DCS : F4U-1 Corsair

Hueyman

11 hours ago, Mogster said:

Its Mosquito time. I don’t think we’ll be hearing more about the F4U for a while.

I don't see what one has to do with the other, especially as they're both made by different developers.

The F4U is not waiting for the Mosquito, it's waiting to be brought to a status that is good enough to begin the release process.

• Like 4

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

41 minutes ago, QuiGon said:

I don't see what one has to do with the other, especially as they're both made by different developers.

The F4U is not waiting for the Mosquito, it's waiting to be brought to a status that is good enough to begin the release process.

Yes but commercially releasing 2 modules close together makes no sense. Also we’ve had no indication that the F4U is ready for prime time.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Mogster said:

Yes but commercially releasing 2 modules close together makes no sense. Also we’ve had no indication that the F4U is ready for prime time.

I'm not asking for this module to be released or anything, I just wanted to see if there was any news concerning it's development.

• Like 4

27 minutes ago, Mogster said:

The Mossie is already released and if the whole pre-release procedure for the Corsair would start now, it would still take a month at least untill it would be released, which is not that close to the Mossie release.

But all of that doesn't matter as the Corsair is not ready for this yet development wise.

• Like 1

Intel i7-12700K @ 8x5GHz+4x3.8GHz + 32 GB DDR5 RAM + Nvidia Geforce RTX 2080 (8 GB VRAM) + M.2 SSD + Windows 10 64Bit

DCS Panavia Tornado (IDS) really needs to be a thing!

Tornado3 small.jpg

Just more UVs. All I see for a while now are UVs. Once Rudel is done with this and retexturing there will be something to show. 

• Like 9
  • Thanks 4

AMD Ryzen 5900X @ 4.95 Ghz / Asus Crosshair VII X470 / 32 GB DDR4 3600 Mhz Cl16 / Radeon 6800XT / Samsung 960 EVO M.2 SSD / Creative SoundBlaster AE-9 / HP Reverb G2 / VIRPIL T-50CM /
Thrustmaster TPR Pendular Rudder Pedals / Audio Technica ATH-MSR7

• 4 weeks later...
On 9/24/2021 at 9:23 AM, Hiromachi said:

Just more UVs. All I see for a while now are UVs. Once Rudel is done with this and retexturing there will be something to show. 

Few know what a slog that can be.

I guess I'm a bit unusual in that I enjoy UV's, but I've never tackled something as complicated as this cockpit - this would  take some time indeed.

So many individual little parts.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Love the Corsair.  Was looking at the F4U that is available for MSFS 2020. It's really well done, and I'm tempted. But I'd rather have a combat version that I can kill things with. I have to admit, though. After following the development of this model for about seven years, I'm wondering if it's going to happen. I might have to get my F4U fix in a civilian flight sim. Guess I can fly around and make gun noises!

Oh, I don't think you or I need to be concerned about the F4U happening, there are other projects that seem possibly stalled or in trouble, but this one is making progress, it's just taking longer than they originally thought!  My guess, based on absolutely nothing, is that maybe it's half a year away from the store? 

that said, getting one for MSFS could also be fun, as you could fly it anywhere in the world, and practice short field landings on remote islands, carriers in that sim aren't to DCS levels of realism or difficulty but there ARE carriers to try out... 

• 2 weeks later...
Am 21.10.2021 um 23:07 schrieb Gambit21:

Few know what a slog that can be.

I guess I'm a bit unusual in that I enjoy UV's, but I've never tackled something as complicated as this cockpit - this would  take some time indeed.

So many individual little parts.

as i come from the 3d games industry background i did enjoy this quite aswell.

not much thinking. just let the mind wander... very bob ross-esque.

however in the last project ive worked on we used substance Designer which sped up the texturing process dramatically.

youd of course had to map it. but once youve done it a material mask had to be made.

there arent that many different "vanilla" materials on a plane.

SD then detected that mask and generated seamless procedural textures for each part of the mask.

you then proceeded to add grime dirt etc by basically projecting images of dirt etc to according areas eg exhausts etc.

you could even simulate fluid leaks etc

and that all live on a 3d model.

no worries about uv seams.

very powerful tool.

Edited by Doughguy
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I hope they start considering to put all effort in delivering the Corsair as soon much as possible cause the development of this module rate back several years now, more than the time needed to develop the real aircraft. Also, as stated repeatedly in the past, I hope they change their marketing policy, cause being too much criptic and constipated () in giving informations in the long period could be counterproductive....

Inviato dal mio BLA-L09 utilizzando Tapatalk

Eh...

I hope it's soon too, as does everyone including the dev team members I'm sure!

But more than that I want it to be FINISHED and GOOD out of the box, not a half-baked "product" that needs endless patches to work halfways ok. So I'm willing to wait until it's properly ready, not "early".

As for marketing... we fans worry too much about this. Far too much IMO.  

Why?

Because when it's about to drop, and available for sale/download, we shall see the same things as I posted in the Kiowa Warrior thread:

On 11/19/2021 at 1:20 PM, Rick50 said:

Whenever the Kiowa is ready, you won't need to be watching this forum every day... you'll see a spike in post activity, you'll see youtube videos showing the launch trailer, you'll see youtubes from DCS based influencers showing off the near-final product, you'll see it pop up in the DCS store, you'll see "OMG Kiowa !!!1!" posts...  

... it won't be a secret.

Same for the F4U Corsair. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rick50 said:

... I want it to be FINISHED and GOOD out of the box, not a half-baked "product" that needs endless patches to work halfways ok. ...

Message not particularly directed to you, but the fans.

This right here is why the Corsair is taking a while, not to mention the assets that will be included.  If you guys saw what it truly looked like in 2019, there'd be to many complaints comparing it to Heatblur.  The original F4U had awesome textures, but they were not PBR compatible and low res compared by today's standards.  On top of that, it was so horribly modeled.  Not that the mesh was horrible, but the accuracy.

I made the decision to redo everything from scratch.  Blame me for the delays, I really don't care.  I too want to release a complete product, and that's what I set out to do in the art department.

We're really close anyways guys, and we'll have some exciting content to show soon.  December timeframe.

unknown.png

• Like 16
  • Thanks 5

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

2 hours ago, -Rudel- said:

December timeframe.

Looking forward to it too ... the first proper WW2 carrier aircraft of DCS, it should be a blast and it will be a day-1 purchase for me.  🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

5 hours ago, -Rudel- said:

This right here is why the Corsair is taking a while, not to mention the assets that will be included.  If you guys saw what it truly looked like in 2019, there'd be to many complaints comparing it to Heatblur.  The original F4U had awesome textures, but they were not PBR compatible and low res compared by today's standards.  On top of that, it was so horribly modeled.  Not that the mesh was horrible, but the accuracy.

I made the decision to redo everything from scratch.  Blame me for the delays, I really don't care.  I too want to release a complete product, and that's what I set out to do in the art department.

We're really close anyways guys, and we'll have some exciting content to show soon.  December timeframe.

unknown.png

This kind of informations is what I was talking about. Could we blame someone for deciding to make is work better? I don't think so.... Could we blame (with educated ways) someone for bad communications or laking of? I could that this could happen...
So keep going with Your work, in any case I will buy the Corsair as I bought the MiG 21 cause I believe in the project 👍

• Like 1

11 hours ago, -Rudel- said:

unknown.png

Thank you for taking as much time needed to present a beautiful Bird.  I. For one will be very appreciative of the hard work and any delays are fine by me.

F9D80DCC-7322-44F0-9DE0-53E534A649F4.jpeg

• Like 2

Intel 8700k @5ghz, 32gb ram, 1080ti, Rift S

13 hours ago, -Rudel- said:

unknown.png

Thanks for the update Rudel. Try not to worry about people getting upset by the delays. Until you take money from us you're under no obligations. I look forward to it and can't wait to put it to use in the Marianas. 

• Like 1

H A P P Y  T H A N K S  G I V I N G ! !

Thank you for the continued support and insane patience as we develop the F4U and make small fixes to the 21.

unknown.png

• Like 19

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD