four bladed Constant Speed prop just did marvels,

one of the fastest of the WWII, and even after...

Great performances, more than sufficient payload including unguided rockets, HE Bombs, Napalm and fuel tanks. A good lad for former CAS and strafing runs on convoys, trains or infantry.

7xaPjAP.jpg

ORtpOup.jpg

Now, let's share our thoughts, hopes and wishes ( while trying not to make this thread a bin ) and feelings about this mighty airframe

We are little black sheep. Who have gone astray ...

g3SJZWh.jpg

lIXQOjr.jpg

Yk47wRh.jpg

Have a good evening dudes !

Hueyman

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

LN, here's my credit card, take it!!! Whistling Death, yes! :thumbup:

• Like 1

MSI MAG Z790 Carbon, i9-13900k, NH-D15 cooler, 64 GB CL40 6000mhz RAM, MSI RTX4090, Yamaha 5.1 A/V Receiver, 4x 2TB Samsung 980 Pro NVMe, 1x 2TB Samsung 870 EVO SSD, Win 11 Pro, TM Warthog, Virpil WarBRD, MFG Crosswinds, 43" Samsung 4K TV, 21.5 Acer VT touchscreen, TrackIR, Varjo Aero, Wheel Stand Pro Super Warthog, Phanteks Enthoo Pro2 Full Tower Case, Seasonic GX-1200 ATX3 PSU, PointCTRL, Buttkicker 2, K-51 Helicopter Collective Control

It should be a no brainer for them to make the F4U-4 or other late variants in future, personally I hope to see the F4U-5N one day. A lot of work can be reused and it would work well with the existing Sabre and Mig-15. I actually expected the F4U-4 first since it was used both in late WW2 and Korea, and shared its power plant with the F4U-7 that could be used on the possible Vietnam or Middle East map.

Yup, I couldn't agree more.

I admit I'm a tiny little bit disapointed of the -1, would love a 4 bladed one, but I'm sure if it's a great success, paid upgrades like half or one third of the price could bring these variants improvements, still I'm pessimistic since it never happened before ( only one strict variant for each module, even no tries for closest variants ... )

• Like 2

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

CPL(A)IR ME/SEP/MEP/SET - CPL(H)

Maybe in the future, but the Steam list says F4U-1 - unless there is more to the story. :)

-Nick

Well that's a bit of a let down :-/ Esp. since the Viggen doesn't really excite me either.

Ah well, at least the Mirage is coming out soon, and hopefully we'll see the F-18 in the first half of 2016. Then of course mid to late 2016 the ultimate module of all, the F-14, will hopefully arrive! :pilotfly:

Well that's a bit of a let down :-/ Esp. since the Viggen doesn't really excite me either.

Ah well, at least the Mirage is coming out soon, and hopefully we'll see the F-18 in the first half of 2016. Then of course mid to late 2016 the ultimate module of all, the F-14, will hopefully arrive! :pilotfly:

no let down for me.

Yup, I couldn't agree more.

I admit I'm a tiny little bit disapointed of the -1, would love a 4 bladed one, but I'm sure if it's a great success, paid upgrades like half or one third of the price could bring these variants improvements, still I'm pessimistic since it never happened before ( only one strict variant for each module, even no tries for closest variants ... )

LN already announced two variants of the Tomcat, thus multiple Corsairs shouldn't be out of question either.

still I'm pessimistic since it never happened before ( only one strict variant for each module, even no tries for closest variants ... )

Aircraft for DCS currently with multiple variants:

P-51D (TF-51D)

Su-27 (Su-33)

Su-25 (Su-25T)

MiG-29A (MiG-29G, MiG-29S)

A-10A (A-10C)

Aircraft for DCS planned to have multiple flyable variants:

L-39C (L-39ZA)

C-101 (C-101CC)

F-14A (F-14B)

Bo-105 PAH1A1 (Bo-105 HKP9A)

Spitfire MkIX (Spitfire MkXIV)

Bf 109 K-4 (HA-1112)

(there are others but I don't want to go through all of them since some of them are further off in the future.)

• Like 1

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

...still I'm pessimistic since it never happened before ( only one strict variant for each module, even no tries for closest variants ... )

Well, LNS had already announced two F-14 variants, all in one module. Also both the C-101 and L-39 modules are slated to include two different versions each.

So I wouldn't rule out future developments as to different versions of already existing aircraft modules.

Well, someone actually had to get the ball rolling;-P And I wanted to :thumbup:........Have a good evening dudes !

Hueyman

Here we go again trying to break the forums by putting DCS-(favorite aircraft) on a non-official thread! Ya'll almost gave me a heart attack!:megalol::megalol::megalol:

That being said a Corsair would be a dream come true for me! I've wanted to fly this bird in DCS since the Mustang came flying in!:pilotfly::joystick:

FW 190 has a radial engine.

The D-9 variant has an Jumo in-line V-12. Now the early A models had BMW 801 radial engine.:thumbup:

"For once you have tasted flight you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skywards, for there you have been and there you will long to return."

Leonardo Da Vinci

"We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch - we are going back from whence we came."

John F. Kennedy

Here we go again trying to break the forums by putting DCS-(favorite aircraft) on a non-official thread! Ya'll almost gave me a heart attack!:megalol::megalol::megalol:

That being said a Corsair would be a dream come true for me! I've wanted to fly this bird in DCS since the Mustang came flying in!:pilotfly::joystick:

I had the exact same reaction :lol: but apparently it's been leaked by steamdb

• Like 1

no let down for me.

It is abit for me, but I'll be buying both regardless just to support Leatherneck.

Also the Viggen might turn out to be a great match for the MiG-21, let's see.

As for the F4U-1, well currently it'll be very outclassed by the other props, so I'm hoping for the -4 version soon. Either that or a A6M3 or 5 Zero :)

• Like 1

Glad it is Corsair in the end! Slightly bummed that we are not getting F4U-4 (at least not now), as that was the version I wished for the most.

I don't really care how much it is outclassed versus other props, I personally want it mainly for the career ops and ground attack (and again the -4 would fit that role much better too imo).

Edited by Spectrum Legacy

Sent from my pComputer using Keyboard

I really want to see Cobra's announcement more now as the F4U-1 could be multiple variants and I'd like to know if the Iwo map is a standalone or will be included with the Corsair release.

Truly superior pilots are those that use their superior judgment to avoid those situations where they might have to use their superior skills.

If you ever find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck!

"If at first you don't succeed, Carrier Landings are not for you!"