DCS : F4U-1 Corsair

Hueyman

hmm Corsair not included in the models coming in the first half of the year according to the DCS newletter, accidental omission or is this further than 6 months out?

Likely more than six months out. Viggen was heavily implied to be out at the end of last year, and I would assume LNS is working on that. Combine that with a hectic year of releases coming up (F-5E, SA342, AJS-37, L-39ZA all coming out in the next 6 months) that the Corsair may not be the highest priority right now.

Likely more than six months out. Viggen was heavily implied to be out at the end of last year, and I would assume LNS is working on that. Combine that with a hectic year of releases coming up (F-5E, SA342, AJS-37, L-39ZA all coming out in the next 6 months) that the Corsair may not be the highest priority right now.

They were both heavily implied to come at the end of last year.

-SilentGun

Link to my Imgur screenshots and motto

http://imgur.com/a/Gt7dF

One day in DCS... Vipers will fly along side Tomcats... Bugs with Superbugs, Tiffy's with Tornado's, Fulcrums with Flankers and Mirage with Rafales...

:)The Future of DCS is a bright one:)

I thought they were both supposed to come out close together, but guess things change. Nice for jet and/or chopper fans though I suppose.

Yeah, I had high hopes for F4U earlier as well. It got a little bit boring since last ww2 module was released. And Corsair is just something different.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

The Corsair is well advanced and we're excited to show it off.

It's however part of a much larger undertaking; and we're inclined to make sure that we ship a minimum level of content together with the aircraft to ensure it's marketability and attractiveness from a gameplay perspective.

First impressions are everything, afterall. :)

The Viggen is first, however, yes.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

https://www.facebook.com/heatblur/

• ED Team

Guys, if its not in the newsletter doesnt mean we should start guessing at whats happening, just that there is no new news to report. Try and keep with discussing what we know and what was shared today, LNS has plenty of wishlist threads if you need to get that off your chest.

**sniped by Cobra :)

64Sig.png
Forum RulesMy YouTube • My Discord - NineLine#0440• **How to Report a Bug**

1146563203_makefg(6).png.82dab0a01be3a361522f3fff75916ba4.png  80141746_makefg(1).png.6fa028f2fe35222644e87c786da1fabb.png  28661714_makefg(2).png.b3816386a8f83b0cceab6cb43ae2477e.png  389390805_makefg(3).png.bca83a238dd2aaf235ea3ce2873b55bc.png  216757889_makefg(4).png.35cb826069cdae5c1a164a94deaff377.png  1359338181_makefg(5).png.e6135dea01fa097e5d841ee5fb3c2dc5.png

It's however part of a much larger undertaking; and we're inclined to make sure that we ship a minimum level of content together with the aircraft to ensure it's marketability and attractiveness from a gameplay perspective.

Fine by me. Just hope it wont be far after Viggen, anything after mid of 2016 sounds awfully long.

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

Thanks for the answer, much appreciated

Yep I'd have absolutely no issue buying the plane + the rest of the package you have in mind with the knowledge that the rest would come in due course. But it's understandable to want to hold off for maximum impact and it avoids certain sections of the crowd grumbling about prolonged betas. Looking forward to seeing some screenshots over the next while to tide me over.

Does that mean the F-14 won't be until 2017 some time?

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

Gameplay? Hope you won't give us another grom with a radar could not guide it...

And I just hope you guys could released f-14 and plz don't delay it.

You'll find that most people here agree that the Grom was an excellent addition to the MiG-21bis module.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

You'll find that most people here agree that the Grom was an excellent addition to the MiG-21bis module.

grom: http://i.imgur.com/Cz4RqEQ.gifv

• Like 1

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While I agree it's a nice addition I think you kinda opened a can of worms with that one. Now everytime someone demands a triple AIM-54 rack on their WW2 fighter the argument being made is: "But Leatherneck did it too with the Grom and nobody's complaining!!!" Just sayin'... ;)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds

flare/chaff launchers and a radar/rwr in the sair would be nice too.

My youtube channel Remember: the fun is in the fight, not the kill, so say NO! to the AIM-120.

System specs:ROG Maximus XI Hero, Intel I9 9900K, 32GB 3200MHz ram, EVGA 1080ti FTW3, Samsung 970 EVO 1TB NVME, 27" Samsung SA350 1080p, 27" BenQ GW2765HT 1440p, ASUS ROG PG278Q 1440p G-SYNC

Controls: Saitekt rudder pedals,Virpil MongoosT50 throttle, warBRD base, CM2 stick, TrackIR 5+pro clip, WMR VR headset.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

While I agree it's a nice addition I think you kinda opened a can of worms with that one. Now everytime someone demands a triple AIM-54 rack on their WW2 fighter the argument being made is: "But Leatherneck did it too with the Grom and nobody's complaining!!!" Just sayin'... ;)

That's not quite compareable.

The Grom was able to be carried by the MiG-21bis, just not on this particular variant.

It's a very small leap.

As an example; AIM-120 on the F-14 is too much for us. KH-66 on the MiG-21 is not.

Nicholas Dackard

Founder & Lead Artist

Heatblur Simulations

That's not quite compareable.

I know that, but it seems some folks here don't (or don't want to, because it fits their agenda ;) ).

But it really is fine. Thx for getting back to me. :)

Specs:

i9 10900K @ 5.1 GHz, EVGA GTX 1080Ti, MSI Z490 MEG Godlike, 32GB DDR4 @ 3600, Win 10, Samsung S34E790C, Vive, TIR5, 10cm extended Warthog on WarBRD, Crosswinds