DCS : F4U-1 Corsair

Hueyman

On 11/22/2021 at 11:45 AM, Jester986 said:

....not to mention the assets that will be included.

Meaning the Essex class carrier and AI Zero, I hope. This is going to be a good one. Maybe ED will be willing to jump in and add some Japanese equipment into the WW2 assets pack sometime down the line. Maybe an AI Avenger to help fill out the air group....maybe.....fingers crossed, toes crossed...etc.

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, Ercoupe said:

Meaning the Essex class carrier and AI Zero, I hope. This is going to be a good one. Maybe ED will be willing to jump in and add some Japanese equipment into the WW2 assets pack sometime down the line. Maybe an AI Avenger to help fill out the air group....maybe.....fingers crossed, toes crossed...etc.

M3 was talking about doing some Japanese ground assets by themselves last year. But I hope ED has some things in the pipeline too for the WW2 versions of the Marinas map and their rumored F6F module.

https://leatherneck-sim.com/2020/05/20/crouching-update/

Exact contents are not decided yet and they depend on many things, but apart from the Essex Class Aircraft Carrier we’ve been working on some ground units to build a very basic environment for the F4U-1D.  A variety of such assets include the Japanese Type 89, Type 95 and Type 97 tanks, Type 94 truck (in a few versions) and the 25 mm Type 96 gun, 75 mm Type 88 cannons.  A complete package of contents will be disclosed closer to the release date!

F4U-1D_Assests_002.jpg

F4U-1D_Assests_001.jpg

• Like 3

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, FwkDewd69 said:

So I guess it's safe to say the F4U won't be coming out this year?

It will came out once it's ready, and I'm OK with that ...  as I'm still learning the Mosquito 😇

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

Mobile: iPad Pro 12.9" of 256 GB

F O L L O W  T H E  L I G H T ! !

image.png

• Like 11

https://magnitude-3.com/

https://www.facebook.com/magnitude3llc

https://www.youtube.com/@magnitude_3

i9 13900K, 128GB RAM, RTX 4090, Win10Pro, 2 x 2TB SSD

i9 10980XE, 128GB RAM, RTX 3090Ti, Win10 Pro, 2 x 256GB SSD, 4 x 512GB SSD RAID 0, 6 x 4TB HDD RAID 6, 9361-8i RAID Controller

i7 4960X, 64GB RAM, GTX Titan X Black, Win10 Pro, 512GB PCIe SSD, 2 x 256GB SSD

Yeah, not going to happen, I think. I'm wondering if it will even be next Christmas. I first heard about this airplane being in developement in 2015. We're going on seven years. In that time, the real one had been designed, test flown, and seen several years of combat. It is, without question, my most anticipated airplane in DCS. I check in here constantly to see if there are any updates. 

20 minutes ago, Ercoupe said:

I check in here constantly to see if there are any updates. 

For me, that's a bit of a time waste .. I trust that ED's Newsletter will give me enough warning once the aircraft is closer to release, in the meantime I just fly something else (like the Mosquito) 🙂

For work: iMac mid-2010 of 27" - Core i7 870 - 6 GB DDR3 1333 MHz - ATI HD5670 - SSD 256 GB - HDD 2 TB - macOS High Sierra

For Gaming: 34" Monitor - Ryzen 3600X - 32 GB DDR4 2400 - nVidia GTX1070ti - SSD 1.25 TB - HDD 10 TB - Win10 Pro - TM HOTAS Cougar - Oculus Rift CV1

.....in the meantime I just fly something else (like the Mosquito) 🙂

Of course. So do I. And that Mossie is terrific. It became a favorite quickly.

1 minute ago, GrumpyPilot said:

s it possible to make liveries for it now?

You can make liveries without having an airplane or a template?

On 12/7/2021 at 9:01 AM, GrumpyPilot said:

is it possible to make liveries for it now? or do we have to wait for the release? us grumpy pilots have our own navy skins sooo ofc i would like to add that to my corsair xD

Think that needs the actual model, or at least a template. Usually the template gets made after the product is completed or offered up for sale.

However, since this interests you, this is the time to accumulate the data, picture resources, diagrams, paint identifyer numbers, what unit designations for the various squadrons, the CAG's paint job. Accumulate now to help ease the task of whomever will actually paint the in-game airframe!

• 3 weeks later...
56 minutes ago, razo+r said:

Not sure if this gif is appropriate already 1 day after an update 😄

Yes ... just two posts and he is already attempting lame memes, a golden user indeed 🙄

Edited by Rudel_chw